What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

I have been curious all this time who this .AM guy is. So I know now.

Tam bir Am. So the HQ-9/FD-2000 deal 'fell through'. Supposedly because China refused tech transfer. I call BS. The US pressured Turkey heavily, because they don't want Turkey to have these capabilities. Remember, the Chinese were willing to give us tech, but now suddenly they refuse. Smells like a face-saving way for Turkey to pull out, and the Chinese agreed to the story. How can you transfer tech yesterday and refuse it tomorrow?

Turkey-China missile deal stalls over technology transfer|WantChinaTimes.com

Tam bir Am. So the HQ-9/FD-2000 deal 'fell through'. Supposedly because China refused tech transfer. I call BS. The US pressured Turkey heavily, because they don't want Turkey to have these capabilities. Remember, the Chinese were willing to give us tech, but now suddenly they refuse. Smells like a face-saving way for Turkey to pull out, and the Chinese agreed to the story. How can you transfer tech yesterday and refuse it tomorrow?

There is some thruth in that but why would China want buy the S-400 from Russia,its technology isnt advanced enough?

S-400is not an update of S-300, its a hole new upgrade. China doent has that capability.

There is some thruth in that but why would China want buy the S-400 from Russia,its technology isnt advanced enough?

I don't understand what you mean? What does the s-400 have to do with this? Make no mistake, the s-400 is a lot more advanced than the s-300 (of which the hq-9 is a copy). The Russians want hard cash, and also to show that they have great ties with China. The Russians are also already working on the s-500, they want a few years head start. They know the Chinese have about 10.000 engineers that will go and dismantle the first S-400 battery, so there will be a hq-10 or whatever a couple of years after the sale. China is maybe under pressure from the US about this sale to Turkey. Turks aren't idiots, they can reverse engineer as well, no need for tech transfer. 'They' just don't want Turkey to be able to defend itself when the day comes. That's how I figure. I hope Turkey pours a ton of resources into this. Heck, buy the s-300 and reverse engineer it and then keep improving. Azerbaijan even has them. And Yunanistan.

I don't understand what you mean? What does the s-400 have to do with this? Make no mistake, the s-400 is a lot more advanced than the s-300 (of which the hq-9 is a copy). The Russians want hard cash, and also to show that they have great ties with China. The Russians are also already working on the s-500, they want a few years head start. They know the Chinese have about 10.000 engineers that will go and dismantle the first S-400 battery, so there will be a hq-10 or whatever a couple of years after the sale. China is maybe under pressure from the US about this sale to Turkey. Turks aren't idiots, they can reverse engineer as well, no need for tech transfer. 'They' just don't want Turkey to be able to defend itself when the day comes. That's how I figure. I hope Turkey pours a ton of resources into this. Heck, buy the s-300 and reverse engineer it and then keep improving. Azerbaijan even has them. And Yunanistan.
Turkey has s300, which they took it from Belarus.. Its confirmed information... ;)

Turkey has s300, which they took it from Belarus.. Its confirmed information... ;)

Officially or just some 'top secret rumours'?? Heck, I hope so. Let rocketsan then develop a s-1000. F-king russians and chinese, it's always best to develop it yourself.

What i meant to say is that the FD-2000 will be outdated by the time we get them ,there is nothing we can get out of this deal when Aselsan stated that it can deliver an indigenous system with 8 years.
With the $3/4 billion,Aselsan can deliver,at least a comparable system.
Im sure the Aselsan(together with Havelsan,Roketsan and others) option is the best one for us.

What i meant to say is that the FD-2000 will be outdated by the time we get them ,there is nothing we can get out of this deal when Aselsan stated that it can deliver an indigenous system with 8 years.
With the $3/4 billion,Aselsan can deliver,at least a comparable system.
Im sure the Aselsan(together with Havelsan,Roketsan and others) option is the best one for us.

I don't know. Why put it out for tender then? Why get embroiled in an embarassing episode with the Chinese/NATO problem? Not trying to downplay Turkish tech, but it doesn't seem logical.

