What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

BMC has been manufacturing buses for decades. And it's buses have been in use by various municipalities even before 2013. So it didn't need any time to develop buses in order to compete in IETT's latest tender, as it could've competed in any of the previous tenders and they probably did compete.

But that's not what I wanted to say though.

In our country, the political level isn't at a high level, it's actually at a low level (rhetoric wise & policies for competing against other parties). The media in Turkey (and in most countries in the world (yes even Europe)) is just an extension of political agenda and follow a policy of whatever political party or ideology they follow. So they play into the 'confirmation bias' of their readers/viewers, and further compound on this bias over time. They even create these biases in people's minds in the first place, with the content (propaganda) they offer. And this reflects in how we interact with each other, whether it's on forums like this or in real life (polarizasyon).

What our media (and politicians) always do is, they spread fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) with whatever 'news' they report. FUD usually consists of speculation, conjecture and slander. So the news part would be, 'Some event happened at this location', which would be the only true thing about the article, all the rest would consist of FUD in which they would spin up a story implying foul play, corruption or whatever suits their agenda at the time. Or on the other hand, be full of praise if their agenda and policy calls for it. They also come up with buzz words to discredit the other side like: yandas, havuz medya, diktator, din dusmani, etc. in order to manipulate people into thinking a certain way.

When I search for IETT tender, the search results would consist of Sozcu and other media outlets that are similar to Sozcu, which is known to being heavily biased and for spreading FUD. I never take whatever Sozcu, Cumhuriyet, Aydinlik, among others, claim at face value. The same goes for the other side spectrum as well like Yeni Akit and others.

This has obviously negative effects on people. They start distrusting each other, or insulting each other. "People that vote party A are stupid", "People that vote party B are corrupt", "koyun", "hain", etc. That's because there is a smear campaign that says that the party they voted for are corrupt, so naturally whoever votes for them must be corrupt as well, or at least stupid for not seeing it, right? I used to be a fan of a certain party, and one time they had 20% of the votes. I literally thought that the other 80% were 'vatan haini'. This was all due to the policy they followed and the propaganda that came with it. Luckily I grew out of this, but that is the effect low level politics can have on people and we see the effect of this even in this forum sadly.

Bunlar sadece bizim politikacilarin nekadar seviyesiz oldugunu gosteriyor. Hani 'kul hakki' derler ya, kul hakkinin sadece paradan ibaret oldugunu sanarlar. Ama insanlari kandirmak, kizdirmak, manipule etmek, asagalamak vesayre de kul hakki'dir. Sadece kendi politik cikarlarini gozlemek, benim partim yensin diye camur atmakta kul hakki'dir, iftira'dir. Bizim politikacilar, medya, baskasini kul hakki yemekle sucladigi ayni cumlede bile kul hakkina giriyorlar, ama bunun farkinda bile olmuyorlar. Bu kadarda sorumsuz olunmaz.

To be honest, you guys seem to be a victim of this tactic as well. And I am not blaming you for anything, or insulting your intelligence. I am aware of this tactic, but still become a victim to this as well. Nobody is immune to this. All we can do adopt critical thinking and fact checking what we read and steer clear from media outlets that have heavy biases and prefer media outlets that at the very least actually try to be unbiased and objective.

Emotions always beat the intelligence, that is why you unconditionally defend who is closer to your emotions at any time or event. That gives birth to the bias, and the bias of an individual/group results in mistakes/consequeces for everybody/society or country. In essence, the emotions is actually the rough description of creation of social groups/nations/states/countreis; to be exact description, it needs the intelligence involved.

The primitiveness/emotions will always stay among primitive groups as long as the inelligence for common interests are neglected like the 3rd world and the Modern world, more specific Middle East/Africa etc versus Europe.

Ironically, while enjoying the benefits of non-primitive part of the world, you defend the primitiveness. That actually proves the explanation in the first paragraph of mine as a fact.

To cause no bias... Let's double-check it one more time with help of you.

Does the BMC get the tenders by the emotion or intelligence?

CAKIL project:

With this project, a national processor which the license and IP rights belongs to Turkey is designed and called CAKIL.This processor with its speed and low power consumption will replace the foreign microprocessors used in our weapons systems. CAKIL has been approved by our Defense Industry Presidency. We will now proceed to the second phase and start the work of the multicore version of the CAKIL that can be used in mobile devices.

varank.jpg

National TWT and TWTA is on the way (A traveling-wave tube TWT, traveling-wave tube amplifier is a specialized vacuum tube that is used in electronics to amplify radio frequency (RF) signals in the microwave range

CAKIL project:

With this project, a national processor which the license and IP rights belongs to Turkey is designed and called CAKIL.This processor with its speed and low power consumption will replace the foreign microprocessors used in our weapons systems. CAKIL has been approved by our Defense Industry Presidency. We will now proceed to the second phase and start the work of the multicore version of the CAKIL that can be used in mobile devices.

View attachment 529227

National TWT and TWTA is on the way (A traveling-wave tube TWT, traveling-wave tube amplifier is a specialized vacuum tube that is used in electronics to amplify radio frequency (RF) signals in the microwave range

Do we have any information about which architecture will it use?

After this we should design and produce a processor based on ARM architecture for mobile devices.

Do we have any information about which architecture will it use?

After this we should design and produce a processor based on ARM architecture for mobile devices.

I think it is an open architecture which is license free. ARM would be licensed, we have to pay royalties..

RISC-V

We did not design it, we did not produce it. Sorry guys.

I think it is an open architecture which is license free. ARM would be licensed, we have to pay royalties..

Apple uses its own chips.And android works best on arm.ıf we dont want to pay license money we have to make our own mobile os like pardus mobile maybe.But coding is easy making it popular is hard Look at windows phones,ıt died even is supported by microsoft. I guess for first steps arm is good. huawei produced its cgipset for mobile phones based on arm. Vestel can do same.We have to start somewhere only military tech cant grow our economy or trade surplus.

RISC-V

We did not design it, we did not produce it. Sorry guys.

Using foreign architecture doesn't mean we didn't produce it.Samsung Uses foreign architecture in its processors

Thanks Uzaysan. it is RISC-V , even india produced its own RISC-V processor called Shakti and runs linux on it .
Mete if you know something we dont know pls enlighten us

Last edited:
Apple uses its own chips.And android works best on arm.ıf we dont want to pay license money we have to make our own mobile os like pardus mobile maybe.But coding is easy making it popular is hard Look at windows phones,ıt died even is supported by microsoft. I guess for first steps arm is good. huawei produced its cgipset for mobile phones based on arm. Vestel can do same.We have to start somewhere only military tech cant grow our economy or trade surplus.

Using foreign architecture doesn't mean we didn't produce it.Samsung Uses foreign architecture in its processors

With open architecture we have access to security features, which makes it perfect for military applications. With ARM we wouldn't have any access. So ARM yes perfect for commercial uses, but not so for military..

Emotions always beat the intelligence, that is why you unconditionally defend who is closer to your emotions at any time or event. That gives birth to the bias, and the bias of an individual/group results in mistakes/consequeces for everybody/society or country. In essence, the emotions is actually the rough description of creation of social groups/nations/states/countreis; to be exact description, it needs the intelligence involved.

The primitiveness/emotions will always stay among primitive groups as long as the inelligence for common interests are neglected like the 3rd world and the Modern world, more specific Middle East/Africa etc versus Europe.

Ironically, while enjoying the benefits of non-primitive part of the world, you defend the primitiveness. That actually proves the explanation in the first paragraph of mine as a fact.

To cause no bias... Let's double-check it one more time with help of you.

I assume you also believe in "innocent, until proven guilty", right?

But let's think about this for a second. We agree that our political level is elementary grade right? The media is an extension of these political parties and ideologies. If there was actual corruption involved with BMC, then why do they always link Ethem Sancak to Erdogan and why, ultimately they try to sully Erdogan and AKP's name by extension. In other words, if their mission was to combat/expose corruption, they would just say BMC and get it over with. But they write an entire story about Ethem Sancak etc. They go, "BMC is corrupt, Ethem Sancak CEO of BMC is linked to AKP/Erdogan, so... Erdogan/AKP must be corrupt." In this way they are trying to tap into our hate and anger emotion, by spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD)(emotions).

Think about it, in who's interest is it to slander AKP and Erdogan (in this case)? Their political rivals. Their political rivals don't actually believe these lies, but they are hoping that we will. That's how it works. It is our responsibility to not be manipulated into thinking the way they want us to think and it's our responsibility to fill each other's blind spots, by fact checking (intelligence). Because this tactic is used by all sides by the way, and it doesn't just happen in Turkey either. All over the world we see this.

Netanyahu accused our army of killing innocents in Turkey and Syria. It's not that Netanyahu believes these lies, but sure hopes that the rest of the world will believe it. We see this tactic all over the world unfortunately.

I assume you also believe in "innocent, until proven guilty", right?

But let's think about this for a second. We agree that our political level is elementary grade right? The media is an extension of these political parties and ideologies. If there was actual corruption involved with BMC, then why do they always link Ethem Sancak to Erdogan and why, ultimately they try to sully Erdogan and AKP's name by extension. In other words, if their mission was to combat/expose corruption, they would just say BMC and get it over with. But they write an entire story about Ethem Sancak etc. They go, "BMC is corrupt, Ethem Sancak CEO of BMC is linked to AKP/Erdogan, so... Erdogan/AKP must be corrupt." In this way they are trying to tap into our hate and anger emotion, by spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD)(emotions).

Think about it, in who's interest is it to slander AKP and Erdogan (in this case)? Their political rivals. Their political rivals don't actually believe these lies, but they are hoping that we will. That's how it works. It is our responsibility to not be manipulated into thinking the way they want us to think and it's our responsibility to fill each other's blind spots, by fact checking (intelligence). Because this tactic is used by all sides by the way, and it doesn't just happen in Turkey either. All over the world we see this.

Netanyahu accused our army of killing innocents in Turkey and Syria. It's not that Netanyahu believes these lies, but sure hopes that the rest of the world will believe it. We see this tactic all over the world unfortunately.

The question is simple enough:

P.S.: The future of a country and nation is the utmost importance than the career and welfare of a person and his family/party, even cannot be compared; otherwise Iraq, Syria etc. clear enough for the demise. That is the difference between people like me and poeple like you.

With open architecture we have access to security features, which makes it perfect for military applications. With ARM we wouldn't have any access. So ARM yes perfect for commercial uses, but not so for military..

exactly my point. If we do something, that thing souldnt be limited for military.We also should develop something for civil industry.Civil industry is where real money come from.

The question is simple enough:

P.S.: The future of a country and nation is the utmost importance than the career and welfare of a person and his family/party, even cannot be compared; otherwise Iraq, Syria etc. clear enough for the demise. That is the difference between people like me and poeple like you.
The simple question was already answered though, re-read my message.

Regarding the P.S.: you completely missed the point I was trying to make. I suggest you re-read it.

exactly my point. If we do something, that thing souldnt be limited for military.We also should develop something for civil industry.Civil industry is where real money come from.

RISC-V can be used for civilian industry as well however in order to something like that we would need an Operating System( And Pardus is not that and never will be, reason linux community falls apart if torwald is not around and every update breaks something) . And developing an Operating system system is something you need to do with a crew, can't be done alone that era is over. You would actually need people who would figure out certain managing problems and algorithms, because you can't use the existing ones without violating terms so just knowing to code won't bring you far. But having an own operating system would also mean that we can't use any other programs which already exist for windows or mac, because you don't have the current libraries, handlers, links, etc available which are already handled by the current operating system and terms violation. However if Microsoft were to support the Risc-V compiler fully like the X86, then you might have an chance to enter the civilian market easily.

And with regards to Microsoft Phone, it did not die with the support of Microsoft, but because Microsoft's latest CEO made a very poor decision, it had reached a point where it could go only uphill and they pulled the plug.

Complexity wise this is just the top of the iceberg.

Don't want to jump the gun, but on basis on what information are you making these claims. with an open architecture in this case the open model which risc-v is providing, is so that you don't need to pay license and can structure the CPU's the way you want / need, with ARM you licence a design and then produce that design. all the features in the processors are available to you as a developer. RISC-V vs ARM is so far I see. (Flexible but risky) vs (A Proven set model)

Back
Top Bottom