What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

Developing A Turboshaft engine, integrating that in to a new Heli, Starting the Serial production, all in 4 years time (2017=>2021), That is not realistic even for GE, Lockheed Martin or etc. R&D takes time.

Official estimates are realistic, this is just wild fantasy / claim.
People working in this sector are usually heavily burdened with massive overtimes, due to very tight project schedules. I dont think it is sustainable. It is highly important to give emphasis on raising up new qualified personnel, which is a big problem; because it is not enough to employ new engineers, you have to bring them up to your level in order to benefit from the new workforce. "Bringing them up to the same level" requires the allocation of additional time, other than various stuff stacked high already on your plate.

believe me they started the development of the turbo engine long before 2017 as like the t625 helicopter

Guys, we shouldnt overlook some outside help, by silent partner or industrial espionage. Everyone was and is doing it. It kinda hard to believe that Turkey doesnt have the means or will for it. that game is played since Punic wars. :)

Mahmut Akşit presentation 31:30

Good lecture. Wish it didn't cut off toward the end, right when he started to talk about the engines they've developed, including one which is classified but has racked up 15000 flight hours (?!)

Good lecture. Wish it didn't cut off toward the end, right when he started to talk about the engines they've developed, including one which is classified but has racked up 15000 flight hours (?!)
15.000 flight hours can be obtained from a UAV family, probably it is bayraktar. They have advertised it %100 national some time ago and Mr. Aksit stated that they have works on gasoline engine too. of course i am assuming.

15.000 flight hours can be obtained from a UAV family, probably it is bayraktar. They have advertised it %100 national some time ago and Mr. Aksit stated that they have works on gasoline engine too. of course i am assuming.

Why would a tactical UAV engine be classified?

maybe it is just a patent issue, i dont know but you cant get 15000 hours from any other aircrafts.

Also one more thing cought my attention. Around 48:00 he says "We are the first at the world who uses 3D printed turbine pals and we have generated %95 endurance of monocrystal material. Engines in test videos are using that material" That is huge guys; that is huge!

At the conferance he(head of TEI) says that they have developed 6 differednt class of engines in 5 years.

Last edited:

Officially it started in February 2017, if I'm not mistaken. You can't hire 250 engineer for early conceptual designs and technology preparations. Naturally preparations started earlier.

There are good reasons Turkish engineers leaving Tei and Aselsan for Dutch companies or for BMC.

Btw, this news is probably about tj90 turbojet engine not for ts1400 or something like that.

that is TS1400 project. no one on earth can be ready to test a turbojet in a year. TJ 90 was already exist at that time. When the time comes they signed agreement, before that they have done many duties.

it is just recently revealed GEZGIN project but most jobs are already done, where is the engine? it is ready too.
TEI is preparing its engine turn into a turboprop(450 hp) for AKINCI. that is what i understood.

Back
Top Bottom