What's new

Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions

I've been trying to explain since the beginning of the god damn tender that there won't be any fixed-wing aircraft on this ship!

Am I the only god damn person who cares about the fact that there are no CIWS or torpedo countermeasures on Juan Carlos? in this state someone fires a harpoon or exocet to it, it's a FLOATING COFFIN. Nobody cares that there aren't any RAMs or ESSMs everyone's obsessing on the fvcking ski jump!

are you mad guys?

I've been trying to explain since the beginning of the god damn tender that there won't be any fixed-wing aircraft on this ship!

Am I the only god damn person who cares about the fact that there are no CIWS or torpedo countermeasures on Juan Carlos? in this state someone fires a harpoon or exocet to it, it's a FLOATING COFFIN. Nobody cares that there aren't any RAMs or ESSMs everyone's obsessing on the fvcking ski jump!

are you mad guys?

Some sources regard that TCG Levent will be around 10 meters longer than the base design for RAM integration.

Some sources regard that TCG Levent will be around 10 meters longer than the base design for RAM integration.
that's what I hoped in the first place, a RAM launcher where the ski-jump was, another in the aft next to the elevator.
USS_Essex_Thailand.jpg

American LHDs have Mk29 ESSM launchers aswell as Phalanx CIWS' besides RAMs.
Torpedoes are also a big threat, more than a billion dollars worth of equipment and the lives of two thousand troops will be on that ship, it's a grand prize for greek/russian/israeli submarines. Torpedo countermeasures are also have to be implemented.
Aselsan | aselsan ZOKA Acoustic Torpedo Countermeasure Decoy

I came across with some BS in S&H magazine...

In one part which is about modernization of our army... It says LHD will have 67 bed hospital....

Then...

When i read the part about SEDEF Shipyard and our LHD... It says it will have 30 bed hospital...

Again in these 2 different parts...

It will be 232 m long and 32 m width...

Other part says...

It will be 230 m long, 30 m width...

One part says it will have 1.257 total, other part says 1.400 total...

Again it says ship will be able to carry 47 MBT with 93 light vehicles...

In the other part it says it will be able to carry about 90 vehicles including MBTs...

I wouldn't expect that from S&H... These 2 parts are both in the same magazine of S&H... No: 160

@xxxKULxxx
There are plenty of LHD designs of navantia, it turns out Turkish LHD won't even be based on Juan Carlos :)

are you sure the article you've read isn't about two different variations?

@LegionnairE

Both of articles talk about our Juan Carlos based LHD... Specs are close to each other and close to Juan Carlos I... For sure it will be so closed to Juan Carlos I... Just small specs will change...

The Turkish LPD main characteristics are as follows:
MAIN DIMENSIONS

Length overall:
224.50 m
Maximum Breadth: 32.00 m
Draft at full load end of life 7.08 m
Design draught: 6.80 m
Maximum displacement: 27430 t
Main Characteristics And Capacities
Full Electric Propulsion 1 GT +2 DDGG with 2 x POD @ 11 MW
Maximum sustained speed 21 knots
Range 9000 n.m. at 15 knots (economical speed)
Endurance with troops 50 days offshore (20 d. transit)
Accommodation capacity 1223 personnel
Dock Capacity (1165 m2): 4 x LCM 1E + 4 x Supercat, or 2 x LCAC 2 x LCVP Mk5 + 1 x commander boat in the flight deck
Hangar Capacity (990 m2) 12 x NH-90 or 8 x CH-47 Chinook
Light Cargo Garage (1880 m2) Light vehicles, containers and helicopters
Heavy Cargo Garage (1410 m2): Heavy vehicles, Containers
Fight Deck (4750 m2) 6 spots for NH-90, or4 spots for CH-47 or CH-53
Aft spot capable for V-22 and runway for VSTOL

Defence Turkey

The Turkish LPD main characteristics are as follows:
MAIN DIMENSIONS

Length overall:
224.50 m
Maximum Breadth: 32.00 m
Draft at full load end of life 7.08 m
Design draught: 6.80 m
Maximum displacement: 27430 t
Main Characteristics And Capacities
Full Electric Propulsion 1 GT +2 DDGG with 2 x POD @ 11 MW
Maximum sustained speed 21 knots
Range 9000 n.m. at 15 knots (economical speed)
Endurance with troops 50 days offshore (20 d. transit)
Accommodation capacity 1223 personnel
Dock Capacity (1165 m2): 4 x LCM 1E + 4 x Supercat, or 2 x LCAC 2 x LCVP Mk5 + 1 x commander boat in the flight deck
Hangar Capacity (990 m2) 12 x NH-90 or 8 x CH-47 Chinook
Light Cargo Garage (1880 m2) Light vehicles, containers and helicopters
Heavy Cargo Garage (1410 m2): Heavy vehicles, Containers
Fight Deck (4750 m2) 6 spots for NH-90, or4 spots for CH-47 or CH-53
Aft spot capable for V-22 and runway for VSTOL

Defence Turkey

lol... Here another spec list... By now there is no choice other then wait & see...

Are there still *ahem* people among us who think there will be fighter aircraft stationed on this ship?

Turkish warship deal could be signed this year

World Bulletin / News Desk

A multi-million euro contract between the Turkish government and a joint Turkish/Spanish naval construction bid could be signed this year, a defense conference in Istanbul heard today.

An official from Spanish shipbuilder Navantia speaking to Anadolu Agency at the MAST EURASIA Maritime Systems and Technologies Conference in Istanbul, said that the deal to construct an advanced warship could be inked this year.

Turkish shipbuilder Sedef Gemi, in cooperation with Navantia, could finalize the proposed venture following a Turkish government announcement in December 2013 that Sedef had been selected for final contract negotiations.

The shipyard is offering a design based on the Juan Carlos LHD (Landing Helicopter Dock) in cooperation with Navantia.

Unconfirmed reports have indicated that the contract could be signed before summer 2014.

Spain already has a similar vessel and is building two similar ships for Australia in cooperation with BAE Systems Australia.

After the contract is signed, many Turkish companies, such as Aselsan and Havelsan, will produce and install several of the ship’s components including armament, electronics and communications systems.

The multi-purpose warship can transport helicopters, army vehicles, soldiers and other equipment. It can also be used for humanitarian relief missions. The Spanish ship visited Istanbul in 2011 to support the bid.

Turkey's defense industry has gained momentum in recent years, which has seen an expansion by local producers.

More local firms have been introducing new products to the market, contributing to Turkey's goal of relying on domestic sources over imported products.

According to data from the Defense Industry Exporters' Union, Turkey's exports in the defense and aviation industries combined reached US$1.39 billion in 2013.

Turkish warship deal could be signed this year | General | Worldbulletin News

Back
Top Bottom