What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

Lenght and diameter a little bit more than Tri 40
The KTJ-3200 was developed and tested by KALE, not by TEI. Also the size of this engine is too big for SOM.

DYAJgoGXUAAXYa1.jpg
Maybe I am misunderstanding something here, but wasn't the KTJ-3200 not developed for SOM missile in the first place? I thought it was supposed to replace the French engine?

Last edited:
Maybe I am misunderstanding something here, but wasn't the KTJ-3200 not developed for SOM missile in the first place? I thought it was supposed to replace the French engine?

The KTJ-3200 jet engine was developed for use in SOM. They are going to replace the French engine with KTJ-3200. Atmaca will also use the same engine. The engine above looks too big for SOM. Maybe i am wrong about the size.

The KTJ-3200 jet engine was developed for use in SOM. They are going to replace the French engine with KTJ-3200. Atmaca will also use the same engine. The engine above looks too big for SOM. Maybe i am wrong about the size.
Can it be for Gezgin?

The production of 4 T700-TEI-701D engines produced by TEI was completed.

View attachment 575166

Are these licensed produced in Turkey? Or it is 100% owned Turkish design and manufacture that Turkey can export abroad without any possibility of U.S blocking the sales?

@cabatli_53

EDIT: Nevermind, I read that it is a licensed produced engine from G.E, and not 100% Turkish designed and developed.

Still, a good feat. I hope they got to learn alot from the project and Inshallah we will see a 100% Turkish engine soon

Last edited:
Are these licensed produced in Turkey? Or it is 100% owned Turkish design and manufacture that Turkey can export abroad without any possibility of U.S blocking the sales?

@cabatli_53

EDIT: Nevermind, I read that it is a licensed produced engine from G.E, and not 100% Turkish designed and developed.

Still, a good feat. I hope they got to learn alot from the project and Inshallah we will see a 100% Turkish engine soon

This experience is very important for TEI, A milestone. As TEI has this experience, it develops the domestic TS1400 (1400 shp) turboshaft engine.

@cabatli_53

Signatures were made a few years ago, but the foundations of this project go back nearly 10 years. Because the ToT negotiations led to a tough bargain. As a result of this, T-70 (S-70 variant) project offering transfer technology for the manufacture of structural components requiring high precision such as dynamic components, gearbox etc. and these are most challenging portions with T700. While this is the biggest difference in the project, this helicopter will also fly almost entirely with Turkish avionics.

Off-topic: Due to delays in this project, the process of the mid-class (12t mtow) general purpose helicopter project was accelerated. Therefore i think it is unclear at the moment whether there will be additional purchases for the T-70, except for certain orders. Therefore, the variants that are created or derived by using the core of TS1400 are ( which is the video given by Mr. Test7 above) much more important for the future of the Turkish aviation industry.

Last edited:
But as far as I know those 26.000 hp engines are turbofan engines. But what I'm saying is diesel engines
Please excuse my ignorance on the subject but American destroyers (also aircraft carrier battle groups and submarines) are nuclear powered which operate on high powered engines and can sail 10 years or so without refueling.

How do Milgem ships' engines compare against American navy ships in terms of technology and fuel efficiency since these milgem ships are produced now to serve the next decade or few decades?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom