What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

Defence Turkey: At BMC Power, you have started developing a 700-horsepower power pack within the scope of the New Generation Light Armored Vehicle Power Pack development program. What would you like to say about the investments made toward facilities and human resources as well as the latest status of the activities performed in this regard?

Taha Yasin ÖZTÜRK: Activities for the development of a 700-horsepower power pack within the scope of the New Generation Light Armored Vehicle Power Pack development program have already been initiated. Furthermore, we have produced the prototype. 80 engineers are now working on the development of the prototype and the serial production phase of it. We continue to enlarge our team responsible for the project.

Upon the completion of a 24-month time frame which we have committed, a series of initial prototypes will be revealed, and the tests will start immediately. At the end of 36 months, we will start the first mass production.

R7lMQII.jpg

C4defence says that the PD-170 engine is to fly the TB2, while other sources claim it is for the Akinci UAV

you doubts about turkish defense industry have a pritty bad record of coming true :)

I hope our enemies are confused as much as us. its a 63 kg 100 hp vs 170 kg 170 hp game then . its gonna be interesting to see how the landing gears will react to this and also will require structural changes

Last edited:
I know. PD-170 can lift up TB2 UAV but I don’t think they are able to lift up AKINCI UAV. Which is much heavier.
Till the engine is ready, the first v1.0 Akinci will be lifted by 2 x PD-220. In other words; the engine will generate enough HP for a lite-armed-Akinci.

Last edited:
check after 3:00 , Mr Akşit says they have diesel and gasoline engine , probably they hand over a gasoline engine for TB2 which is not revealed to public

TTZA’lar icin yeni bir motor daha yolda BMC, testlerini yaptigi 585 hp’lik 6 silindirli milli ticari kamyon motoru AZRA’dan, TTZA’lar icin, 350-400 hp guc araliginda 4 silindirli bir askeri motor gelistirme asamasinda.

Translated from Turkish by Microsoft
A new engine for the Ttza is on the way, the BMC, the 585 HP 6-cylinder National commercial truck engine, AZRA, for Ttza, 350-400 HP Power is a 4-cylinder military engine development phase.

Ds7s6G1X4AAJDHC.jpg

10 replies 40 retweets 200 likes

well, I would agree with you few years back. But now, after turkish defense industry punched way above many excpectations... Its much more hard now to disregards such amibtions as wet dreams. Its trully amazing in how short period of time Turkish defense industry made such big leaps in various fields. You guys are everywhere, from realazing naval systems, radar, smal arms, land platforms, missile development, aerospace... I mean, its almost unprecendanted. And all that with out significant natural resources; oil, gas, reveniues.

Developing A Turboshaft engine, integrating that in to a new Heli, Starting the Serial production, all in 4 years time (2017=>2021), That is not realistic even for GE, Lockheed Martin or etc. R&D takes time.

Official estimates are realistic, this is just wild fantasy / claim.

Back
Top Bottom