What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

The simple question was already answered though, re-read my message.

Regarding the P.S.: you completely missed the point I was trying to make. I suggest you re-read it.

As i said, Being in ''guess'' phase is the reason why you cannot go into detail and answer the simple question.

I repeat the question so that the readers can google and learn the truth, thank you for taking a defensive stance to hide your emotion, thus provoking readers' curiosity.

Does the BMC get the tenders by the emotion or intelligence?

I agree mostly with Nefer. I want to add some technical info. First I have to say that I am not an expert on microchips but I follow some technical information on the internet as a hobby. There are 2 big parts of this product. Design and manifacturing. Those 2 are very complicated and big industries which works together to produce one thing. I have more technical knowlage on production (especially photolithography) thanks to my prior experiences but still I am not an expert on design and production.

I will try to explain why we are not producing it, why this is good news, why this is not so good news and why it is impossible for us to be competitive in CPU/GPU market in the next 2 generations.

This is a RISC-V architecture chip. We are not on the design team. It is designed by RISC foundation and many other companies(hundredws) including Aselsan contributed in small scale somehow. They design the chip, then they design some different versions depending on where it it going to be used and which wafer is going to be used then they give those designs and even masks to the companies who wants to use it.

It is like opensource software. You can use it, you change it but as far as I know you can not sell the changed product as a individual chip without permission. (duh!)

It is a good thing for defence industry and for computers which will be used by goverment because you know what is inside it. All american chips have "HARDWARE" backdoors which grants american intelligence. This is known now because this backdoor is used by russians, chinese, some european intelligence agencies and criminal organisations. This is the worst kind of backdoor because you can not patch it. Using your own chip or at least opensource chip has advantages for security.

It is not as good as we see in the news because it gives the false hope. We are not a country which produces its own design. We are not a manifacturing country either(like taiwan) or we are not a country producing production technologies(like netherlands). I always hate false information for propoganda. If everything is great why would we work hard to accomplish something?

Production is another problem. I know people who worked at aselsan and havelsan and now working at netherlands. They work at a firm which produces photolithography machines. Those are high tech machines used in chip production. We dont have this technology, we buy those machines and we have few photolithography systems with very limited production rate. (they are basicly machines used in semiconductor research) Do not get me wrong; Aselsan produces its own chips for critical products and this is a wonderful thing but building an entire new CPU is another thing.

Tech used in production and all the production infrastructure is extremly costly. Producing our own chips with our own instruction sets means that we need our own operating system, new software for everything and new entire chipsets for motherboard, gpu etc. So; starting from scratch is nonsense and risc-v makes more sense. You need to have the ability to sell millions of CPUs/GPUs to be able to compete and survive in processor industry.

This is what I was trying to tell. This news does not mean we made even one step in cpu manifacturing and those lies makes me MAD!

This is still good news for defence industry and govermental computers with low processing power needs. But this does not mean that we will be able to get into competetion with intel and/or arm and this definately does not mean that we are doing what they do. We can not compete with them in cpu/gpu market. This is not an option. Even chinese do not try to do that and they are just producing server chips for their own use in small scale and they will not compete with them in civillian market in the near future. (not in 10-15 years)

For example Intel has R&D budget of 13 billion dollars in 2017. This is added on the know how of decades of a giant technology and science firm. This is just one year of R&D cost. This is much more than our defence budget or education budget! Just think about what is happening there.

Moeny is not the only thing we are lacking of. We do not have good enough numbers of sicentists. We do not have enough physicists, mathematicians, material scientists from various expertise and we are losing every one them one by one.Most of my collegues are in Europe and USA today. They don't even come back thanks to the politicians and their fucking egos which makes it impossible to have a peaceful life and even work. You can not produce new things without having scientists. You have no chance to do this with egineers. Some countries including China tried that in various industries and all they could do was producing bad copies. Then they started working on science and know they are brightest star of the future.

At the old days; in the first 3 decades of Turkish Republic people were going other countries, working and learning there and they were coming back to teach and produce in their own country. Today people are running away and they do not want to come back. They are not escaping for money, they are escaping to breathe.

