What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Totally agree; it will be nice. I remember videos of our tanks hitting terrorists one by one with those expensive ap rounds. This will increase effectiveness like crazy.

Never did get a good explanation of why AP rounds were being used. Surely there were heaps of HE in stock?!

Never did get a good explanation of why AP rounds were being used. Surely there were heaps of HE in stock?!
Maybe they were depleting some stock with high shell time.

Maybe it was intentional for barricades but we have seen some used at open areas too.

That may contradict with my last post but I did not think those before seeing your post. :)

There was even a video where they shot a YPG guy with a sabot.. crazy
It took a few seconds to believe my eyes when I saw the video. Actually accuracy blew my mind. I am pretty sure that it blew terrorist's mind too. :D

Maybe they were depleting some stock with high shell time.

Maybe it was intentional for barricades but we have seen some used at open areas too.

That may contradict with my last post but I did not think those before seeing your post. :)

It took a few seconds to believe my eyes when I saw the video. Actually accuracy blew my mind. I am pretty sure that it blew terrorist's mind too. :D

Do happen to have a link to the video? I tried to find it recently but I had no luck.

Deliveries of Hassas Güdüm Kiti - Precision Guided Munition Kit for Mark 84 bomb.
Dv0Li_fWwAEH1HT.jpg

I still can't believe that TR has no missiles with range of 1000km or longer! Is it possible that those info are just hidden for int. missile restriction reasons?

I still can't believe that TR has no missiles with range of 1000km or longer! Is it possible that those info are just hidden for int. missile restriction reasons?

Give it some time, first we should focus on our own SAM systems. After that they will make long range cruise and ballistic missiles. First of all they are making the current missile systems betterm, like the Atmaca will getting seekers with infrared. The range can be longer, faster and leighter. No need for longer range like 1000km for the moment.

There is no tangible reason to make 2000+ km missiles, unless you have plans to deliver chemical, biological or nuclear payload for the sake of mass destruction. They are too expensive to be merely used as a conventional missile artillery.

There is no tangible reason to make 2000+ km missiles, unless you have plans to deliver chemical, biological or nuclear payload for the sake of mass destruction. They are too expensive to be merely used as a conventional missile artillery.
Ooo there are plenty of reasons to have them and the most importan one is deterance, especially for country as TR which us unter various arts of attacks from many neighbours and "friends"! A missiles like Russian Kalibr or Kinzhal are priceless and would motivate some assholes from Egypt, UAE and yes even SA twice before they dare to threat TR again in their mindless service to their US/Israel/UK masters and support of many terror group toys across ME.

The point is that they're a deterrent. Especially with chemical, biological and nuclear payloads (as you mentioned). If you possess ICBMs packed with WMDs other countries will fear you even more. Granted TSK is a very powerful and feared conventional army.. However if we had ICBMs it would put us on another level. That being said I think expanding our airforce and navy are more important right now... and we also need to get those damn Altays into production as well before we start worrying about ICBMs.

Oh also, although I haven't looked into our space rocket projects properly I'm pretty sure that they can easily be modified into ICBMs. In fact I'm pretty sure some members were talking about such a possibility.

1000 km is even not from izmir to erzurum.. we need at least one from edirne to hakkari and that is not the total length of turkey..

but first we need >500 km range with 750kg payload the short goal should be >800 km range with same payload that would give us the ability to reach basra, ghom tehran, isfahan, alexandria, kairo, bari, sarajevo, compleate moldawia and till the coast of turkmenistan.. that does not mean I want to send missles to these places.. its just the coverage of that area..

Back
Top Bottom