What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

Turkish public, especially 70-80's generations are actually an admirer of German engineering studies. German products, automotives are very popular in Turkey and the name of Germany in terms of engineering activities are mentioned with a great respect among us. Turkish navy is equipped with German naval assets; Our domestic tanks, frigates will use German motors until domestic equivalents are revealed and so, Germany is a target point for us so Our products looks quite similar with German equivalents. Say it as inspiration or not, Turkey is Germany of Middile-East.

Boxer turret
kmw_boxer_ifv_02b%25282%2529.jpg

Turkish Claw
p1364739.jpg

German lance turret
2b.jpg

Turkish Mizrak
Otokar_Arma.jpg

German Iris-T

IRST-SLM%20system.jpg

Roketsan Hisar-A
1513583-main.jpg

:)

don't be angry
even it is aspired it is a very good step

Their is one thing more. Marketing! You can't use a foreign system if you have a equal one for sell. Why should any country buy a Turkish IFV if you use a Russian or US one. They (US or Russia) will say," look, even turkey use our system! Why do you want to buy a Turkish one? And if the system as good as they mention, why they don't purchase ones for their own army?"
Well, Turkey uses Russian APCs, and they are quite literally wheeled coffins
01_d.jpg

really bad purchases by South Korea

if Turkey can develop system similar to Archer , will definitely get a lot of customers

Contrary to rivals, Aselsan claims to have fire control technology to deliver 155mm munitions to a distance of 60km precisiously and It is offered to Australia but The program had been cancelled... so I don't think that Development of an Archer like system would be a problem. Integration of platform on a truck chassis just a matter of time and desicion for an industry like Turkiye has.

Contrary to rivals, Aselsan claims to have fire control technology to deliver 155mm munitions to a distance of 60km precisiously and It is offered to Australia but The program had been cancelled... so I don't think that Development of an Archer like system would be a problem. Integration of platform on a truck chassis just a matter of time and desicion for an industry like Turkiye has.
I think we need a system like that to replace the m44's and m52's.

Contrary to rivals, Aselsan claims to have fire control technology to deliver 155mm munitions to a distance of 60km precisiously

What kind of precision or we talkiing about ? As far i know standart artillery have %3 CEP according to range. In 60 km it would make 1.8 km of CEP. How did Aselsan overcamed this ??

İf you miss the target with %3 CEP in an artillary battalion, one of the commanders would kick you hardly. It is a calculation matter for an artillary man to burn the target after first cannonball. Second shot hits bullseye in %90+ precision.

Last edited:
I'm getting sick and tired of watching the news and seeing accidents after accidents occurring due to our Land Forces incompetence. Don't these Kirpi drivers get trained how to use their vehicles?! They aren't driving Tofas Sahins, they are driving 16+ton armoured vehicles. FFS

Sorry guys, but I'm getting real pissed about seeing soldiers dying because of road accidents. This should not be happening every couple months, and fingers need to be pointed at those responsible -> Turkish Land Forces or Manufacturer.

van.jpg

66391.jpg

k_siirtte-askeri-arac-kaza-yapti.jpg

Resim_1368413571.jpg

baskale-de-askeri-arac-kaza-yapti-11-yarali-51293.jpg

Still0329_00001.jpg

This is the latest and worst one, 100 meter drop, 3 soldiers lost their lives.
100-metre-yuvarlanmis-4341233.Jpeg

I'm getting sick and tired of watching the news and seeing accidents after accidents occurring due to our Land Forces incompetence. Don't these Kirpi drivers get trained how to use their vehicles?! They aren't driving Tofas Sahins, they are driving 16+ton armoured vehicles. FFS

Sorry guys, but I'm getting real pissed about seeing soldiers dying because of road accidents. This should not be happening every couple months, and fingers need to be pointed at those responsible -> Turkish Land Forces or Manufacturer.

van.jpg

66391.jpg

Resim_1368413571.jpg

Still0329_00001.jpg

Saw it on TV but didn't know it was Kirpi (again). It involved in so many accidents in such a short period of time indicates there might be something wrong with the vehicle rather than the drivers.

Saw it on TV but didn't know it was Kirpi (again). It involved in so many accidents in such a short period of time indicates there might be something wrong with the vehicle rather than the drivers.

I agree...

van.jpg

66391.jpg

Resim_1368413571.jpg

Still0329_00001.jpg

As I have said here:
Cay Bahcesi | Page 24
All MRAPs tend to tip over...
Afghanistan Diary: MRAPs Suck! | Danger Room | WIRED

People have to learn that these vehicles aren't suitable for high speed mauavers, there must be rules and regulations put in place by the Army. And the drivers must understand that these vehicles aren't Tofaş Şahins, they are dangerous and they need to be driven carefully. And they shouldn't be used in off-road conditions unless it's absolutely necessary.

Back
Top Bottom