We are losing a lot of bright brains but are we creating new ones? Nope! Our education is so bad that we are producing millions of imbecile every year. There are students who does not how to READ in high school. Forget our univercities, they are already gone. They are just there to keep young people from looking for jobs for 4 years because there are no jobs for young people. Yes; we have some good scientists in our universities but it does not work with a few idealist people without resources.

So we are losing great minds and replacing them with idiots. This is why we have no chance to compete in high tech industries.

As i said, Being in ''guess'' phase is the reason why you cannot go into detail and answer the simple question.

I repeat the question so that the readers can google and learn the truth, thank you for taking a defensive stance to hide your emotion, thus provoking readers' curiosity.

I went into full detail in my previous post and even put the 'emotion' and 'intelligence' in parentheses for you. But despite that you seem to have hard time comprehending what you are reading. I suggest you re-read my message and try to actually understand it this time (samimiyetle birdaha oku, ve nedemek istedigimi anlamaya calis).

I went into full detail in my previous post and even put the 'emotion' and 'intelligence' in parentheses for you. But despite that you seem to have hard time comprehending what you are reading. I suggest you re-read my message and try to actually understand it this time (samimiyetle birdaha oku, ve nedemek istedigimi anlamaya calis).

When you are tired of running away, feel free to answer the simple question.Friendly advise, hurry up, your running dents your credibility.

When you are tired of running away, feel free to answer the simple question.Friendly advise, hurry up, your running dents your credibility.

Let's see if you are going to be able comprehend it this time and whether you are able to deduct the answer out of it:

We agree that our political level is elementary grade right? The media is an extension of these political parties and ideologies. If there was actual corruption involved with BMC, then why do they always link Ethem Sancak to Erdogan and why, ultimately they try to sully Erdogan and AKP's name by extension. In other words, if their mission was to combat/expose corruption, they would just say BMC and get it over with. But they write an entire story about Ethem Sancak etc. They go, "BMC is corrupt, Ethem Sancak CEO of BMC is linked to AKP/Erdogan, so... Erdogan/AKP must be corrupt." In this way they are trying to tap into our hate and anger emotion, by spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD)(emotions).

Think about it, in who's interest is it to slander AKP and Erdogan (in this case)? Their political rivals. Their political rivals don't actually believe these lies, but they are hoping that we will. That's how it works. It is our responsibility to not be manipulated into thinking the way they want us to think and it's our responsibility to fill each other's blind spots, by fact checking (intelligence). Because this tactic is used by all sides by the way, and it doesn't just happen in Turkey either. All over the world we see this.

Netanyahu accused our army of killing innocents in Turkey and Syria. It's not that Netanyahu believes these lies, but sure hopes that the rest of the world will believe it. We see this tactic all over the world unfortunately.

10 new R&D program worth 300 million TL commenced...

Ayna, New generation Aluminum alloy development

DuYem, Intensitive charge unit for mainly missiles

Düfas, Low frequency active sonar

Hançer, Multi-Phase Steel development

Kudret, High Voltage DC power

Nar, Infrared Detector Development

10 new R&D program worth 300 million TL commenced...

Ayna, New generation Aluminum alloy development

DuYem, Intensitive charge unit for mainly missiles

Düfas, Low frequency active sonar

Hançer, Multi-Phase Steel development

Kudret, High Voltage DC power

Nar, Infrared Detector Development
  • Stirling Soğutuculara Yönelik Kalıcı Mıknatıs Neodyum (Ndfeb) Geliştirilmesi (Mıknatıs),
  • Nükleer Radyasyon Tehdidine Karşı Yerli Algılayıcı Ve Tespit Sistemi Geliştirilmesi (Radat),
  • Yürüyen Dalga Tüp Mikrodalga Güç Yükselteci Geliştirilmesi (Seyyah)
  • Yenilikçi Yazılımlar Yarışıyor (Y3) projeleri başlatıldı.
Mashallah, bravo TR!

TWT HV DC power supply
Bunu 20 Bin TL ye yaparım. Hatta, devletimiz "para yok" derse bedavaya bile yaparım.

Böyle şeyleri arge deyip milyonlarca tl harcanmasi..

Develop one for space applications, k,thx.

What they introduce as "arge project" is not TWT tube itself but power supply needed by TWT.

Oh okay, Aselsan has already developed TWTA for various applications. So I guess one of the missing pieces is the power supply being indigenous.

Back
Top Bottom