What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Mizrak-D Block 2: ~30km (Penguin equivalent on naval platforms)
Mizrak-D Block 1: 16km (Naval and Land platforms)
Mizrak-U: 8km (Mızrak-UIIR and Mızrak-UL) (Most probably Mizrak-MMW guided variant will also be developed) (Hellfire equivalent)
Mizrak-O: 4km (TOW equivalent)
Roketsan-SAAB Mizrak AT missile: 2-3km
Mizrak-TEKAT: 1km

I don't know the current statues of TekAT, since It was planned to be an equivalent of USA Javelin but After SAAB-Roketsan missile deal signed to develop a "long range" anti-tank missile, Planned range of TeKAT (Around 2-3km) is decreased to 1-1,5 km.

how i hate roketsan's mind boggling nomenclature mess :hitwall: when saying mızrak, i was referring strictly to 4km range antitank missile. now, in roketsan's site, it's referred to as omtas (but elsewhere i saw it being named mızrak-o, as in your post):

Orta Menzilli Anti-Tank Füzesi OMTAS « Roketsan

omtas.jpg

and this beauty from idef'15 is the system in question:
omtas2.jpg

in SSM's site, short range antitank system is referred to as mızrak-k (mızrak-tekat in your post, i saw it dubbed teker in some other sources):
Tek Er Tarafından Kullanılan Kısa Menzilli At-Unut Tipi Tanksavar Silahı (MIZRAK-K) Projesi
teker.jpg

to sum up, i think it would be safe to say that mızrak-k is equivalent of m72 LAW, roketsan-saab missile is equivalent of at4 (tho, in both cases we don't know if it's single shot disposable AT system) and omtas is equivalent of TOW.

P.S. it's a plus that omtas has IIR seeker. beam riding and saclos AT systems are at a risk of being the target of a counter attack. IIRC this was the case in israel, when hezbollah's AT missile positions were detected by israeli tanks' launch detection systems and suffered casualties. yanlış hatırlamıyorsam hizbullah, metis (konkurs da olabilir) (saclos) ve kornet (beam riding) kullanmıştı.

@cabatli_53 big boss what do you think of hot lauch for our missile ? do you prefer for cold launch for our missiles =)

Bro, As far as I know, Hot launch is suitable for missiles developed for multi-role concepts. What is developed for Land forces in accordance with hot launch, can easily be integrated to Naval assets If the size and other factors go well as well so Hot launch is more suitable for that purpose. No need to mention addition complexity of launch system which rises failure rate of such a strategic system during first phase.

Last edited:
Bro, As far as I know, Hot launch is suitable for missiles developed for multi-role concepts. What is developed for Land forces in accordance with hot launch, can easily be integrated to Naval assets If the size and other factors go well as well so Hot launch is more suitable for that purpose. No need to mention addition complexity of launch system which rises failure rate of such a strategic system during first phase.

I have read somewhere that cold lunch is better, because the launch system doesnt get gas of the rocket, which eventually bad and decrease the usage of the system..

Mizrak-D Block 2: ~30km (Penguin equivalent on naval platforms)
Mizrak-D Block 1: 16km (Naval and Land platforms)
Mizrak-U: 8km (Mızrak-UIIR and Mızrak-UL) (Most probably Mizrak-MMW guided variant will also be developed) (Hellfire equivalent)
Mizrak-O: 4km (TOW equivalent)
Mizrak-K: 1km
Roketsan-SAAB Mizrak AT missile: 2-3km

Just information from an old article !

Anti-tank missile alliance (ES14E4)

19 June 2014

On Tuesday, Turkey’s Roketsan and Saab of Sweden signed a memorandum of understanding covering future collaboration on anti-tank missile systems. Roketsan has already developed long-range weapons such as Mizrak-U, while Saab has a long pedigree in the short-range arena, notably with its shoulder-launched range. Under the agreement, the two companies are to develop a cost-effective shoulder-launched system that bridges the short/medium-range gap, with a weapon in the 500- 3,000m range class.

The new missile will be an extended-range development of Saab’s NLAW, which has an effective reach of 600m. Roketsan and Saab are developing the missile primarily for export, because there are as yet no official national requirements. Workshare has yet to be defined. If the companies decide to undertake a demonstration firing, it could be conducted as early as next year.

Anti-tank missile alliance (ES14E4) - IHS Jane's 360

Roketsan is working on Cirit-ER as well.

Back
Top Bottom