What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

What i meant to say is that the FD-2000 will be outdated by the time we get them ,there is nothing we can get out of this deal when Aselsan stated that it can deliver an indigenous system with 8 years.
With the $3/4 billion,Aselsan can deliver,at least a comparable system.
Im sure the Aselsan(together with Havelsan,Roketsan and others) option is the best one for us.

Friend, if the HQ-9 was crap, it wouldn't have been accepted in the tender, and never ever been the winner. Some people misunderstand these things, or get hung up on specs. HQ-9/S300 is the best of the best, except for the S400 or the THAAD system (which is unaffordable and has a different mission). Patriot is crap, it can hardly take down a few old Scuds. So HQ-9 is by no means obsolete, and won't be in 3-4 years. In any case, Aselsan's work would be made a LOT easier if they had HQ-9 tech.

Why not,do you really think our allies care for us,if they did would they not give us the best deal possible,so that we dont have to go to the ''enemy'' to buy ''protection''?
Did you see any attempts by our ''allies'' to ''help'' us out with our T-Lorimads?
The US could have given us a discount of 50% any time,why didnt the US?
We are a NATO country,F-35 partner(USA),A-400M partner(France,Europe),Havelsan produces canisters for the PAC-3 etc,TAI,Aselsan etc.
Why didnt the NATO partners offer us a fair deal?
Believe me there is nothing embarrasing for us,our allies should feel embarrased.
Btw,France and Germany are going for an indigenous Missile Defence System,why not ask Turkiye to join the program?

That's what I'm saying, they don't trust Turkey as one of them, as being entitled to the best of high tech. And they will do anything to slow down Turkey's technological prowess. F=king rats.

I don't understand what you mean? What does the s-400 have to do with this? Make no mistake, the s-400 is a lot more advanced than the s-300 (of which the hq-9 is a copy). The Russians want hard cash, and also to show that they have great ties with China. The Russians are also already working on the s-500, they want a few years head start. They know the Chinese have about 10.000 engineers that will go and dismantle the first S-400 battery, so there will be a hq-10 or whatever a couple of years after the sale. China is maybe under pressure from the US about this sale to Turkey. Turks aren't idiots, they can reverse engineer as well, no need for tech transfer. 'They' just don't want Turkey to be able to defend itself when the day comes. That's how I figure. I hope Turkey pours a ton of resources into this. Heck, buy the s-300 and reverse engineer it and then keep improving. Azerbaijan even has them. And Yunanistan.

Reverse engineering is not that easy, some times reverse engineering is more difficult then design a product:-). And the quallity is not like the orginally one.

Reverse engineering is not that easy, some times reverse engineering is more difficult then design a product:-). And the quallity is not like the orginally one.

Reverse engineering is like white phosphorus or cluster munitions. You speak and act against it. You may even have a signed the Convention on Cluster Munitions. But once you deem it necessary, you turn the place into hell with CBU-97 SFW :lol:. My point is, its not hard for Turkish engineers in defense & aviation sector. If we do it, most probably it will end up with a diplomatic crisis followed by embargoes. Because we have agreements to keep up with. But if we were in a situation like post-1974 and embargoed again, we can make a 4,5 gen fighter on our own with reverse engineering Block 50+s and all other high tech stuff. And nobody could do a sh.it about it.

I know of two Turkish companies which have a reverse engineering branch, Roketsan and STM.

Guys what about PARS project ?.. It's the first time i saw this project... Looks like it's an old project... Cancelled or what ? @cabatli_53 @Combat-Master

parsph1(1).jpg
pars (1).jpg
pars.jpg

From this link...

Turkish Surface to Surface Rocket and Missile Systems - II - www.acig.org

You mean you in partnership with SAAB are designing it and will produce it

Roketsan and Saab Dynamics AB signed at 17 June 2014 in Paris at EUROSATORY an Agreement for cooproduction and development of an gap filler Missile, which will be for the market gap between short and Long range AT missiles.
Roketsans Dr. Eyüp Kaptan and Saabs Vice CEO Gorgen Johansson signed.

French Eryx was a fiasco

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom