What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

wtf are you talking about? No faking engine factory have this ahahah. Everything is outsourced, engine are made by casting and not cnc. CNC engine are high performance for the race world, cutting edge for more power. We are not going to race with that armored vehicles or tanks.
Ofcourse its cast but dont you need CNC for cutting the block?

Brother, they lack available infrastructutre. But it is possible. They have to invest much money;
they build only 4 cylinder engines.
But they will need huge foundry for Aluminium and special CNC robots e.g.;
also sophisticated metallurgic technology.
Cables, electronic boxes, injectors, pistons and almost all other they can get from domestic market.

Maybe thats why SSM invest on BMC about tank engine project.

You should make your homework before writing BS.

you don't get it, no car fabric have that machinery. Everything is outsourced and ther is no cutting edge cnc. You want cutting edge cnc machinery go look to race world.

you don't get it, no car fabric have that machinery. Everything is outsourced and ther is no cutting edge cnc. You want cutting edge cnc machinery go look to race world.

We talk about heavy duty truck engines aka military engines and not racing cars

1-Turkish Ramjet . Cruise speed 2.5 -3 Mach. Developments began 2000 and finished at 2005 called with "RAMJET Technologies Development Project" by ODTU-SAGE-TEI . Roketsan worked also on it.
Uludağ Üniversitesi, TOBB ETÜ, ODTÜ, Osmangazi Üniversitesi cooperated on RAMJET propulsion tech.
It is possible that 2020 a ramjet missile could enter test trials.

2- 1. National Hypersonic Workshop began 2010 and 2014 was a roadmap made for "Hypersonic Systems".
Hypersonic systems are Mach +5 weapons and it is expected that first test missile will be ready 2025

http://library.metu.edu.tr/search/X?SEARCH=ramjet

Thanks to Güclüak, I quoted only a small part of his post in a Turkish Forum.

The author claims that he used only open sources and that Turkey is developing Ramjets missiles with advanced AESA seekers for AA and AG (antiship 400 km range) engagement.
In future, for use on wingman Drones accompanying TF-X fighters. " very ambitious plans if true"

Comparison of a TJ and HS missile ten minutes after lauch.

hypersonicvcruisemissile.png

Last edited:
As Turkey mentioned its AA missiles, they should use ramjet engine. I think if we track the deployment of those missiles, we can also learn more about Ramjet, as it can be used against ground targets too..

Hypersonic missiles will be hard as Turkey should develop materials that can stand the heat..

I wish Turkey also build small turbofan engine for trainer/light attack aircraft..

With 1.2 march speed, its alone will be very dangerous..

I think the next engine project TEI will announce to public will be a turbofan to power up jet trainers initially. There are some elements in presentations...

DHw2KvgXkAU2w2n.jpg

Last edited:
I think you're right bro, Turbofan engine is definetely on the agenda. But, what is pictured is an GE F110, probably there because TEI produces some parts for it and overhauls the engines too

csm_f110_main_c8b3fedcaa.jpg

https://www.tei.com.tr/detay/f110-engine

Bro, The mock-up is presented with domestic projects side by side. That is the reason making me excited. If It is a domestic thing and 1/1 scale of real considered prototype(Either a copy of GE turbofan or other), It means the size is way smaller than GE F110 which is going to fit inside a trainer aircraft perfectly.

Screen_Shot249.jpg

I think they are ahead of this schedule about turboshaft engine..
where is the 3.1 kn turbofan engine is going to be used? Atmaca? Or Gezgin?

Bro, The mock-up is presented with domestic projects side by side. That is the reason making me excited. If It is a domestic thing and 1/1 scale of real considered prototype(Either a copy of GE turbofan or other), It means the size is way smaller than GE F110 which is going to fit inside a trainer aircraft perfectly.

Screen_Shot249.jpg

I don't know bro, but it looks like Hurjet will have 'stealthy' (IR/RF surpressed) engine nozzles.. not like one in picture :)

1GNMdp.jpg

Ok. You can increase power changing turbo boost and other parameters. For example a Bmw 1.8 engine sounds like 1800 cc but in reality its the standart 1997 cc engine.
Now , the main point is higher ceiling means less temperatures ( lubrication) and combustion ( freeze risk of fuel e.g.). It is not a magicions work but needs experience. Today components are available which almost need no lubrication.( -70 degress C).
Fuel can be heated. This are some points must be taken in consideration.
Thanks Altay, I think main issue in high altitude performance drops due to thin air (less oxygen) therefore engine performance drops when engine performing higher altitude.

This is dirt cheap 100 hp upgrade also helps to keep engines internal compartment clean. Water&methanol injection. I done it to my daily driving Nissan Works great. Everyone easily can do it by him self. It’s not a rocket science. Ps; also drops fuel consumption. Watch the video. Thank you.

A single engine has to produce at least 10 kN (2,250 lbf) to power a small jet trainer in a twin-engine configuration.

J85-GE-1 (the engine that powered the first T-38 Talon trainer) produces 10.9 kN (2450 lbs). There's two of them so we're looking at 21.8 kN total. YJ85-GE-15 (the most advanced variant of it) puts out 19 kN (4,300 lbs), 38 kN total.

F-16's single engine F110-GE-132 (the latest variant powering the UAE Block 60's) produces 144.6 kN (32,500 lbf).

Of course, with afterburner these thrust outputs can be kicked up by another 30% or so for a short period of time.

Back
Top Bottom