What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

Shame on me :cool::disagree::cheesy::coffee:
photoshop out works.
Otokar Tulpar 105mm howitser SPG.
FNSS KAPLAN 105mm howitser SPG
Otokar ARMA 105mm howitser SPG

(Turrets from japanese TYPE 74, British fv433, M108, amx 13, Denel Leo)

arma spg.jpg
arma type74.jpg
KAPLAN DENEL SPG.jpg
KAPLAN SPG FV433.jpg
TULPAR M108 SPG.jpg
TULPAR SPG AMX.jpg
TULPAR SPG TYPE 74.jpg

Are these currently in production? If so, for who are they being produced?

Are you asking this seriously ? "Malaysia"

They had already used the first deliveries in their "Operations"!

Looks like they had no internal Politic problems :whistle:

Are you asking this seriously ? "Malaysia"

They had already used the first deliveries in their "Operations"!

Looks like they had no internal Politic problems :whistle:

I always assumed all AV-8's were already delivered and that they are locally assembled in Malaysia, thus my curiousity.

@UkroTurk why do you have such a hard-on for 105mm SPGs I'll never know :D

I was like you once... it's good to think around all options
that being said

an M52T or an M110 would eat those things you've posted above for breakfast
and we're phasing them out because T155 is just so much better
I mean no offense but Tulpar and Arma 8x8 ain't cheap :D
and Turkish Land Forces Command(K.K.K.) would put them to better use of mechanized infantry

But still, I applaud you for trying :D

Last edited:
@UkroTurk why do you have such a hard-on for 105mm SPGs I'll never know :D

I was like you once... it's good to think around all options
that being said

an M52T or an M110 would eat those things you've posted above for breakfast
and we're phasing them out because T155 is just so much better
I mean no offense but Tulpar and Arma 8x8 ain't cheap :D
and Turkish Land Forces Command(K.K.K.) would put them to better use of mechanized infantry

But still, I applaud you for trying :D

Dear
I know that In real life war and fight very hard!
Dont tell anybody this:)) my garage has received one shoot from 122 artillery!! I have found a 56 pieces little damage on the door and the back side nearly 30s. Garage made double sandwich iron plates!Near my neigbour loose half a garage. I cant tell you where and how bur i know very well about Gvozdika!

You are telling abaout 155mm howitzer, yes it is great we need. But only 155 doesnt enough for Armies. Wars and fight are not only mountains and field and desert. You dont fight against big,regular,army.
Even thought if terrorists in somewhere on the mountain, every time you cant spend your all ammunitions. Mountains hides terrorists. In Turkey we dont have only one mountain! All mountain near and side by side. You can not shot from diyarbakir to all mountains. You also need tactical artillery.
155mm howitzer round 40kg, T155 firtina payload limited!! When you are verry loaded how can you transfer this. It is also not economical. 155mm round cost 2 time expensive than 105mm. T155firtina weight 50 ton also has big fuel consumption.
But M108 105mm or FV433 or Japanese Type 84 or Arma compact vehicle they weight nearly 15 ton and have engine 250hp!
War and terrorism for destroyin the enemies. Not destroying only peoples also economy and resources.

Anyway 105mm very lethal and effective, you cant use allways same gun.

People's Liberation Army has 17000 artillery gun in different calibers!
USSR had a 200mm and 152mm howitzers but also they used in afghanistan 122mm Gvozdika.

Turkish Army very often use 105mm artillery against terroism.
i think most usefull artillery which we use against terrorism is 105mm. Because it is tactical.
But why we shouldnt mobilized them?

105 mm is invaluable in mountain areas.Its easy to transport and setup and unlike 155mm can be transported by pack mules without needing airlift or roads.Even us army used 105 mm howitzer in afghanisthan mountain areas.

8x8 Arma IFV more expensive than T155 FIRTINA?
Advantage of 105mm vehicles.
1)Wheeled vehicles cheaper than tracked. They are simple.
2)Arma weight 15 ton so it doent need more horsepower. Fuel consemption.
3)155mm pwerfull has a big recoill, they have big risks to dameged the mechanical and electronical parts.
4)More quantity of ammo. 90 shell can be loaded.
5) Speed, maneuvrable.

6)Soldier wants to feel in safe. Self propelled gun should be armoured. You shouldnt put the artillery on the pickup.

I am not ordinary for Turkey but I also dont like our MPT caliber:
For USA assault rifle has to be .223win. For USA and Russia which are active fighting in the world best caliber 5,56 or 5,45.
I dont prefer also .308win.

First picture, old M108 105mm. Second modernized??? How they will get 25mm and 40mm?? Very Intersting? 40mm bofors autocannon?? We didnt konow about Turkish modernization projects.??
Great pictures, thanks a lot. I want to be there with this guys and close the M108.

Does anyone has a clue why FNSS left the most vulnerable part of any vehicle, tracks so unprotected from the front and rear? What is the point that they rely on when potential costumers asking them about this issue?

@UkroTurk that was exciting to read bro :D

But my argument isn't that we shouldn't mechanize 105mm guns... my argument is that an IFV chassis wouldn't be as cost-effective or otherwise as efficient as a dedicated SPG chassis

For example, having a low profile have no meaning for an SPG that's not supposed to face the enemy. I don't know if you noticed but Tulpar is a very low-profile vehicle that is designed for frontline service.

Take M52T for example, it's so large you can be sure that it's capable of carrying a sh*tload of ammunition.

and check out M110A2... I've had video of a Turkish army M110A2 firing drill somewhere. If I can find it I'll post it. You do NOT want your garage to be hit by that :D the power is incredible for a land vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom