What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

There are 16 anti ship missiles in the area between the main mast and the funnel. This is the twice the usual load of the existing anti ship missiles normally carried on Turkish warships. So not all the missiles will be Harpoon otherwise will be too expensive to procure and maintain 16 anti ship missiles.

I guess Istanbul Class will be equippt with 8 X Atmaca ASHM and the other 8 Missiles will be Gezgin or SOM working like tactical Tomahawk, to engae Land and Sea Targets as well ! We should take a look on TF-2000 Computer rendered Design, were we see launches on the Side of the Frigate, I think the upper placed launchers are for Gezgin LACM and the Launchers downwards are for Torpedos ! TN will be become Capable to Mass launch Cruise Missiles to ensure a credible Detterent without Turkey need strategic Bomber Capabillity !

ASELSAN_CAFRAD_radar_TF2000_Frigate.jpg

View attachment 222504 is that places for missile o_O

I think they are ATMACA launchers as Babur Han said... Babur Han also says some of them are for GEZGİN but does GEZGİN needs a vertcial launcher ? And also bootom launchers should be torpedo or anti-torpedo (soft/ hard kill) launchers...

BTW i think this TF-2000 looks damn good...

What do you think @isoo ?..

I think they are ATMACA launchers as Babur Han said... Babur Han also says some of them are for GEZGİN but does GEZGİN needs a vertcial launcher ? And also bootom launchers should be torpedo or anti-torpedo (soft/ hard kill) launchers...

BTW i think this TF-2000 looks damn good...

What do you think @isoo ?..

down side of SSM launchers are most probably chaff/smoke, the ones near to hangar is torpedo launcher and anti torpedo system.i think missiles such gezgin wouldnt fit there ( wouldnt be enough for launching with needed angle to fire )

she looks more beatiful now,this will impress our neighbours :P

down side of SSM launchers are most probably chaff/smoke, the ones near to hangar is torpedo launcher and anti torpedo system.i think missiles such gezgin wouldnt fit there ( wouldnt be enough for launching with needed angle to fire )

she looks more beatiful now,this will impress our neighbours :P

Can you make all things clear ?.. :-) I put question mark to mention "This place is empty so what can be @ these places" also is that laser weapon or laser weapon + something which i showed with dark blue arrow...

(Bu arada bacanın orayı (Turkuaz) biraz abarttım galiba :partay: )

1.jpg

Last edited:
Can you make all things clear ?.. :-) I put question mark to mention "This place is empty so what can be @ these places" also is that laser weapon or laser weapon + something which i showed with dark blue arrow...

(Bu arada bacanın orayı (Turkuaz) biraz abarttım galiba :partay: )

View attachment 222562
honestly i cant say anything, :) most of them are already known mate,you also know it why need to say again?:P

just if there is chaff below SSM, are there totally 48 chaff on both side? Isnt this alot? Or torpedo decoys 24-36 on both side? I dont know maybe those squares are something else to hold something inside of the hull .

Ship looks more modern now. Some of our designers don't care much about the looks. I would still look for more modern lines like the Zumwalt has. Yet I don't like Zumwalt's bow section.

By the way there are still some 90 degree bulkheads by the bow section launchers which are not suitable for low radar visibility.

Last edited:
Ship looks more modern now. Some of our designers don't care much about the looks. I would still look for more modern lines like the Zumwalt has. Yet I don't like Zumwalt's bow section.

By the way the there are still some 90 degree bulkheads by the bow section launchers which are not suitable for low radar visibility.
I think the opposite, i think our weapon systems look pretty well, Milgem looks gorgeous for exsample but you shouldnt compare it to Zumwalt anyway, its a complete another class of a ship.

Zumwalt = ~15'000t
TF-2000 =~6'000t

I think the opposite, i think our weapon systems look pretty well, Milgem looks gorgeous for exsample but you shouldnt compare it to Zumwalt anyway, its a complete another class of a ship.

Zumwalt = ~15'000t
TF-2000 =~6'000t

Still the more stealthy features and lines could be applicable. I am still hopefull as I think there still is more time for a final design.

Still the more stealthy features and lines could be applicable. I am still hopefull as I think there still is more time for a final design.
I would still be happy with something above 10'000t with TF-2000 design, lets first make the ship, we can think later about stealthy design.

The difference of zumwalt isnt just its looking, even for propulsion and maneouvering systems are based on one decade of academic studies. Its tumblehome hull is some of adventageous ,but it decreases the deck area , lowers stability . Bow is the constraint of zumwalt, shouldnt expect conventional bow . Its like x-bow applied of offshore supply vessels , with a sonar-dome bulb . Even that bow took 1-2 phd studies, yet we dont have that much backgroud ,we are not in the same league to support that heavy academic studies.

What can we target from zumwaly might be its propulsion system which is reducing mechanical transmission losses , totally central electricity system. All electricity,for motors , system or supplies are managed by one central system to maximize efficiency. Also you can replace the engines with whatever can produce electricity and supplies the system.

If we think TF2000 will sail until 2050s other electricity sources will take place, so a system like zumwalts are what is creditable than looking of zumwalt,or its mast ,or its stealthy.

@FutureMe
What you see as 90degree might be 5-8 degree inclined,or its just aselsan's render, and they might just drawn box looking things instead of originally placed one.

By mentioning some our engineers doesnt care about looking,sure they are engineers and not industrial designers . But design circle is such a huge in warship ,until you can not imagine and i cant tell all details since i cant remember . But just think, aselsan , stm , ssm ,Dzkk involves, main contractor is pendik milgem dizayn ofisi , they are the organizations take in main level and think a spiral going between them until the final design,and think how many engineers involved ,sure after some point they will care about looking for common feeling.

Maybe yellow one is decoy launcher...
isnt it too large for a decoy? More seems like SSM.

The difference of zumwalt isnt just its looking, even for propulsion and maneouvering systems are based on one decade of academic studies. Its tumblehome hull is some of adventageous ,but it decreases the deck area , lowers stability . Bow is the constraint of zumwalt, shouldnt expect conventional bow . Its like x-bow applied of offshore supply vessels , with a sonar-dome bulb . Even that bow took 1-2 phd studies, yet we dont have that much backgroud ,we are not in the same league to support that heavy academic studies.

What can we target from zumwaly might be its propulsion system which is reducing mechanical transmission losses , totally central electricity system. All electricity,for motors , system or supplies are managed by one central system to maximize efficiency. Also you can replace the engines with whatever can produce electricity and supplies the system.

If we think TF2000 will sail until 2050s other electricity sources will take place, so a system like zumwalts are what is creditable than looking of zumwalt,or its mast ,or its stealthy.

@FutureMe
What you see as 90degree might be 5-8 degree inclined,or its just aselsan's render, and they might just drawn box looking things instead of originally placed one.

By mentioning some our engineers doesnt care about looking,sure they are engineers and not industrial designers . But design circle is such a huge in warship ,until you can not imagine and i cant tell all details since i cant remember . But just think, aselsan , stm , ssm ,Dzkk involves, main contractor is pendik milgem dizayn ofisi , they are the organizations take in main level and think a spiral going between them until the final design,and think how many engineers involved ,sure after some point they will care about looking for common feeling.

isnt it too large for a decoy? More seems like SSM.

I surely can't even imagine our engineers going into production with faulty designs, I am just mentioning the way it looks. Talking about the designers who are naturally mostly engineers I particularly find RMK Marine's designs rather classical than modern. And classical looks implies older designs to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom