What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

:lol: Well that explains why I could find MK48 in the PDF link... but Turkey's buying Mod 6 according to the Defense Security Cooperation Agency:

The Government of Turkey has requested a possible sale of up to 48 MK 48 Mod 6 Advanced Technology All-Up-Round (AUR) Warshot Torpedoes, containers, fleet exercise sections, exercise fuel tanks, surface recovery cage and tools, exercise hardware, maintenance facility upgrades, support and test equipment, spare and repair parts, personnel training and training equipment, publications and technical documentation, U.S. Government and contractor engineering, technical, and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics support. The total estimated cost is $170 million.

Republic of Turkey - MK 48 TORPEDOES

Up to Mod 6, so it can't be Mod 7:(.

I don't doubt a squid's seen one, just some general info for the less knowledgeable or industry experienced members.

PDF's got plenty of them, and not too make navy people like you or Sven.

Thanks for getting the source. Then Mod6 simply tells us that it's just a stop-gap solution or what? Until AKYA gets FOC. For the following 8-9 years, its probably better and advanced than available on the market.

BTW, did we met on pdf? :)

Thanks for getting the source. Then Mod6 simply tells us that it's just a stop-gap solution or what? Until AKYA gets FOC. For the following 8-9 years, its probably better and advanced than available on the market.

svensvensonov ?:azn:

We've spoke before, yes. I left the forum for a month to "cool-off" during a period of egregious stupidity here. As I usually do, I changed my account credentials, but when I decided to return I couldn't remember what I changed them too, so I locked myself out of my normal account:partay:.

You know me better as:

Technogaianist

Fortunately, and for some strange reason since I changed its credentials too, I had my original account available for use after resetting the password. Strange since I thought I changed its email account to a bogus one and altered the password, this would render me unable to reset the password and regain account usage.

I'm no longer a PDF "Professional" but, meh, so what.

Last edited:
Thanks @AVCI @Nutuk

Temren Missile (Mizrak-D)
Atmaca anti-ship Missile
National Joint Cruise Missile (Gezgin)
National SAM integration (Hisar family)
Akya integration (533mm heavy torpedo)

for Turkish Navy !

How many Gezgin LACM will be deployed on each TF-2000 ?

Excellent news! Btw, is this from the DZKK report, which must be posted one or two pages back bro?

Also, it talks about Mk48 heavy torpedoes, I doubt its the early variant. Are we expecting Mod 7 CBAS? It means like 2x destructive power to today's submarine fleet. Please tell us its mod 7 :D

It is most probably Mk48 Mod-6 bro. Turkey requested Mod 6 torpedoes for Cebre class.

svensvensonov ?:azn:

No, but I believe we've already has this discussion. You're still free to ask Armstrong, Nihonjin (both of whom have seen both me and Sven), or Slav Defense, or source through other forums I'm a member of, or I'll even take a picture of us together with his wife... this has been gone over before.

You're no more right now then you were when we had this discussion four months ago.

Du må aldri ta fri fra din merkelig oppførsel? Du trenger en jobb ... eller en kjæreste

Last edited:
How many Gezgin LACM will be deployed on each TF-2000 ?

there will be 48 vls as we know.load the vls' as you wish.
i would prefer 2 tf2000 ship task force :
one with
64 essm-2 in 16 vls, 24 sm-2 in 24 vls,8 gezgin, the other with
64 essm-2 in 16 vls, 16 sm-2, 16 gezgin.

No, but I believe we've already has this discussion. You're still free to ask Armstrong, Nihonjin (both of whom have seen both me and Sven), or Slav Defense, or source through other forums I'm a member of, or I'll even take a picture of us together with his wife... this has been gone over before.

You're no more right now then you were when we had this discussion four months ago.

Du må aldri ta fri fra din merkelig oppførsel? Du trenger en jobb ... eller en kjæreste
Ikke gamble:azn:

there will be 48 vls as we know.load the vls' as you wish.
i would prefer 2 tf2000 ship task force :
one with
64 essm-2 in 16 vls, 24 sm-2 in 24 vls,8 gezgin, the other with
64 essm-2 in 16 vls, 16 sm-2, 16 gezgin.

I doubt we can get ESSM Block II, isn't it expected to be in service at 2020, and that's the US Navy timeline. Also bro, bear in mind that naval HisarA/O will be ready at 2020s.

We've spoke before, yes. I left the forum for a month to "cool-off" during a period of egregious stupidity here. As I usually do, I changed my account credentials, but when I decided to return I couldn't remember what I changed them too, so I locked myself out of my normal account:partay:.

You know me better as:

Technogaianist

Fortunately, and for some strange reason since I changed its credentials too, I had my original account available for use after resetting the password. Strange since I thought I changed its email account to a bogus one and altered the password, this would render me unable to reset the password and regain account usage.

I'm no longer a PDF "Professional" but, meh, so what.

Oh..I really am sorry for misconfusing you. I shall carry on at an offtopic thread, otherwise I'd go offtopic itself.

I doubt we can get ESSM Block II, isn't it expected to be in service at 2020, and that's the US Navy timeline. Also bro, bear in mind that naval HisarA/O will be ready at 2020s.

Oh..I really am sorry for misconfusing you. I shall carry on at an offtopic thread, otherwise I'd go offtopic itself.

Bro, It seems in articles that Navy is waiting for Hisar Family missiles excitedly. Most probably, The ESSM missiles will be replaced with Hisars in 2020's.

Bro, It seems in articles that Navy is waiting for Hisar Family missiles excitedly. Most probably, The ESSM missiles will be replaced with Hisars in 2020's.

I see. Going domestic is of course the best decision but the Navy, you know the US defense contractors has a vast dominance over the equipment and armaments especially. And nobody inside believes that TCG Muavenet incident was no accident based on DZKK's own analysts. It is vitally important that we replace them sooner. In addition I heard they were having problems on ESSM magazines per quadropack Mk41 cell.

US08397613-20130319-D00000.png

images

Turkey is one of the partners of essm2 develop group. and frankly, we are talking about a air defence frigate (almost destroyer), hisar is not head to head system or missile to essm2. range, precision, seeker,proven, being a partner.. in all specs it is over. I personally choose to use hisar system in corvettes and light frigates. And don't forget : vls cells in tf2000 shall be mk41 (long one) because of gezgin and sm2. Us never sertificates hisar to mk41 nor four hisars never fits to a mk41 cell. they are huge. If you use hisar on mk41 you put best 32 missiles to 16 mk41 but i would prefer 64 essm2.. i guess you missed the sign to attending to essm2 group.

For future projections we should discuss about possible effectiveness.
Hisar is already not combat proven like ESSM, but I believe in our engineers skills.
Brahmos is supersonic and SOM will be subsonic.
Atmaca will be also subsonic, but others will be more advanced in future e.g JLRASM (ASSM-ER) up to 500 nm range, compatible with ZUMVALT class frigates already.

What will the better choice ? A future threat scenario would be very productive discussion.

I see. Going domestic is of course the best decision but the Navy, you know the US defense contractors has a vast dominance over the equipment and armaments especially. And nobody inside believes that TCG Muavenet incident was no accident based on DZKK's own analysts. It is vitally important that we replace them sooner. In addition I heard they were having problems on ESSM magazines per quadropack Mk41 cell.

What's TF-2000 likely armament? it's proposed as an air-defense frigate... so what are be looking at beyond medium-range missiles like ESSM and point-defense RIM-116?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom