What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

and According to same source, Turkish institues have been proceeding to develop an Anti-ship missile called "Atmaca". It is expected to be similar with USA Harpoon and Korean SeaStar missiles !!!

v4xq1u.jpg

110giuv.jpg

Turkish Anti-Ship Missiles called Atmaca Details !!!

R&D budget= 80 million Euro (Signed between related institues in 2008)

Main contactor: Roketsan
Subcontactor: Aselsan
Jet engine: TEI
Atmaca-I Range: Max. Range 70km
Development period: 7 Years !!!

Details for AKYA Heavy Torpedos !!!

-Akya will have both Wire and Acustic guidance
-They will be integrated on Ay class modernizated submarines, U-214TN's, Preveze and Gur class submarines...
-R&D budget= 24 million $
-Main Contactor: ARMERKOM
-Subcontactors: Roketsan-Aselsan-Tubitak
-Technological assistance: S. Korea
-Diameter: 553mm
-Weight:1100kg
-Length: 6.4m
-Speed: 35 knot
-Warhead: 370kg TNT
-Range: 30km
-Project Statues: Pass to the serial production phase in a short time..
-Accurate:%90+

Source: S&H Magazine-Savunmasanayi.net!!!

Last edited:
The Range up to 70 km are enough to use Atmaca in the Aegean, I hope future FAC and Helicopters get equippt with Atmaca. For the Mediteran and the Black Sea Turkish Navy need a Missile with a Range of 200 km+.

It would interest me if "Atmaca" have a limited Land - Attack Capabillity like Harpoon Block-2 or MM-40 Exocet Block-3.

Development period was revealed to public like 7 years. It looks way long time period for a development program but At final, Turkey will have earned an Anti-ship missile technology but According to some sources, The signitures have been signed between SSM and related institues in 2008. It means that By 2015, The Turkish Anti-Ship missiles will be operational If everything goes perfect !!!

BTW, Atmaca is the Turkish name of a wild bird living mostly in the East-Part of Black-Sea of Turkey. It is the symbol of my town !!! :)

Last edited:
Details for AKYA Heavy Torpedos !!!

-Akya will have both Wire and Acustic guidance
-They will be integrated on Ay class modernizated submarines, U-214TN's, Preveze and Gur class submarines...
-R&D budget= 24 million $
-Main Contactor: ARMERKOM
-Subcontactors: Roketsan-Aselsan-Tubitak
-Technological assistance: S. Korea
-Diameter: 553mm
-Weight:1100kg
-Length: 6.4m
-Speed: 35 knot
-Warhead: 370kg TNT
-Range: 30km
-Project Statues: Pass to the serial production phase in a short time..
-Accurate:%90+

Source: S&H Magazine-Savunmasanayi.net!!!

SK involvement suggests a derivative of the LG White Shark, which in turn is said to be heavily influenced by or based on the German SUT torpedo, as delivered to SK (and most other Type 209 submarine users) by the AEG subsidiary STN Atlas and which is licence produced in Indonesia.

How many workers does Aselsan has?
They are developing so many things at the same time!!!!!~!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom