What's new

Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions

From S&H Magazine...

SSM's requests for the whole project:

- It should be able to bring 1 battalion soldier(550-700 personel) with own logistics...
- 4 LCM
- 2 LCVP
- 2 RHIB (Rijit Tekneli Şişme Bot)
- 1 Commander Boat

This whole project has 10 years of projections and it's calculated to have $1,7 Bln cost... $1,3 Bln part of it is for AAV-7, LCAC & other platforms...

- 27 AAV
- 4 LCAC(2 of them is for LHD)

- Well dock of Juan Carlos isn't enough for 2 LCACs at the same time, so well dock of our LHD will be changed inorder to answer SSM's requirements...

Well dock should have a capacity of;

- To house 4 LCMs (Capable to carry 1 tank)

or;

- To house 2 LCACs (Capable to carry 1 tank)
Additionaly;
LHD should be able to carry within;

- 2 LCVPs
- 2 RHIBs
- 1 Commander Boat

PERSONEL CAPACITY:
- 190 Ship Personel
- 56 Flight Personel
- 200 HRF[M] Personel or MHDGG Personel
Note:
HRF[M] = Yüksek Hazırlık Seviyeli Deniz Birliği
MHDGG = Müşterek Harekat Deniz Görev Kuvveti

- 50 Medical Personel
- 700 Amphibic Personel ( Incase of HRF[M] 550 Amphibic Personel)

Total: 1196 so 1200 Personel

VEHICLE CARRYING CAPACITY:
A. Vehicle Dock:
- 13 Tanks
- 27 AAVs
- 6 APCs (ZPTs in TR.)
- 33 Various Vehicles
- 15 Trailers (?)

B. Helicopter Dock:
- 4 Helicopters (Atleast 15 ton)

C. IN SHED:
- 4 Helicopters (Atleast 15 ton) or 3 UAVs

A note from Juan Carlos I
When you use all decks It is capable of carrying;

- 20 AV-8B Harrier II

or

- 30 NH-90 Helicopters

or

- 16 CH-47 Chinook Helicopters

Let's continue...

- It will have a capacity to land/takeoff for 4 unit of 15 ton helicopters(GM/DSH/SUH or Attack Helicopters.) with 4 spots on flight deck.
- Atleast 4 SeaHawk or AH-1W/T-129 and 3 FireScout like UAVs/ Naval UAVs can be stationed aboard in the shed

RADARS and SOME OTHER SYSTEMS: (This part is Copy/Pasted from Cabatli's post in 2008, infos are same also in same order in S&H March 2014... Thx...)

-GENESIS ADVenT command-control center (New generation Havelsan command-control center which will be integrated for TF-2000's as well)
-Smart-S Mk2 3 BAR radar produced by Aselsan with critical nation contributions (with domestic T/R modules on radars)
-Aselsan Alper and Serdar radars
-Mine detection sonars
-AselFlir-300D, Laser Warning systems, ARES-2N ET/ED systems used on MILGEM
-Aselsan IRST
-Aselsan Kalkan Chaff/Flare decoys and control system
-Aselsan Hizir Torpedo defence system
-Aselsan IFF adn SATCOM
-Milsoft CAVLIS (Access device for Link-11, 16 and 22 )
-Aselsan 40mm TAKS
-2 Fast Forty Type-C single barrel gun system deployed with AselFlir-300D
-2 20mm Planax system
-3 Aselsan STAMP 12.7mm
-Command Control center will have more than 20 Domestic Milsoft-Ayesas consols having 19 inch screen

But when i look at S&H March 2014 i see that about Weapon Systems there can be(IMO most probably) a change... We can add Indigenous RAM defence missile system to the package...

Personally i think that after 2008 and maybe even before there could have been many changes in positive meaning... For example about radars etc. (indigenous systems increased by this time)

PERFORMANCE:

- Max. & Continuous Speed > Atleast 22 knots
- Max. Speed Fully Loaded > Atleast 20 knots
- Cruise Speed > Atleast 16 knots
- Endurance > With Cruise Speed atleast 7.000 nm.

- It's expected to have a hight of 55m from bottom of keel to the top of radar...

- It's expected to be finished in 6-7 years and if they start to build it in 2014 it's expected to enter service in 2021...

Inorder to symbolize Marine Corps it is expected to be named as;

TCG Levent

The End...

:close_tema:

Actually ski-jump is for technologically poor countries. Only USA, use steam to accelerate its jets to get out of the Carier and Turkey said they have the same technology, thats why they dot want to use it. Also, Turkey is going to purchase f35 B which they dont need a ski-jump.
Russia also use ski jumps.. and its a usable system

Bullshit! in all 240 f16(which upgraded to block 50 version) use turkish systems to control the aircraft.

Bulshittt for you.

Lockheed didnt give the source code of the block50. So they did develope a software to ad the missile. Seems to working but ther wil always a problem when you dont have the source code. Or did lockheed give the source code of block50?

Right out of his ***.

As far as i know only two F-35s ordered one A variant and one C variant , their delivery expected at 2017.

@Oublious No only Block 30s are given Block40 and higher blocks still forbidden for us.

Why would Turkey order a catapult designed F35C? It wont be as nimble as a F35A.

Edit. Well it will have longer range so that is a plus.

Why would Turkey order a catapult designed F35C? It wont be as nimble as a F35A.

Edit. Well it will have longer range so that is a plus.
Exactly because of operational range thing so its not clear yet whatever we will order A or C.

Last edited:
I have strong belief about we will put some jets on this LHD sooner or later...

If we have a ship, platform like that it would be so stupid not to do that i think...

If I know anything about TN there will never be fixed-wing aircraft stationed on that ship.

For reasons I stated long before.

Are kidding me???? UK SPAİN ITALY are one of very few navies with blue-water-capabilities. That was just one of the most stupid posts I've ever read, no Offence.
You will probably see it in the future. there are only American and French AC(also Brasil, thanks to Aircraft career sold by France) that use Catapult system. Chine is also work on new system. According some resources, Turkey wants to use it in Juan Carlos, thats why they refused to use Ski-jump.

Bulshittt for you.

Lockheed didnt give the source code of the block50. So they did develope a software to ad the missile. Seems to working but ther wil always a problem when you dont have the source code. Or did lockheed give the source code of block50?
for now, i cant give you a link(even though i found it) because im a new user. but in case they let me to post a link, i can show you.

Last edited:
You will probably see it in the future. there are only American and French AC(also Brasil, thanks to Aircraft career sold by France) that use Catapult system. Chine is also work on new system. According some resources, Turkey wants to use it in Juan Carlos, thats why they refused to use Ski-jump.

for now, i cant give you a link(even though i found it) because im a new user. but in case they let me to post a link, i can show you.

Amphibious assault ships are multipurpose in nature. Their primary mission is supporting amphibious operations. It's impossible for a 28,000t 220m ship to have a catapult system. Even if had, no need to have rotten apples in box. I believe you made up the story of possible integration of Chinese CATOBAR in TCG Levent.

Amphibious assault ships are multipurpose in nature. Their primary mission is supporting amphibious operations. It's impossible for a 28,000t 220m ship to have a catapult system. Even if had, no need to have rotten apples in box. I believe you made up the story of possible integration of Chinese CATOBAR in TCG Levent.
You are right, i know what you mean, but i dont make it up, i have read it somewhere, but may be it is false info ;)

Back
Top Bottom