What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

IMG_5897.JPG

The US Airforce Anti-Advanced SAM Missile Combo
MALD decoy with radar jamming capability (200 nm) + HARM anti radiation missile + JSOW network enabled weapon

Turkish Airforce Anti-Advanced SAM Missile Combo
SOM ETM + AKBABA or HARM anti radiation missile + SOM network enabled cruise missile

if so , its great

The US Airforce Anti-Advanced SAM Missile Combo
MALD decoy with radar jamming capability (200 nm) + HARM anti radiation missile + JSOW network enabled weapon

Turkish Airforce Anti-Advanced SAM Missile Combo
SOM ETM + AKBABA or HARM anti radiation missile + SOM network enabled cruise missile

if so , its great
if som etm is a emp bomb how effective will it be if you drop one on a airport? does it need a bigger emp warhead?. the roadmap we saw a while ago had bigger emp bombs if i remember correctly

p1636018_main.jpg

Roketsan has disclosed initial details of a new 125 mm manportable short-range anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) that is currently in an accelerated phase of development.

Designed to equip airborne infantry, amphibious assault units, and special operations forces, Karaok is a single-use, shoulder-launched weapon system with a stated range of 1,000 m-plus.

Weighing less than 25 kg (launcher and effector), Karaok is 110 cm long and features an aligned, cruciform fold-out wing and aft fin assembly. The missile is equipped with a tandem warhead (weight undisclosed) and a new indigenously developed hybrid dual-stage (launch, flight) rocket motor (weight also undisclosed), designed to enable fire from an enclosed space. Launch modes include lock-on before launch, lock-on after launch, and fire-and-forget; engagement modes include top and direct attack.

Mid-course navigation is enabled through an integrated inertial measurement unit (IMU), with terminal guidance delivered by an imaging infrared (IIR) seeker solution that exploits earlier Roketsan ATGM developments. "The development of the short-range Karaok follows on from, and leverages, the lessons learnt in the maturing of our Umtas long-range [8 km] and Omtas medium-range [4 km] IIR-guided ATGMs," an official told Jane's .

The official said that the Karaok concept "provides for a new lightweight ATGM solution to meet the requirements of dismounted rapid response units, primarily special forces". Jane's understands that Roketsan is currently under contract with the Turkish Ministry of Defence to deliver the new ATGM.

https://www.janes.com/article/84644...m_rss=1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Weighing less than 25 kg (launcher and effector), Karaok is 110 cm long and features an aligned, cruciform fold-out wing and aft fin assembly.

110 cm makes karaok only 2 cm longer than JAVELIN.

Launch modes include lock-on before launch, lock-on after launch, and fire-and-forget; engagement modes include top and direct attack

again unnecessary data link chit. also makes it expensive

110 cm makes karaok only 2 cm longer than JAVELIN.

I'm missing the point here, so?

again unnecessary data link chit. also makes it expensive

You're mixing Turkey up with rag tag terrorist assholes called the ypg. Turkey has the defense budget to accommodate these insignificant bumps in price because it's a proper military that can actually analyze and use the data here.

Of course if we were building these for cavern rats a modified RPG would do the trick.

when first photos of karaok revealed, it looked big missile(misperception of photo angle) actually it is almost same size with famous javelin.

i didnt imply YPG or other terrorists. i only said when you make it too complex it would be expensive . Ordinary soldier wouldnt use it.

when first photos of karaok revealed, it looked big missile(misperception of photo angle) actually it is almost same size with famous javelin.

Well it's an ATGM system that's been designed to replace the Javelin need for the TAF, so it makes sense.

i didnt imply YPG or other terrorists. i only said when you make it too complex it would be expensive . Ordinary soldier wouldnt use it.

Still not getting this part though, you do realise "ordinary soldiers" don't pay for the arms they use right? And the systems the TAF uses (be it simple or complex) require immense training before operation. It's not like they'll be handed out to a regular Mehmet on guard duty.

In second paragraph it literally says; Designed to equip airborne infantry, amphibious assault units, and special operations forces, Karaok is a single-use, shoulder-launched weapon system with a stated range of 1,000 m-plus.

So, no, its not aimed for use by 'ordinary infantry',

Back
Top Bottom