What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

inCollage_20190927_191950004.jpg
Easter eggs?

so BORA supersonic anti ship ballistic missile variant with Active Radar to hit warships at sea
i mentioned it several times before the the importance of it is it can be used against navy ships which is very hard to protect it from... thats why it was tested on noth side of Turkey, in the sea...

I have my doubts on efficiency of anti ship ballistic missile.
Not related to agility but predictable trajectory. Supersonic /hipersonic missiles doesnt need to be agile, even Americans has concerns related to Chinese anti-ship ballistic missiles which speeds up to 10 mach. And its the point where gliding hypersonic missiles are being developed for unpredictable trajectory.
and unlike its stated, bora or 122mm systems can be used against light targets and for supporting landing units.
seeker head will be (more likely) for laser pointing systems ,i dont assume an active radar seeker system for that.

The agility of the missile to hit a ship. The countermessure systems of the ship.
Those missiles are rapid so they can avoid defense systems.
South Korea has a series of short-range ballistic missiles based on the Nike Hercules SAM design.
800px-제65주년_국군의날_행사_The_celebration_ceremony_for_the_65th_Anniversary_of_ROK_Armed_Forces.jpg

In 1972, Seoul and Washington agreed to an arrangement that allowed South Korea to reverse-engineer Nike Hercules surface-to-air missiles in exchange for limiting the range to 180 km and the payload to 500 kg. South Korea ultimately built two systems based on this design, the NHK-1 and NHK-2.

By the way Turkey also has Nike SAM systems which is not totally useful today...

Last edited:
i think seeker head would be a RF type , route corrections of other sources would provide pinpoint accuracy to BORA which has already CEP 3-5 meter.

Not related to agility but predictable trajectory. Supersonic /hipersonic missiles doesnt need to be agile, even Americans has concerns related to Chinese anti-ship ballistic missiles which speeds up to 10 mach. And its the point where gliding hypersonic missiles are being developed for unpredictable trajectory.
and unlike its stated, bora or 122mm systems can be used against light targets and for supporting landing units.
seeker head will be (more likely) for laser pointing systems ,i dont assume an active radar seeker system for that.

Which speed we can expected from turkish missile?

Back
Top Bottom