What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

360452464.png

906422711.png

GLOBAL Armoured Vehicles Market Report 2015 PDF | Your Title

When we translate "GM" to Turkish, actually they are very simple. But for another peoples, it hearts " hightech secret word". :)

GM=Gusinechnaya Mashina= Paletli Araba(Arac)
BMP= Boevaja Mashina Pihoti= Piyade Muharebe Araci
BTR= BroneTRanspor= Zirhli Tasiyici

@madmusti

I couldnt understand about your picture?? You told that They will be in 25mm and 40mm calibers. How and which platform?
Will M108 chasis modernize and transfer to autocannon??
Turkish Land Forces have never used 40mm on the IFV. Am I wrong? Or Turkey will produce new IFV with 40mm autocannon like Korean K21???

@LegionnairE

M110A2 ???Oh my god!!! 200mm howitzer comparing against 105mm tactical SPG :)
How can you transfer this vehicle for a short time? One more question. 155mm and 200mm shells destroy the buildings in which live civil people.
Sometimes you need softgun which has long range and fast and maneurable.
My opinion, In todays new type of war most usefule platforms are Gvozdika and Nona.
Of course Japanese Type 74 SPG and other NATO variants are also great.

I want to remind to you some terms;
1) Fire pressure: In fight or war allways you dont know exactly that where are your enemies.

You are pressing by artillery fire ways, bridges, trails, streets, fiel that enemy probably will use. You will have a lot of miss fire.
Sometimes your aims only are scare and discourage to enemie. For this you should do fire pressure so you need alot of ammo. with 10 round of 155mm artileery you can press verry large land. But if you must fight for a long time for example 3 or 5 years everyday in different cities and lands??? How can you produce, buy and transfer 155mm ammo and SPG?
We need 155mm and also 105mm!

2) Recoill; Recoil broke mechanism so you have to produce strong, big, heavy machines which dont brake. recoil also doesnt give accuracy. recoil doesnt comforrtable for soldiers who do you need for a long time.

M108 16ton vehicle has only 12 inch recoil.

Attention to 1.13

In war every day you see incidents like this video.

Thays why we need mechanized SPG

150mm Artillery Recoil Slams Soldier | Military.com

Last edited:
@UkroTurk that was exciting to read bro :D

But my argument isn't that we shouldn't mechanize 105mm guns... my argument is that an IFV chassis wouldn't be as cost-effective or otherwise as efficient as a dedicated SPG chassis

For example, having a low profile have no meaning for an SPG that's not supposed to face the enemy. I don't know if you noticed but Tulpar is a very low-profile vehicle that is designed for frontline service.

Take M52T for example, it's so large you can be sure that it's capable of carrying a sh*tload of ammunition.

and check out M110A2... I've had video of a Turkish army M110A2 firing drill somewhere. If I can find it I'll post it. You do NOT want your garage to be hit by that :D the power is incredible for a land vehicle.
is that what you are looking for?

@LegionnairE

M110A2 ???Oh my god!!! 200mm howitzer comparing against 105mm tactical SPG :)
How can you transfer this vehicle for a short time? One more question. 155mm and 200mm shells destroy the buildings in which live civil people.
Sometimes you need softgun which has long range and fast and maneurable.
My opinion, In todays new type of war most usefule platforms are Gvozdika and Nona.
Of course Japanese Type 74 SPG and other NATO variants are also great.
well, there are also tactical nuclear warheads available for M110A2 :D you could obliterate a military base in one shot :D I mean you can't say that these things are useless :D

I think it's also A400M transportable, it's not as heavy as it looks

but we're phasing them out.. .because we don't have enough manpower
Turkish army is shrinking... conscription periods are getting shorter and shorter

we could buy 800 Evo 105s but who would operate them?
is that what you are looking for?
nailed it bro :D

Last edited:
@LegionnairE
Kimseye söylemeyin aramızda kalsın. Sizce nedir? Bence 122mm top ateşi:) Havan olabilir mi?
Yandaki hedef fabrikadan bizim nasibimize dusende bu oldu.
Havan olamaz diyorum cunku otoparkci 5kg farkli bir metalden sarapnel topladi. yumusak ama cok keskin bir madde. Patlama siddetiyle metal garajdaki butun paslar yerlere dokuldu. Kacmak ve kurtulmanin tek caresi cukura girmek.

Youth dont want to fight so nobody listen call of duty. So you have to have more autonoumuss systems like Denel Leo SPG. Not man power you need, you need more horsepower that is all.

When I was a soldier, 10 people were writing 10 page of paper for a one day. No productivity in army. A lot of people dont work and bore. Like in a jail. Conditions very bad. Heating systems only 8 hours switches one day. Because they use coal, coal makes black smoke. Commanders always say " We cant do anything, maximum 8 hours we can burn heating systems." But They use electrical heating systems in their office. A lot of soldier gett ill. For why?
I suppose, if Turkish army will be Israel army which respets their soldier, a lot of people want to serve.

Last edited:
@LegionnairE
Kimseye söylemeyin aramızda kalsın. Sizce nedir? Bence 122mm top ateşi:) Havan olabilir mi?
Yandaki hedef fabrikadan bizim nasibimize dusende bu oldu.
Havan olamaz diyorum cunku otoparkci 5kg farkli bir metalden sarapnel topladi. yumusak ama cok keskin bir madde. Patlama siddetiyle metal garajdaki butun paslar yerlere dokuldu. Kacmak ve kurtulmanin tek caresi cukura girmek.
şarapnellerin yayıldığı alanın genişliğine bakılırsa 122mm obüs atışı olabilir ama yerde açılmış bir çukur felan görmeyi bekliyordum, bunun olmaması çarpmanın düşük bir kinetik enerjiyle gerçekleştiği izlenimini bıraktı bende. Buna dayanarak 120mm havan atışı olmasının daha yüksek bir ihtimal olduğunu düşünüyorum

Youth dont want to fight so nobody listen call of duty. So you have to have more autonoumuss systems like Denel Leo SPG. Not man power you need, you need more horsepower that is all.

When I was a soldier, 10 people were writing 10 page of paper for a one day. No productivity in army. A lot of people dont work and bore. Like in a jail. Conditions very bad. Heating systems only 8 hours switches one day. Because they use coal, coal makes black smoke. Commanders always say " We cant do anything, maximum 8 hours we can burn heating systems." But They use electrical heating systems in their office. A lot of soldier gett ill. For why?
I suppose, if Turkish army will be Israel army which respets their soldier, a lot of people want to serve.
Well, at least the food is nice :) Turkish army really cares about how well their soldiers are fed.

@madmusti

I couldnt understand about your picture?? You told that They will be in 25mm and 40mm calibers. How and which platform?
Will M108 chasis modernize and transfer to autocannon??
Turkish Land Forces have never used 40mm on the IFV. Am I wrong? Or Turkey will produce new IFV with 40mm autocannon like Korean K21???

Where i did told that ? ^^

Im talking about Malaysia, they will fitt their new AV-8 with 40mm & 25mm Turrets.

In Turkey Soldiers never can decide, maybe they want different Products but don´t get them all easily.

Always the Politics decide !

I think it will be 40 mm granade launcher?? Or 40mm autocannon like a bofors?

if that was a response to me
pençe turrets in the picture have 25mm bushmaster autocannons M242s

we don't have 40mm autocannons on anything AFAIK
but my memory has failed me before

edit: according to global security we do have 725 L60/L70 40mm guns
Turkey - Major Army Equipment
but don't ask me where :)

M42 dusters will be replaced by korkut

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom