What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

TCG Dost, RMK Marine S&R vessel will be launched into see in 09.06.2010...

Latest picture taken from RMK shipyard...

image-641E_4BD20535.jpg

I think Design phase of TF-2000 has already been finished but It is a big question when We see it...

thanks.

other question people say turkish navy dont have area air defence systems?
i dont think this is true.
because the ships will be very easy targets?
do you know anything about these systems?

thanks.

other question people say turkish navy dont have area air defence systems?
i dont think this is true.
because the ships will be very easy targets?
do you know anything about these systems?

In 1980-90's, Yes It was true but At current weapon statues of Turkish frigates, It is wrong. Every Turkish frigates have equipments enough to defend themselves. This makes them hard targets and Do not forget that All frigates are moving targets for Airforces so It makes those targets difficult to hunt.

and 4 Meko and 4 Perry frigates are under modernization phase and Yavuz calss frigates are also under modernization phase with national capabilities. Those 8 Meko+Perry frigates have been integrated MK-41 Vertical Launch systems with ESSM missiles While Smart-S Naval radars will replace older ones.

Last edited:
and 4 Meko and 4 Perry frigates are under modernization phase and Yavuz calss frigates are also under modernization phase with national capabilities. Those 8 Meko+Perry frigates have been integrated MK-41 Vertical Launch systems with ESSM missiles While Smart-S Naval radars will replace older ones.

Please provide link.

RIM-156 SM-2 block 4 have much higher range then ESSM?
Why is that?
but i mean more like a shield..
when a missile closing into one of our ship.
that a system will automaticly launch a missile that will explode the nemy missile in air.
and also when it comes ot multiple missiles.

Please provide link.

April 4/08: The US Defense Security Cooperation Agency announces [PDF] Turkey’s formal request for 6 MK 41 Vertical Launch System (VLS) Baseline VII tactical modules, and 2 sets of MK 41 VLS upgrade kits. They would be used to modernize 2 MEKO Track IIA frigates and 4 ex-FFG-7 Oliver Hazard Perry Class frigates, and to upgrade 2 MEKO Track IIB frigates’ MK-41 VLS from baseline IV to baseline VII configuration. Updates to the ships’ fire control system upgrades will add RIM-162 Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile capability.

MK 41 Naval Vertical Missile Launch Systems Delivered, Supported

RIM-156 SM-2 block 4 have much higher range then ESSM? Why is that?

Yes It is... Turkey choosed ESSM because We are an official partner of ESSM program and Roketsan has increadible design-development share coming with those missiles.BTW, I do not think that USA congress will give permission USA institues to export SM-2 missiles for Turkey...

but i mean more like a shield..
when a missile closing into one of our ship.
that a system will automaticly launch a missile that will explode the nemy missile in air.
and also when it comes ot multiple missiles.

It is a different concept... We call it like AAW ships. You know there is already an ongoing defence program called TF-2000 in Turkey and This ship will have missions like you told above...

Yes It is... Turkey choosed ESSM because We are an official partner of ESSM program and Roketsan has increadible design-development share coming with those missiles.BTW, I do not think that USA congress will give permission USA institues to export SM-2 missiles for Turkey...

It is a different concept... We call it like AAW ships. You know there is already an ongoing defence program called TF-2000 in Turkey and This ship will have missions like you told above...

AAW ships... Anti air warfare ships?
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.
Now i get that whole aaw ship thing:oops:

Back
Top Bottom