What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

Conclusion; we are not buildings motors right now, maybe in the future...

I don't understand your reasoning behind this, perhaps if you can explain.

Tofas is a piece of shit and not worthly. Amq cheap fiat nothing more:-). Its not difficult to make a 4 stroke engine, the problem is nobody want to invest. So i dont see a Turkish engine for automotive, yes licence production maybe.

Let's say we have a engine develops. In which car are we going to use? Its not only developing engine but its needs to be cost effective.

When bmw is developing a engine and a model they are putting 300 a 500 milion euro. Which company is going to invest bilions?

Ford Otosan is making a killing with the engine they developed, the R&D costs was around $50mil and anyone who wants to use that engine for their vehicles have to pay license fees.

http://www.fordotosan.com.tr/downloads/yatirimciiliskileri/Ecotorq Engine Technology Licence Agreement.pdf

Last edited:
I don't understand your reasoning behind this, perhaps if you can explain.

Because we are not producing engines. Look at our defence industry vehicles all of their engines are being imported from abroad. And we are not producing engines but engine parts.

I don't know how can i explain it better... it's not so hard to understand.

Because we are not producing engines. Look at our defence industry vehicles all of their engines are being imported from abroad. And we are not producing engines but engine parts.

I don't know how can i explain it better... it's not so hard to understand.

Just because our Defence Industry is not using any Indigenous engines doesn't mean Turkey does not produce engines. Engine are being produced, most of them under license. Even if some of the parts are being imported it's no different from US,Germany and other engine producers importing parts to produce their engines... So you see it's very difficult to understand your reasoning.

Engine are being produced, most of them under license.

Source. products, technical details... you know how the things work around here.

Also, we are also licence produce F-16s.. does it mean that we are can produce the plane with our industry.. no we don't have that kind of industry.

You say USA imports parts from abroad.. yes they do but they design and have the technology to produce them. They import because either it's cheaper because of the labor costs or to distribute the work share resulting more production.

İmporting critical parts that you can't produce then presenting as national isn't way to do. It's just assembly. Anybody can do it.

Source. products, technical details... you know how the things work around here.

Well Ahmet has posted most of them. But why are you ignoring Ford Otosan engine, of which I've supplied enough information in this very thread. Look up a few posts above yours, go back a page..

Well Ahmet has posted most of them. But why are you ignoring Ford Otosan engine, of which I've supplied enough information in this very thread. Look up a few posts above yours, go back a page..

First, I replied Ahmet's post..... i don't want to repeat the same things again. Turkish engine thread | Page 4

i think i confused Ecotorq with Duratec motor.... but you didn't supplied enough information, i will look it up tonight.

I replied before you edited your original post
Also, we are also licence produce F-16s.. does it mean that we are can produce the plane with our industry.. no we don't have that kind of industry.

The licence wasn't to produce the entire aircraft from A-Z, it was to assemble parts and produce some parts in Turkey for cost savings.

You say USA imports parts from abroad.. yes they do but they design and have the technology to produce them. They import because either it's cheaper because of the labor costs or to distribute the work share resulting more production.

İmporting critical parts that you can't produce then presenting as national isn't way to do. It's just assembly. Anybody can do it.

Ah, see, now that you are explaining it further. Well, than yes. There isn't many engine developers in Turkey, there are some. But that doesn't negate the fact that engines are being produced in Turkey, even if license produced.

Also, engines are suppose to be simple. I wouldn't say there are critical parts in engines, that Turkey could not produce. If, some parts are imported to Turkey it's likely because it's helping foreign countries make sure they have a workforce.

So you might want to also look up Tumosan, Turk Traktor also produces engines but under license.

Last edited:
I replied before you edited your original post

The licence wasn't to produce the entire aircraft from A-Z, it was to assemble parts and produce some parts in Turkey for cost savings.

Ah, see, now that you are explaining it further. Well, than yes. There isn't many engine developers in Turkey, there are some. But that doesn't negate the fact that engines are being produced in Turkey, even if license produced.

Also, engines are suppose to be simple. I wouldn't say there are critical parts in engines, that Turkey could not produce. If, some parts are imported to Turkey it's likely because it's helping foreign countries make sure they have a workforce.

So you might want to also look up Tumosan, Turk Traktor also produces engines but under license.

Now, that made me wonder... If Otokar (otosan belongs to Koç) have the ability to produce motors. Why didn't we use single engine on our products... i'm past it... again if Otosan has that ability why didn't they enter in this tender.Savunma Sanayii Müsteşarlığı

I don't know their ability, and you just say "they produce" but not much info. Anyways, i will do my reasearch on my own.

So shall i search for engines and about their story? i only heard from tv and read from magazines/internet about ship, car, bus, tractor, truck, etc engines.

I can't give you solid evidences Sinan that they are 100% indigenous. Maybe they are under license or half of them indigenous, i don't know exact.

But newspaper allways says 100% as you know...

Now, that made me wonder... If Otokar (otosan belongs to Koç) have the ability to produce motors. Why didn't we use single engine on our products... i'm past it... again if Otosan has that ability why didn't they enter in this tender.Savunma Sanayii Müsteşarlığı
http://www.ssm.gov.tr/anasayfa/hizli/duyurular/projeDuyurulari/Sayfalar/20120803_GGG.aspx

Don't know, maybe if you could ask them why.

I don't know their ability, and you just say "they produce" but not much info. Anyways, i will do my reasearch on my own.

Let us know what you find.

This is licence they are talking about ecotec engines of ford ahahah.

Read it again, and try to comprehend what is written. In both my post and inside Licence Agreement. If you fail at both, try and watch the video. Thank you, have a good day.

Read it again, and try to comprehend what is written. In both my post and inside Licence Agreement. If you fail at both, try and watch the video. Thank you, have a good day.

Fikri ve mulkiyet haklari ford otosana ait. Its like T129 atak program, give the money and buy the engine technology. Its a good thing but stil not own design. You dont have a cleu idea what engine devoplement cost do you.

Fikri ve mulkiyet haklari ford otosana ait. Its like T129 atak program, give the money and buy the engine technology. Its a good thing but stil not own design. You dont have a cleu idea what engine devoplement cost do you.

Nope read carefully.

Engine is Otosan's own design they are selling the licence (not buying) to JMC of China. Otosan is going to receive €150 - €190 euros for every motor that Chinese sells.

You dont have a cleu idea what engine devoplement cost do you.

Well I do because I read up on it.

Also it's good to know that Ford Otosan is expanding and onto develop new engines.

Ford Turkey spend of $1.6bn way ahead of plan

Ford Otosan’s plant in Inonu, Eskisehir is undertaking heavy truck manufacturing and engine development for global markets. $100m will be spent in the plant for the development and production of 11- and 13-litre Ecotorq engines, used in Cargo line trucks as well as in various industrial and marine applications. Both the truck and the engine are designed and built by Turkish engineers.

Ford Otosan’s Gebze Engineering Centre has become the third largest of its kind for the global automaker with 1,200 personnel involved in research and development there.

Back
Top Bottom