What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

Saw it on TV but didn't know it was Kirpi (again). It involved in so many accidents in such a short period of time indicates there might be something wrong with the vehicle rather than the drivers.

It could also indicate inexperienced drivers with new vehicles, either way an civilian investigation is needed.

How many FNSS Pars, Otokar Arma,Ejder did TSK have?

Or just for export?

Can Turkey Help Pakistan to start up its own Automotive Industry???

Can Turkey Help Pakistan to start up its own Automotive Industry???
if you ask Ali Koç kindly.. :) he's running four Ford Otosan factories maybe he opens the next one in Karachi... who knows, Asian market is big, it might be a sound investment.

You got relatively cheap labor force but poor infrastructure.. I don't know

Last edited:
Amril said Malaysia is in discussions with FNSS to supply the six-wheel-drive PARS for the Malaysian United Nations contingent in Lebanon. He said Deftech might pass on a manufacturing option for the vehicle if the Army orders less than 100 because the cost of tooling would be prohibitive.

http://www.defensenews.com/article/2014 ... ed-Vehicle

fnss-ozgun-urun-pars-6x6.jpg

Amril said Malaysia is in discussions with FNSS to supply the six-wheel-drive PARS for the Malaysian United Nations contingent in Lebanon. He said Deftech might pass on a manufacturing option for the vehicle if the Army orders less than 100 because the cost of tooling would be prohibitive.

http://www.defensenews.com/article/2014 ... ed-Vehicle

fnss-ozgun-urun-pars-6x6.jpg

Seems BS to me because construction of AV-8s still going on in Deftech facilities final delivery is expected at 2015 so construction line is active.Why the hell they would order from FNSS while their own construction line is still active?

PARS 6x6 is a Tubitak supported wheeled vehicle project.

fnss.jpg

Seems BS to me because construction of AV-8s still going on in Deftech facilities final delivery is expected at 2015 so construction line is active.Why the hell they would order from FNSS while their own construction line is still active?

Answer is inside of article quoted from defencenews.

He said Deftech might pass on a manufacturing option for the vehicle if the Army orders less than 100 because the cost of tooling would be prohibitive.

Acc to some whispers, MKEK is busy to develop new 203mm towed howitzer at present...

I know It is hard to believe but MKE has a vast of expertize gained from Panter project and Turkish Army enjoys effectivity of 203mm howitzers against assymetric threats on mountainous areas...

203mm
484905_387939011284122_543344209_n.jpg

Last edited:
Acc to some whispers, MKEK is busy to develop new 203mm towed howitzer at present...

I know It is hard to believe but MKE has a vast of expertize gained from Panter project and Turkish Army enjoys effectivity of 203mm howitzers against assymetric threats on mountainous areas...

203mm
484905_387939011284122_543344209_n.jpg
Do you think it will be similar in design to the Panter or will it just be a regular towed howitzer in you opinon?

Also when is the 105mm howitzer supposed to be ready?

Do you think it will be similar in design to the Panter or will it just be a regular towed howitzer in you opinon?

Also when is the 105mm howitzer supposed to be ready?

Concept will most probably be similar with Panter, at least share some common parts, If they really think serious over 203mm.
105mm project was actually in prototype test phase but Since It is being developed by MKEK, Noone can foreseen a serial production date...

203mm is dead dude... 155mm almost became a world standard. I mean I like M110s and I want them to remain in the inventory but there's no way they can give us the same range, and ballistical properties.

Back
Top Bottom