What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Acctually,

1 battery has 3 vechiles. So not 4 but 12 launchers are guarding the same area.

ad6_zpsf6977a4c.jpg

Unless this is a vehicle commanding 2 more vehicles with missile launchers but no radar etc, there is 1 set of fire controls per 4 missiles (1 veh.).

Maybe Cirit is fired from Pakistan's Armed UAV... ROKETSAN put this pic. as Armed UAV... This is Pakistan's UAV right ?..

View attachment 224829

that's selex falco, an italian uav produced for pakistan (pakistan ordered 25 units). it doesn't have the capability to carry armaments. only surveillance. pakistani armed uav is burraq

Burraq.jpg

but we've seen firms (and tsk) using erroneous images before. maybe they tested cirit with burraq, but used selex in brochure by mistake.

Ok, figures. But then , the launch unit. only has 4 missiles? How can that justify the radar and other FC systems?

if we look at soviet (later russian) autonomous sam systems, buk has 4, tunguska has 8, pantsir has 12 missiles. this sam system is first turkish stride in this field. give them some time and i'm sure they'll hone their skills in this area too ;)

Last edited:
I thought Cirit fired from your UAV and i thought that pic is your Burraq's pic...

We can't completely rule out your assumption as the Burraq in UCAV role is 'disclosed' to public just this year in the month of March I think, and first official confirmation about the presence of the sys as UAV was issued December last year, but the said system was there from some time so there is a possibility that we might have tested Cirit at some time during the development & testing of this system.

There is also another possibility; in past we tried to 'Armed' our Falco UAV as well but as the system is of Italian origin therefore have some restrictions ..... so might be possible we tested Cirit from Falco in our attempt to Armed it ....

But in my opinion Turkey must have tested Cirit with indigenously developed UAV as it seems more logical then testing it with other systems & country, that pic of Falco which you have highlighted in your post might be mistake by the editor or reporter of that Journal.

Quick question, is there also a project going on regarding a replacement for the M72 LAW? Maybe something like the Panzerfaust 3

thanks

Quick question, is there also a project going on regarding a replacement for the M72 LAW? Maybe something like the Panzerfaust 3

thanks

MKE just developed eşek arısı (AP warhead) for m72, so IMO there are no plans to replace it.

The eşek arısı is already very old, at least 10 years. There is curently new shortrange AT missiles in development such as the Mizrak-K and there where also talks about a joint development with Sweden on something like the NLAW but I don't know in what stadium that is and whether it is continuing

The eşek arısı is already very old, at least 10 years. There is curently new shortrange AT missiles in development such as the Mizrak-K and there where also talks about a joint development with Sweden on something like the NLAW but I don't know in what stadium that is and whether it is continuing

ther are more then 20000+ stock of essek arisi:-). Why should they replace it?

Well like all amunition also the esek arisi has a stock life, one day everything gets replaced that's the way it is.

yeah, my bad. somehow i remembered it being introduced in idex last year LOL after reading your post, i made some research. it seems eşek arısı was introduced sometime around 1999-2000. thanks for correcting me mate :tup: but IIRC mızrak is equivalent of tow/milan antitank systems. it weights around 40kg, operated by 3-man crew. and i also remember roketsan signing a deal with saab for development of at-4 like short range antitank missile.

oh yeah, i found that news bulletin:

ROKETSAN ve SAAB ANTİTANK FÜZE SİSTEMLERİ PROJESİ İÇİN BİRLİKTE ÇALIŞACAK « Roketsan

yeah, my bad. somehow i remembered it being introduced in idex last year LOL after reading your post, i made some research. it seems eşek arısı was introduced sometime around 1999-2000. thanks for correcting me mate :tup: but IIRC mızrak is equivalent of tow/milan antitank systems. it weights around 40kg, operated by 3-man crew. and i also remember roketsan signing a deal with saab for development of at-4 like short range antitank missile.

oh yeah, i found that news bulletin:

ROKETSAN ve SAAB ANTİTANK FÜZE SİSTEMLERİ PROJESİ İÇİN BİRLİKTE ÇALIŞACAK « Roketsan

Mizrak-D Block 2: ~30km (Penguin equivalent on naval platforms)
Mizrak-D Block 1: 16km (Naval and Land platforms)
Mizrak-U: 8km (Mızrak-UIIR and Mızrak-UL) (Most probably Mizrak-MMW guided variant will also be developed) (Hellfire equivalent)
Mizrak-O: 4km (TOW equivalent)
Roketsan-SAAB Mizrak AT missile: 2-3km
Mizrak-TEKAT: 1km

I don't know the current statues of TekAT, since It was planned to be an equivalent of USA Javelin but After SAAB-Roketsan missile deal signed to develop a "long range" anti-tank missile, Planned range of TeKAT (Around 2-3km) is decreased to 1-1,5 km.

Back
Top Bottom