What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

Well it's a little bit of patriotism, getting the public conditioned into 'we can do it' is not a bad thing.

No, i'm not arguing about that. But buying foreign parts and assembling them, does not makes our engine "National".

The first thing i spotted on this "National Engine" is... it's "HELIX" propeller.

helix_carbon_fiber_prop.jpg

made in Germany.

Die Helix Carbon GmbH | HELIX-AIRCRAFT :disagree:

I doubt that there is a single "National part" on that engine.

No, i'm not arguing about that. But buying foreign parts and assembling them, does not makes our engine "National".

The first thing i spotted on this "National Engine" is... it's "HELIX" propeller.

{image}

made in Germany.

Die Helix Carbon GmbH | HELIX-AIRCRAFT :disagree:

I doubt that there is a single "National part" on that engine.

Prop should not mist your judgement into thinking the way you are, it is good to have a bit of a step back attitude with concern to Turkish media and how it reports things, but KokpitAero is a very good media outlet.

As for the prop AFAIK such prop manufacturers do not exist in Turkey, so purchasing off the shelf on some items that do not exist nationally, or does not conform to quality standards should not be a barrier to advance manufacturing @ home.

Prop should not mist your judgement into thinking the way you are, it is good to have a bit of a step back attitude with concern to Turkish media and how it reports things, but KokpitAero is a very good media outlet.

As for the prop AFAIK such prop manufacturers do not exist in Turkey, so purchasing off the shelf on some items that do not exist nationally, or does not conform to quality standards should not be a barrier to advance manufacturing @ home.

Mate, my project in university project was much more complex than this project. I only talked about prop to give an example. I still don't believe there is a Turkish made part on this engine.

As it has been made by two retired technicians and one mechanical engineer....:woot: Can you believe how stupid it sounds. :disagree:

Also, making a prop is not a big deal. I have made one from fiber-glass and more advanced ones can be built in carbon-fiber in Turkey too. :) For example, TAI has the needed facilities for making composite materials like carbon-fiber.

The problem here is buying everything off the shelf, combining them and present this as a national engine, and project team is 3 man............more embrasing this is making into news and we are disscusing about it in a defence site. :hitwall:

Mate, my project in university project was much more complex than this project. I only talked about prop to give an example. I still don't believe there is a Turkish made part on this engine.

As it has been made by two retired technicians and one mechanical engineer....:woot: Can you believe how stupid it sounds. :disagree:

Also, making a prop is not a big deal. I have made one from fiber-glass and more advanced ones can be built in carbon-fiber in Turkey too. :) For example, TAI has the needed facilities for making composite materials like carbon-fiber.

The problem here is buying everything off the shelf, combining them and present this as a national engine, and project team is 3 man............more embrasing this is making into news and we are disscusing about it in a defence site. :hitwall:

Good for you buddy, I hope your knowledge and expertise in whatever field helps to benefit yours and Turkiye's future, maybe you can join MBT engine development team?

In the meantime, I completely disagree with you.

For anyone Interested in Turkish engineers ability to produce engines, I suggest you look up Otosan who has produced 66,000 engines developed by Turkish engineers for Ford Cargo trucks. 4 (yes 1-2-3-4) Turkish engineers developed that engine.
Yes yes yes, we have a huge automative industry. But why the hell Otosan or Tofaş aren't showing interested in this project? I can understand Koç Holdings' frustration after MİLGEM but what about Tofaş? why not them?

Yes yes yes, we have a huge automative industry. But why the hell Otosan or Tofaş aren't showing interested in this project? I can understand Koç Holdings' frustration after MİLGEM but what about Tofaş? why not them?

I think some of them have realy strong relationship to outside and this is effecting of their decisions. We need a serious cooperation with several automative companies and universities to catch succeed but how to do ? We are need rapid solution...

I think some of them have realy strong relationship to outside and this is effecting of their decisions. We need a serious cooperation with several automative companies and universities to catch succeed but how to do ? We are need rapid solution...

How to do is crystal clear, it's governments job to coordinate a project which will involve companies, universities etc...

Or just give the task and funds to Tubitak, they will organize everything and came up with the product eventually. I love Tubitak. :mps:

How to do is crystal clear, it's governments job to coordinate a project which will involve companies, universities etc...

Or just give the task and funds to Tubitak, they will organize everything and came up with the product eventually. I love Tubitak. :mps:

True I agree with you so it is task of government they have to do solve this problem somehow, i think second option is more logical if Tubitak arrange something they will do tender and car will switch to mass production... then company can walk on one's own.... i love Tubitak too, Tüpü tak çalışsın :P

Tofas is a piece of shit and not worthly. Amq cheap fiat nothing more:-). Its not difficult to make a 4 stroke engine, the problem is nobody want to invest. So i dont see a Turkish engine for automotive, yes licence production maybe.

Let's say we have a engine develops. In which car are we going to use? Its not only developing engine but its needs to be cost effective.

When bmw is developing a engine and a model they are putting 300 a 500 milion euro. Which company is going to invest bilions?

Last edited:
Tofas is a piece of shit and not worthly. Amq cheap fiat nothing more:-). Its not difficult to make a 4 stroke engine, the problem is nobody want to invest. So i dont see a Turkish engine for automotive, yes licence production maybe.

Let's say we have a engine develops. In which car are we going to use? Its not only developing engine but its needs to be cost effective.

When bmw is developing a engine and a model they are putting 300 a 500 milion euro. Which company is going to invest bilions?
Thats true, they would licence produce a car rather than make a indigenous one, its really hard to catch up to the old and known companys today.

it will take long time, maybe i can search this week and send them on that thread.

little search

Fatih YILMAZ - İzmir Vapurlarına “TÜLOMSAŞ Marine” Yakışır

Tülomsaş's expertise is locomotive and wagon building.

In it's website, it says they are building engines but looks like they are all produced under licence.
Tülomsaş - Türkiye Lokomotif ve Motor Sanayii A.Ş.

News says they are making Engines that belongs Tülomsaş Brand but no source, it may be engines build under licence.

HEMA ENDÜSTRİ A.Ş.

As for the HEMA industry. I had already covered them. Turkish engine thread | Page 3

They are building motor parts.. not motors.

http://www.tumosan.com.tr/tr/index.php/motor.

You can check their website, they are only building simple tractor engines ( I mentioned it before)
http://www.tumosan.com.tr/tr/index.php/motor
Mate, please.... just one man made an experimental motor and asks for the govermental back-up.. not to mention it's a single cylinder.
Gamak - ANASAYFA

Gamak builds simple electric motors.. for pumps and stuff like that.
http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMC_Sanayi_ve_Ticaret_A.%C5%9E

BMC do not produce motors, feel free to correct me.

Conclusion; we are not buildings motors right now, maybe in the future...

Back
Top Bottom