What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

Please excuse my ignorance on the subject but American destroyers (also aircraft carrier battle groups and submarines) are nuclear powered which operate on high powered engines and can sail 10 years or so without refueling.

How do Milgem ships' engines compare against American navy ships in terms of technology and fuel efficiency since these milgem ships are produced now to serve the next decade or few decades?

I couldn't understand completly what you asked. But If we compare Us navy and Turkish navy, Turkish navy is nowhere near of american navy. And thats not just us. Even britain,france or russia doesnt have a compatible navy to us navy. We can count china as competitor as vesse count but technologically amerşcan navy is superior.

Turkish navy doesnt have any nuclear vessels. All vessels run on diesel. But since mediterranian sea is "small" we can easyly opearte our navy in it.

/facepalm/

Bro I know some of our ships use turbofan engine but I don't know what type of fuel they use. I simplified fuel types to diesel to explain we don't have any nuclear power vessel but guess I misleaded.

EKZtPfRWkAAys6o

Field tests of HURM Project will be carried out in Aksaray between 1-14 December.
https://www.tsk.tr/Home/Detay/3293

TS1400 Turbine Engine will be ready in 1 year! This engine currently has 1500 HP. In addition, the PD170 engine entered the production line and will be delivered by the end of the year 13 units.
Highlights from the haberturk interview of TEI General Director Prof.Dr.Mahmut Faruk Akşit:

- TEI will deliver 13 sets of PD-170 engines (220 hp output engine which is optimized for UAVs) for TAI orders by the end of the year.

- Akıncı's engine works continue. As soon as it's completed, we're going to produce a powerful engine without increasing the size. It will be the first in the world in this type of engine.

- We are the leader in reciprocating UAV engines.

- The PD170 is actually capable of handling 4-8 seats Cessna-like planes. Civil certification will be required to be used for this purpose.

- The Anka flew many times with our indigenous engine, we had no problems. After 6 months you will see Aksungur flies with indigenous engine.

- We're talking serious things about system sales with countries like South Korea and the Philippines. Good things will happen if we find the midpoint.

- We completed the jet engine core 2 years ago. We've gone through hundreds of tests, learned a lot. We reduced fuel consumption, increased power.

- Jet engine assembly is finished, manufacturing phase continues. We will deliver it for use in Gökbey utulity helicopter within a year.

- We have proven ourselves in the world in producing core engines. We are taking our steps on the way to MMU by making it bigger.

- We created our own library of Air Engines. Things have become easier.

Last edited:
Highlights from the haberturk interview of TEI General Director Prof.Dr.Mahmut Faruk Akşit:

- TEI will deliver 13 sets of PD-170 engines (220 hp output engine which is optimized for UAVs) for TAI orders by the end of the year.

- Akıncı's engine works continue. As soon as it's completed, we're going to produce a powerful engine without increasing the size. It will be the first in the world in this type of engine.

- We are the leader in reciprocating UAV engines.

- The PD170 is actually capable of handling 4-8 seats Cessna-like planes. Civil certification will be required to be used for this purpose.

- The Anka flew many times with our indigenous engine, we had no problems. After 6 months you will see Aksungur flies with indigenous engine.

- We're talking serious things about system sales with countries like South Korea and the Philippines. Good things will happen if we find the midpoint.

- We completed the jet engine core 2 years ago. We've gone through hundreds of tests, learned a lot. We reduced fuel consumption, increased power.

- Jet engine assembly is finished, manufacturing phase continues. We will deliver it for use in Gökbey utulity helicopter within a year.

- We have proven ourselves in the world in producing core engines. We are taking our steps on the way to MMU by making it bigger.

- We created our own library of Air Engines. Things have become easier.

This is heartening to hear. I really hope that the government stops with the silly "TR Engine" crap and gives the project for MMU engines entirely to TEI to distribute as they see fit.

I didn't see anything new and useful in the interview. We also learned that aksungur flies with the imported engine, not the domestic engine. What the hell is this ?

Could you provide a brief summary?

How far is Turkey with Ramjet engines and are you planning supersonic cruise missiles?

In 2018, Turkey/SSB has officially charged Tübitak to develop liquid fuel Ram-Jet engine tech. If Turkey officially commence a program, It means The majority of components that Tübitak call it as “Air Breathing Propulsion System Infrastructure” have already been developed. As a result of this project, Tubitak will test the first matured Ram-Jet infrastructure under the name of “Acceptance trials” in 2020.

In paralel to propulsion unit, Roketsan develops a supersonic anti-ship missile program. Most probably, We will see land based and ship based variant.

In 2018, Turkey/SSB has officially charged Tübitak to develop liquid fuel Ram-Jet engine tech. If Turkey officially commenced a program, It means The majority of components that Tübitak call it as “Air Breathing Propulsion System Infrastructure” have already been developed. As a result of this project, Tubitak will test the first matured Ram-Jet infrastructure under the name of “Acceptance trials” in 2020.

In paralel to propulsion unit, Roketsan develops a supersonic anti-ship missile program. Most probably, We will see land based and ship based variant.

Excellent progress. Any timeline for Roketsan's supersonic anti-ship missile program?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom