What's new

Turkish man rapes and murders Japanese Tourists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this is an incident. Turkey is quite a safe travel country.

Err no.

Quite a few Brits have been killed in Turkey recently.

A British woman was shot dead just the other day. Another was killed a couple of months ago.

Err no.

Quite a few Brits have been killed in Turkey recently.

A British woman was shot dead just the other day. Another was killed a couple of months ago.
overall its considered a safe country... many brits die in spain too

Lol Brits die in every country and there is a good reason because they cause trouble everywhere they go :D

Hostility towards foreigners (tourists) in Turkey has increased dramatically in the past couple of years. A couple of months ago a young female American tourist traveling Europe came to Istanbul and went missing for a long time, the Turkish police recently found out she was raped first then murdered locals found her body in a garbage bin. So much for Turkish hospitality...:lol:

I suggest they go to Iran from now on. They have many places to visit

Great mountains and caves, they can burn wood with iranians.

Deserts where they can ride on camels.

Visit tehran where they need to wear gas masks because of pollution.

And many many more attractions.

Why did this rapist have supporters?

I'm against rape. but rape is a banned topic and should not be discussed in this forum. The only exception is rape in India and there is a dedicated thread for that.

Considering 35 million tourists visit, there is very very very few incidents.

I agree, Istanbul is the BEST PLACE in the world. I was so sorry when you guys lost the Olympics, would've taken a plane ticket back to Istanbul and participated in any protests you guys wanted to have just to show my solidarity to your fine country and people.

Why did this rapist have supporters?

I dnt know if it's true, but many Japanese people came from Japan maybe their friends and stuff and there was hundreds of local people supporting the Japanese people and trying to support them. What more can they do. I don't think it was targeted because their Japanese just unfortunate. I will try to find a video.

The criminals have been arrested already and they will pay the price, rapists do not survive in Turkish prisons i hope they get dealt with.

court in the central Turkish city of Nevsehir has charged Fatih Uyar, a Turkish citizen, for the
murder and rape of a young Japanese woman,and seriously
injuring another. The murder victim was Mai Kurihara, a 22-year-old Japanese national who was touring the country along with Hoshie
Teramatsu, also 22 years of age. The Turkish police had initially arrested two suspects on Tuesday
for the attack on the two tourists that happened on Monday.
Kurihara and Teramatsu were visiting the traditional tourist
attractions in Cappadocia, central Turkey. Uyar was charged by
the court for stabbing Kurihara to death and sexually assaulting
her dead body. The police had been alerted to the suspect as Teramatsu was able to identify him from photographs shown to her in the hospital while she was being treated. According to the
office of the governor of Nevsehir, the Zemi Valley – where the
two tourists were attacked – was a famous tourist attraction
given its lunar-like landscape made of cone-shaped volcanic rock
formations and its rock-carved underground caverns. In a separate incident, Japanese media and journalists were
reportedly attacked and roughed up outside the Nevsehir court.
The Japanese press was mobbed and attacked by a group of
Uyar’s supporters as they tried to photograph and film him being
taken to jail after his indictment by the Nevsehir court. Turkish
anti-riot police had to separate the two groups and push back the Turkish assailants.

Are you sure the rapist wasn't an Indian with a Turkish look? :P

Turanci Yagbu

Yes Iran is a very historical country we should have more tourists here but the west portrays us as devils which scares people to come to Eran.

Turanci Yagbu

Yes Iran is a very historical country we should have more tourists here but the west portrays us as devils which scares people to come to Eran.

While western propaganda is also a factor that drives people away from Iran, your government holds a bigger responsibility in this issue. Without any doubt your modesty law holds the tourism industry back more than anything else. I think your government should also promote the country's historical background and places of attraction at least in friendly states. I see no effort that's being put to it.

One thing you should also keep in your mind is, it's the same western media that provides documentaries of your country's history that's plays a bigger role in making a positive impression towards Iran. In my case, my perception towards Iran was changed after watching this documentary "Don't tell my mother that I am in Iran"- Mozhgan Hudiburgh, Don't Tell My Mother i'm in Iran and also the movie "Circumstance" which ironically is supposed to downgrade Iran's image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom