What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

It is for unguided 70mm rockets, not for Cirit. Cirit can only be launched with its canister. Canister+Cirit diameter is bigger than 70mm so It doesn't suit into standart 70mm pods.

Yep, if you buy Cirit you gotta buy the (standard or smart) launchers that go with it.

I believe this is the Standard launcher (?)
6406Cirit_pod.jpg

And Smart Launcher (?)
DSCN6934.JPG

Yep, if you buy Cirit you gotta buy the (standard or smart) launchers that go with it.

I believe this is the Standard launcher (?)
6406Cirit_pod.jpg

And Smart Launcher (?)
DSCN6934.JPG

CM i will say something... Can you tell me if i'm correct?

Standart launchers should be paired with helicopter otherwise it can't be used by that helicopter... (I don't know techically but maybe with mision Computer, avionics etc.)

And smart launcher can be mounted on every kind of helicopter etc... So does it mean we have infrastructure to sell these smart launchers and cirits to every country ?..

Are these correct statements ?

Maybe i should also add @cabatli_53 for this question...

Standard Launcher is one way communication between missile and helicopter, it will monitor how many missiles are in the launcher.

Smart Launcher is two way communication between missile and helicopter, mission computer is automatically updated when a new cannister is inserted into the launcher. The missile is constantly monitored by the mission computer as to it's health. Helicopter mission computer can also input basic waypoints into the missile, this allows the helicopter to fire missile behind a hill, following the basic waypoints missile will fly over the hill and find the laser designation.

Whatever helicopter you have, you will need a mission computer. If you want Cirit you will need to buy roketsan launcher as well.

This is my understanding of how it works, @cabatli_53 chime in. ;-)

Last edited:
Standard Launcher is one way communication between missile and helicopter, it will monitor how many missiles are in the launcher.

Smart Launcher is two way communication between missile and helicopter, mission computer is automatically updated when a new cannister is inserted into the launcher. The missile is constantly monitored by the mission computer as to it's health. Helicopter mission computer can also input basic waypoints into the missile, this allows the helicopter to fire missile behind a hill, following the basic waypoints missile will fly over the hill and find the laser designation.

Whatever helicopter you have, you will need a mission computer. If you want Cirit you will need to buy roketsan launcher as well.
@LegionnairE :bounce:

I thought like this...

T-129 has, needed infrastructure within it's body so it doesn't need a smart launcher....

Smart launcher is for helicopters which doesn't have needed infrastructure within it's body... That's why smart launcher includes needed infrastructure and that's why it is bigger...

Well let's wait what will other say...

Helicopter mission computer can also input basic waypoints into the missile, this allows the helicopter to fire missile behind a hill, following the basic waypoints missile will fly over the hill and find the laser designation.
Cirit simply can not do that, no matter how sophisticated the pod it's been fired from is :)
It's much more primitive. And I don't think it's feasible to put such sophisticated technology into such small scale munitions at least not in the next 50 years or so. Americans are preparing to use this fire-and-update technology on JAGM, it'll replace AGM114 Hellfire missiles.

I mean c'mon, at best you'll blow up a jeep or a tactical with the Cirit, wasting a dual-mode guidance system for it would be an overkill. Better keep it light, cheap and simple.

Lockheed Martin's DAGR has a lock-on before launch capability but that's about it.

I thought like this...

T-129 has, needed infrastructure within it's body so it doesn't need a smart launcher....

Smart launcher is for helicopters which doesn't have needed infrastructure within it's body... That's why smart launcher includes needed infrastructure and that's why it is bigger...

Well let's wait what will other say...

It could be like that, I haven't read anything that would suggest so..

Cirit simply can not do that, no matter how sophisticated the pod it's been fired from is :)

I suggest you read 3rd paragraph.
Pakistani-Cobra-2.jpg

Last edited:
suggest you read 3rd paragraph.
It doesn't say otherwise. It's talking about a lock-on before launch capability but it still needs to be guided all the way through...

If you fire from other side of a hill, there must be someone on this side to do the targeting :)

We have laser target designators on FLIRs for a reason..

It doesn't say otherwise. It's talking about a lock-on before launch capability but it still needs to be guided all the way through...

If you fire from other side of a hill, there must be someone on this side to do the targeting :)

We have laser target designators on FLIRs for a reason..

:blink: Whateva mate, if that's what you get from reading that article, I'm not going to bother wasting my time.

:blink: Whateva mate, if that's what you get from reading that article, I'm not going to bother wasting my time.
If you're taking a MEMS inertial measurement unit as a second guidance system, then we really have nothing to talk about.

Ultimately only thing that's needed from a rocket pod to provide lock-on before launch capability is a few more cables. Roketsan screwing with the pod designs have nothing to do with it.

Making the pod bigger or heavier is always stupid.

That's what I know regarding launchers bro...

Are there any pictures/videos about this one? Any info? brochures?

Man Portable Fire and Forget Medium Range Anti-Tank Weapon Project

Objective:To neutralize enemy armed and mechanized forces.
Scope: Delivery of man portable fire and forget medium range anti-tank weapon
Project Model:Local Developement
Prime/Sub Contractor:Roketsan A.Ş.
Status: Operations related to Request For Proposal (RFP) has continued.

Man Portable Fire and Forget Medium Range Anti-Tank Weapon Project

Back
Top Bottom