What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

F135 engine with a maximum wet thrust of 43,000lbf and a dry thrust of 28,000lbf so I would say TR engine should be pretty powerfull with 29k.
THE PROBLEM WITH F135 IS IT IS THE LOWEST WITH POWER TO WEIGHT AND POWER TO DRAG RATIO...
YOU CANNOT USE IT AT AIR TO AIR JETS

Otosan said that the engine's intellectual and industrial rights are entirely their own. It was an actively engineered thousands and millions of kilometers passed the test. Why do we expect a different engine when it is not used in our armored vehicles ?

1217524_620x410.jpg

I don’t quite get the question. Are you asking why we’re not using otosans engine? For what and which vehicles ?

I don’t quite get the question. Are you asking why we’re not using otosans engine? For what and which vehicles ?

What part of this question did u not understand ?

New generation Ecotorqs in open sources ; 9 Lt - 13 Lt -- 330 BG, 420 BG and 480 BG generating power.
At the same time, Otosan is developing gearboxes for these engines and it is scarce. You can use these engines or their modified versions in almost all tactical wheeled armored vehicles.

New generation Ecotorqs in open sources ; 9 Lt - 13 Lt -- 330 BG, 420 BG and 480 BG generating power.
At the same time, Otosan is developing gearboxes for these engines and it is scarce. You can use these engines or their modified versions in almost all tactical wheeled armored vehicles.
It is nice to see that new engines are coming up but as far as I know, both BMC and Tumosan are developing engines for armored vehicles. Lately, a lot of companies are producing the same products in land vehicles. For ex. even Aselsan developed an IFV called Korhan. The thing is, we don't have many resorces. We first need to develop products in the areas that we lack the most.

It is nice to see that new engines are coming up but as far as I know, both BMC and Tumosan are developing engines for armored vehicles. Lately, a lot of companies are producing the same products in land vehicles. For ex. even Aselsan developed an IFV called Korhan. The thing is, we don't have many resorces. We first need to develop products in the areas that we lack the most.

In fact, Korhan is not an IFV, it is only a turret. The vehicle carrying the turret Fnss Kaplan 20. Aselsan has never designed and manufactured vehicles, and even Poyraz Ammunition filling vehicle used ready chassis.

In fact, Korhan is not an IFV, it is only a turret. The vehicle carrying the turret Fnss Kaplan 20. Aselsan has never designed and manufactured vehicles, and even Poyraz Ammunition filling vehicle used ready chassis.
Thats not hte point. What I'm trying to say is that many firms are developing similar products but we don't have infinite reesources.

It’s competition, but it’ll be unfair competition because politicians have their favorites, but the companies might still be able to attract foreign buyers.
First the I class , then the Altay, now the engine of TF-X/MMU, one might ask what's next?

Nice question, but next to your question I would place another question. If these engines are suited for military vehicles than why aren't they used in the Otokar Cobra for instance instead of the Cummins engine?

Otokar and Otosan are both part of the same mother company, so there is no any governmental block or whatever to use those engines.

I guess there must be a reason why they are not used in military vehicles, don't ask me since I do not know the answer either!

Nice question, but next to your question I would place another question. If these engines are suited for military vehicles than why aren't they used in the Otokar Cobra for instance instead of the Cummins engine?

Otokar and Otosan are both part of the same mother company, so there is no any governmental block or whatever to use those engines.

I guess there must be a reason why they are not used in military vehicles, don't ask me since I do not know the answer either!

It is the manufacturer of that vehicle that integrates the engine into a vehicle. But, the person driving the vehicle is the user, not the manufacturer. No matter how hard Bmc - Otosan or Tumosan works, they will not be able to make a Cummins engine and an Allison level gearbox. Army, Cummins engines and Allison transmissions are produced in Turkey are already saying, he wanted to be the best and did not want to take risks, Business acumen ends here.

We must know that. We cant achive a 1500 hp class turkish made engine not until 2030. And also we cant thrust to germany about engine and transmission. Also we need time for make a new engine with italians and brits on iveco or catterpillar engine.

I will prefer a mor localized 1200 hp brits/italian/ukranien engine for intagrate him current altay and named him 250 Altay EDT (Erken Duhul Tankı) with same speed and maneuvrability level with challenger 2 . On the other hand Challenger 2 is the same tonnage level with altay and his speed and maneuvrability not bad at all. Enough for us for stop gap. (A little reminding we have only 160 Battle Capable tank if we isn't upgrade leo 2a4's with reactive armor and polat/akkor.)

And in the end we must work until Edt production finished with 3 crewed , automatic loadered, unmanned 120 mm L/55 turreted and 1200 hp engined 70/km-s class tank like that ;

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-04-02-090233-i-pinimg-com.png

OR

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-04-02-090233-i-pinimg-com.png

falcon_turret.jpg

Advantage's of this new 4.class armata like tanks;

1- İf turrets is unmanned tank tonnage is decrase for that reason we can take more performance 1200 hp like him 1500 hp

2- Personel coverage is incrase . Because Tank turret size minimize and very hard to shot him with sabot ammo and for anti tank missiles we have active/Passive protection systems and with that huge tonnage incrase we can integrate the armor coverage to hull .

------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the other hand we need huge ZMA (ACV) NEEDİNG. Our acv-300's not a latest zma . He need extra armor, passive systems and active protection system and most important is coaxial anti tank missile launcher.

We dont need new acv's we have huge amount acv-30 and acv-s .

c8VzYLH2HTTEJ4GPjx3n9QCku50XXSOUQn0oB9N1o4_absRoM3JlRELV0fCA2dkAr0nyx2_6SwtlUybuGozYAWg1t3XpSr0-G_ngnhFBUtJBWPaUWOJIABU

That's a good modernization but need pulat and coaxial anti tank launcher. We need upgrade all 600 acv-30's . Also we need extra minimum 400 and max 900 zma. Normally armies have 1 tank/ 1.5 or 2 acv percentage. So we need just upgrade minimum 400 and max 900 zma acv-s with lwr, yamgöz, dvs, pulat and 20 mm + 2x anti tank missile launcher unmanned turret like that ;

maxresdefault.jpg

Just the single barrel 20 mm + anti tank version . Not gatling.

So that is the cheap way have makeing fightable mechanized force. 160 Sabra TM FIRAT + 330 Leopard 2a4 Modernaized + 1000 Upgraded Acv Zma is the good for first stage.

+250 Altay edh + 500 Koral Turreted local engined zma good for second stage.

+750 Altay T3 + 1500 Koral Turreted Zma good for third stage.

İn the and 1000 altay (500 leo 2a4/sabra storage) and 2000 zma (1000 moded acv storage) good for our army

We have already had 20mm CIWS? İ didnt know .
Great platform for ships.
Missile launcher might be for antiaircraft missiles. Because holes are narrower for. ATGMS

Last edited:
We have already had 20mm CIWS? İ didnt know .
Great platform for ships.

Yes his introduced in idef 2019 . Mkek officalls say we do it reverse engineering but many defence expert thinks they are uses old aircraft guns on him.

On the other hand if aselsan make 20 mm atom we can do it great job for aa and anti personel ammo on ciws acv cannons etc.

Back
Top Bottom