What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Sorry. When I checked the issue that came to my mind, I saw an opposite statement.

Defense Turk: Do you have a work plan for Ramjet propulsion systems? Or are you working towards the future?

Gürcan Okumuş: We are working on the Ramjet. We have a Ramjet project, the contract of which has been signed and is ongoing. The project continues very successfully, but the most important thing to develop a ramjet is infrastructure. Developing ramjet means having the infrastructure where you can test ramjet propulsion systems. Our infrastructure work continues. It is over 90%. We can say that our country will have supersonic missiles with RAMJET within a time frame in the medium term.
https://www.defenceturk.net/tubitak-sage-enstitu-muduru-gurcan-okumus-ile-soylesi-ii-bolum

Last edited:

Akdoğan is a supersonic SSM or A2A ? Predictions ?

GökDoğan

BozDoğan
34219.jpg

AkDoğan
1787185.jpg

:-)

It is understood that this missile is a variant developed over ATMACA. As far as i know; TEMREN missile is UMTAS-UM's extended range version(NLOS), by probably removing its first version's antitank double tandem penetrating warhead.

Presumably, this is a MARTE-ER equivalent missile(as you said above). We can say that It is Atmaca's light version for MALE+ UCAVs and fixed&rotary wing aircraft. Also we can say that this engine will be used in many other projects, especially KGK-LR.

I sincerely congratulate the TEI employees, they doing a tremendous job. In recent years, TEI has achieved very valuable accumulation by having design, producing and test capability in critical engine sections. In many ways, the TS1400 project has been a silent revolution for our defense industry. TEI will make one of the biggest leaps in the next 10 years.
I think we are missing one of the most significant conclusions regarding TJ-300. According to TEI director (when informing minister Varank), they started work on the engine two and a half years ago, and that the engine fired in the video was the second TJ-300. The first engine was tested a couple of month ago (the engine in the group picture is the first engine). What I am trying to say here is, they were able to develop this engine in 2 years. That means that our industry, know-how and experience has matured enough that it is able to make complex products like this in a relatively short amount of time. The capabilities of new products will only scale up from here. Which makes me even more optimistic than I already was. It also makes me wonder what other secret projects there are. (TJ-300 caught me completely by suprise, thought it was a typo at first and thought they meant KTJ-3100).

It is our goal to reach 80%+ indiginous and local production, along with all strategic parts being indeginous or locally produced as well. When I see developments like this, it suggests that achieving localization of all strategic parts is closer than I initially thought. Makes me even more optimistic about TS-1400 engine (to which the TEI director told minsiter Varank they were going to deliver them to TAI in a few months (I guess for testing?), and that they were ahead of schedule regarding the production and delivery of Black Hawk engines to TAI).
I would've posted the video where I got my information written in this post from here, but they removed it from youtube (to be precise, the uploader made the video private because I had saved it in my 'liked' videos). It was a 25 to 30 minute video of Minister Varank at TEI testing the engine and talking to the TEI director.

Edit: this article here makes some reference to the video as well: https://www.turkgun.com/turkiyenin-orta-menzilli-ilk-yerli-fuze-motoru-test-edildi-haber-125425

Last edited:
Maybe this...

As fas as I know, Tübitak SAGE has given the VWR and BVR names in accordance to general appearance characteristics of bird species. Gökdoğan is the bigger falcon than Bozdoğan so VWR received Bozdoğan and BVR Gökdoğan. With same logic, If Akdoğan is an A2A missile, Akdoğan is one of the biggest bird in falcon family (The bigger than Gökdoğan) so I predict that Akdoğan will be something bigger and better than Gökdoğan in terms of range and size.

As fas as I know, Tübitak SAGE has given the VWR and BVR names in accordance to general appearance characteristics of bird species. Gökdoğan is the bigger falcon than Bozdoğan so VWR received Bozdoğan and BVR Gökdoğan. With same logic, If Akdoğan is an A2A missile, Akdoğan is one of the biggest bird in falcon family (The bigger than Gökdoğan) so I predict that Akdoğan will be something bigger and better than Gökdoğan in terms of range and size.

Or it is a tandem short ranged vwr missile with gökdoğan. Gök-akdoğan brothers.

Or it is a tandem short ranged vwr missile with gökdoğan. Gök-akdoğan brothers.

I didn’t get the logic of developing shorter range VWR while the Bozdoğan is performing better in all aspects. Maybe, They are considering drones for integration but Turkish drones have large capacity to carry both Boz and Gökdoğan missiles.

I didn’t get the logic of developing shorter range VWR while the Bozdoğan is performing better in all aspects. Maybe, They are considering drones for integration but Turkish drones have large capacity to carry both Boz and Gökdoğan missiles.
Maybe hisar manpads ?

But using A-A missiles with the datalink capability on drones would be wasting expensive higtech like AMRAAM-sidewinders.
Nonetheless Without a fighters' radar and fire control system you couldnt lock them.
Apart from boz-gökdoğan it could be more capable of PORSAV variant for drones and helis.

Last edited:
If it is an aa missile and since akdogan is a bird prey. It could've been a miniature aa missile meant as anti drones and helicopters..?

Back
Top Bottom