USA pressured heavily on Turkey cause of different reasons. If It was Aster system, They wouldn't have risen their voices, but Chinese institute Turkey selected for negotiations is under a big pressure cause of penetrating arm embargoes of UN. The institutes who is going to work with this institute will also be sanctioned directly or implicity. USA plays all those cards against Turkey.

Second one is, The technological level or maturation of strategic assets like proven SAM's are not something like launching a high speed drone to engage it on air to introduce How capable mentioned missiles are. The real war environment comes with lots of different and difficult factors which is going to effect the operability of those tools properly against enemy threats. Think Such a proven and wellknown SAM system like PAC-2 have been failed many times at Gulf wars. The Israeli SAM's which is tested on real war environment, introduced a %85-90 success rates against coming threats. Have we ever know anything about How succesfull Chinese missiles killing rates against valuable threats ? No idea...

That's why Turkey just concantrated over technology transfer issues and It was just Chinese proposal which accepted the big rate of transfer items. Selection of Chinese SAM doesn't mean It is the best among competitors. What Turkey plans is to commence a seperate Long altitude domestic SAM project addition to Chinese tender and develop a more advanced one thanks to domestic technologies + expertize to be received from LORAMIDS tender. Aselsan guarantees that Domestic concertium can deliver more advanced missile system than What China offers to Turkey. It takes 7 years for induction. It seems that The tender preperations are proceeding to commence domestic long altitude missile systems at present.

Aselsan Roketsan collaboration sure about their capabilities so warning officials about importance of having such a serious capabilities to be developed by Turkish engineers to declare fully independace on SAM and network systems.
Hisar-O.jpg

I don't know. Why put it out for tender then? Why get embroiled in an embarassing episode with the Chinese/NATO problem? Not trying to downplay Turkish tech, but it doesn't seem logical.
Why not,do you really think our allies care for us,if they did would they not give us the best deal possible,so that we dont have to go to the ''enemy'' to buy ''protection''?
Did you see any attempts by our ''allies'' to ''help'' us out with our T-Lorimads?
The US could have given us a discount of 50% any time,why didnt the US?
We are a NATO country,F-35 partner(USA),A-400M partner(France,Europe),Havelsan produces canisters for the PAC-3 etc,TAI,Aselsan etc.
Why didnt the NATO partners offer us a fair deal?
Believe me there is nothing embarrasing for us,our allies should feel embarrased.
Btw,France and Germany are going for an indigenous Missile Defence System,why not ask Turkiye to join the program?

Last edited:
Why not,do you really think our allies care for us,if they did would they not give us the best deal possible,so that we dont have to go to the ''enemy'' to buy ''protection''?
Did you see any attempts by our ''allies'' to ''help'' us out with our T-Lorimads?
The US could have given us a discount of 50% any time,why didnt the US?
We are a NATO country,F-35 partner(USA),A-400M partner(France,Europe),Havelsan produces canisters for the PAC-3 etc,TAI,Aselsan etc.
Why didnt the NATO partners offer us a fair deal?
Believe me there is nothing embarrasing for us,our allies should feel embarrased.
Btw,France and Germany are going for an indigenous Missile Defence System,why not ask Turkiye to join the program?
They dont want Turkey to have it as soon as possibly. They know it well that if Turkey going to have it, they will go into SYria and untop Asad. Turkey afraid that if SYria attack with its missiles to Turkish cities, it will create chaos and also will panic turist who comes to ANtalya and so on..
Officially or just some 'top secret rumours'?? Heck, I hope so. Let rocketsan then develop a s-1000. F-king russians and chinese, it's always best to develop it yourself.
Türkiye test için S-300 füzeleri alıyor
Bro, here is the link i found, but i have heard it from official mouth also. Its is a true story..

Just a note : Turkey bought s300's radar and command unit. Not missile units.

That system has been used in A.Eagle Exercises for EW and run procedures trainings in Konya.

Back
Top Bottom