What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

We should go for both, I don't think we can get a indigeneous system ready before 2020s, its not even clear if we have the ability. But we pretty much have no air defence and its a very critical matter, we immediately need something, so we have to buy.
Maybe they aren't even serious about building an idigenous system. They may just want to get Raytheon and the European company to offer better deals. After all whats worse than letting turkey develop its own system.

Last edited:
This words are from Science, Industry & Technology Minister's words... Told in 25 March 2014...

Nasıl bir füze biliyor musunuz? Antalya'da gemiden geçen gün fırlatıldı. Konya'da bir otobüsün üst camından otobüsü vurarak infilak ettirdi. Bu kadar uzak bir nokta atışı 300 kilometre menzil, şimdi 800 kilometreye çıkarmanın çalışmalarını yürütüyoruz.

Did they launch SOM from our naval ship ?...

If it's so then... :dance3:

Nobe. I think mr.minister misunderstood something.

There were two som missiles launched in that A/E. One of them was in Antalya bay . The other one was "the bus window raper one".

Anyway, we are going to see naval som in a few years.​

Last edited:
Nobe. I think mr.minister misunderstood something.

There were two som missiles launched in that A/E. One of them was in Antalya bay . The other one was "the bus window raper one".

Anyway, we are going to see naval som in a few years.​
No we will not , SOM will stay as an air launched cruise missile if anything gonna launched from ship based VLSs it will be Gezgin.

Last edited:
Project: TENDÜREK
Scope: Thermobaric warhead development TÜBİTAK SAGE SSDF 2010/564
Signiture: 15.12.2010

napalm_13799.jpg

The perfect weapon for terrorists in caves, im wondering why we didnt get them earlier...

We didn't have domestic thermobaric bomb but do you know if we had imported thermobaric bombs ?..

If we didn't have it's good and if we had used it against terrorists it's a lil bit bad coz it means that bomb didn't work good enough against pkk...

I think we didn't have coz import of these kind of bombs should be very hard, not allowed...

Last edited:
I found this...
Thermobaric bombs are not that effective in small scales. You need to use them in big scales for them to show their effect.

They also call them vacuum bombs, they use up all the oxygen in the environment even if the enemy survives the blast they get suffocated or their lungs collapse. And the chemical solution is very simple but I think there are some limitations to their use by international law. It's like the same case with napalm.

Father of All Bombs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These are the largest thermobaric bombs known. And as I've said, they really need to be large to be effective.

Last edited:
Oman and Turkey closely cooperate in international and regional problems. Last year, there were reports that Turkey was seeking to bolster defense ties with Oman as a part of efforts to boost defense industry cooperation with Muslim countries, following Davutoğlu's high-level visit to the country. According to reports, Oman was particularly interested in the products of Turkey's missile manufacturer Roketsan, the private armored vehicle manufacturer FNSS Defence Systems and the military factory group Mechanical and Chemical Industry Corporation (MKEK).

Today's Zaman, your gateway to Turkish daily news

Back
Top Bottom