What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

Maybe in that American forum, there is a Turkish member. ;)

I checked the site out. There is a dude named Atilla there, though he only posted a couple of threads as far as i know. Other then that the site seems pretty dead to me.

@Penguin still though... they could make M777 in 105mm L52 configuration and with that much titanium in the mix it'd still be lighter than 5 tons... it'd probably be even lighter than 4200kg and would be UH-60 transportable...

Paladin thing still doesn't make sense to me... there would be absolutely no downside to replacing the guns with 52 calibers.

I'd still like some M777s for Turkish Army... We have Mi17s that could transport it.
But having to use excalibur rounds all the time would figuratively bankrupt us :lol:
Well, Denel Leo 105mmL52 is ... 3800kg. The US Army and USMC have exhibited interest in the towed version as a possible replacement for their towed 105 mm howitzer stocks. And, US is looking into a Stryker mounted SP version.

Denel Land Systems have also carried out some studies on a ultra lightweight version of LEO 105 mm using advanced materials which would have a new carriage and weigh about 2,000 kg.....

US operates 929 M109A6Paladin. It has (for years) used earlier versions, there is a complete logistics chain for it. The A7 version essentially makes the chassis compatible with the M2/M3 Bradley family of vehicles in as far as engine, transmission, and tracks is concerned. Any M109 replacement would have to provide that level of integration: commonality with other systems and maximized costs-savings in production, parts inventory, and maintenance personnel.

The M109A7's on-board power systems harness technologies originally developed for the Non-Line-of-Sight Cannon; the electric drive is faster than the previous hydraulic system, and the automatic rammer more consistently rams the round into the gun for consistent velocities and better accuracy. It features a 600-volt on-board power system to accommodate additional armor and future networking technologies as they become ready. The M109A7 can sustain a one round per-minute rate of fire and a maximum rate of fire of four rounds per-minute. Weighing 78,000 lb (35,000 kg), the M109A7 is 10,000 lb (4,500 kg) heavier than its predecessor, and it has the capacity grow to 110,000 lb (50,000 kg). THIS LEAVES THE OPTION OF INSTALLING A NEW LONGER BARREL Even with the weight increase, the M109A7 can travel faster than previous versions at 38 mph (61 km/h) and is more maneuverable than a Bradley Fighting Vehicle . The U.S. Army plans on procuring a fleet of 580 sets of M109A7 howitzers and M992A3 ammunition support vehicles.

ejder_yal_n_8.jpg

ejder_yal_n_7.jpg

ejder_yal_n_6.jpg

Cobra - Saving Heroes Life - No one of the Crew KIA - All Survived :D

12239569_511757855653060_4825910841604054060_n.jpg

Thought you disliked Cobra :-) .. Seriously though, those cobras need some upgrading. Seating arrangement is no better than M113A1, a metal plank with a cushion and simple harness. I'm not sure if there is any space for blast mitigation seats, but work should be carried out.. imo :)

I see, they learned and build simple but effective caves against RPG on the engineering machine;

but why not before our Police died ??

Thought you disliked Cobra :-) .. Seriously though, those cobras need some upgrading. Seating arrangement is no better than M113A1, a metal plank with a cushion and simple harness. I'm not sure if there is any space for blast mitigation seats, but work should be carried out.. imo :)

V-Shape

Back
Top Bottom