What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

On the illustration I can see Zenith.
Then there will be sea zenith
any info about the missiles that TF-2000 will be use ?
Harpoon, ESSM and SM1 for sure, RAM Block 2 almost for sure

SOM naval version highly likely... SM2 would be nice but unlikely

I'm more curious about what the main gun choice will be

Sea-Zenith is a system developed in the 80's and the only user is Turkish Navy.
It has limited firepower 3400 round per minute and 2000 meter range,
Phalanx has a firepower of 4500 rounds per minute and a range of 3600 meters.

Harpoon will afaik not be installed, domestic Atmaca will be integrated. ESSM is ok, Turkey is negotiating with the USA about SM-3 that are used in US-Aegis class, Japanese Kongos or possibly SM2-III like in the Over The Huitfeld class or Fritjof-Nansen, the VL K 41 canisters can handle also SM3 missiles.
it will depend on the political relation to the USA.
SOM-Naval as a Tomahawk like system is possible.
Main gun system could be OTO Breda 127/ 54 with 100 km range with Volcano ammunition.
Turkish made torpedo and torpedo countermeasures,

Then there will be sea zenith

Harpoon, ESSM and SM1 for sure, RAM Block 2 almost for sure

SOM naval version highly likely... SM2 would be nice but unlikely

I'm more curious about what the main gun choice will be

The illustration shows a "stealth gun" like US destroyer Zumwalt has.

The illustration shows a "stealth gun" like US destroyer Zumwalt has.
Zumwalt has the 155mm advanced gun system(AGS) that is capable of firing guided munitions.
Which would be awesome to have.

But I'm afraid there's a higher chance that the 76mm oto-melara will be chosen again.

Zumwalt is the most advanced DDG on the world and has 15.000 tons, unit cost is approx. 4 Billion USD with FY 2015 price. It is utopic, even for the UK or Russia to reach that technological level.

The stealthy turret maybe a hint for OtoBreda Super Rapido 76 mm.
But I don't believe that the pictures show the real and final configuration.
Our TF-2000 will have estimated max. 7.000-8.000 tons. I tend to guess that we will choose new OtoBreda 127/64 with up to 120 km range with Volcano, as for the German F-125 class.

Is it not possible to equipp "I Class" light Frigattes and Ada Class Corvettes(by modification) with Gezgin LACM ? The Russian have fired their Kalibr-NK Cruise Missiles from 800 Ton Corvettes !

Is it not possible to equipp "I Class" light Frigattes and Ada Class Corvettes(by modification) with Gezgin LACM ? The Russian have fired their Kalibr-NK Cruise Missiles from 800 Ton Corvettes !
That would be great....if Gezgin was actually operational, let alone being at prototype phase....

Back
Top Bottom