What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

Wouldn't it make good sense to equip the ZAHA with Akkor APS? The vehicle will be extremely exposed to enemy atgm and rocket fire while moving ashore. Once on land and the APS could be deactivated and soldiers dispatched.

Akkor and Pulat are not only developed for tanks. I think it will be added if necessary.

Last edited:
Marine Assault Vehicle (MAV) is being developed by FNSS to meet an amphibious armoured vehicle requirement of the Turkish Navy, as per an agreement signed in 2017.

During the beach landing phase of an amphibious operation, these vehicles are launched from landing helicopter docks (LHD) and are able to rapidly cover the distance between the vessel and shore, allowing marine units to land under armour protection and with minimum delay. Once on land, they can contribute to operate alongside with other armoured vehicles.

The MAV owes its fire power to its 12.7mm MG & 40mm AGL remote controlled turret. Designed to support dual operation based on their mission requirements, armoured amphibious assault vehicles need to ensure superior capabilities both at sea and on land. Unique hull design and powerful water jets make the MAV highly mobile in water with a speed of 7 knots, as well as on land, at 70 km/h maximum speed.

The base vehicle can be configured in different variants such as Personnel Carrier, Command-Post, Mine Clearance and Recovery. Few navies worldwide possess such a capability.

IMG_5837.JPG

https://defpost.com/turkeys-fnss-sh...assault-vehicle-concept-at-indo-defence-2018/

Marine Assault Vehicle (MAV) is being developed by FNSS to meet an amphibious armoured vehicle requirement of the Turkish Navy, as per an agreement signed in 2017.

During the beach landing phase of an amphibious operation, these vehicles are launched from landing helicopter docks (LHD) and are able to rapidly cover the distance between the vessel and shore, allowing marine units to land under armour protection and with minimum delay. Once on land, they can contribute to operate alongside with other armoured vehicles.

The MAV owes its fire power to its 12.7mm MG & 40mm AGL remote controlled turret. Designed to support dual operation based on their mission requirements, armoured amphibious assault vehicles need to ensure superior capabilities both at sea and on land. Unique hull design and powerful water jets make the MAV highly mobile in water with a speed of 7 knots, as well as on land, at 70 km/h maximum speed.

The base vehicle can be configured in different variants such as Personnel Carrier, Command-Post, Mine Clearance and Recovery. Few navies worldwide possess such a capability.

View attachment 518999

https://defpost.com/turkeys-fnss-sh...assault-vehicle-concept-at-indo-defence-2018/

When FNSS builds something it looks really aggressive and serious. I am pretty sure that they do their job pretty well, I have no question about it. But... DAMN! I want those in my garrage. I wish it was possible.

the tender is for how many amphibious vehicles? isnt it something like 27

isn't that a very low number to justify a indigenous development ?

the tender is for how many amphibious vehicles? isnt it something like 27

isn't that a very low number to justify a indigenous development ?

Yeah, 27 vehicles for TCG Anadolu. If TCG Rumeli is built the number will increase.

Caterpillar C13 diesel engine with a power of 711 hp
Allison / Caterpillar X300 automatic transmission

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom