What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

TEI PD-170 in trials

-20,000ft: generating 170hp ( German motor generates the power of 155hp until the level of 11,000ft)
-30,000ft: generating 130hp ( German motor generates the power ~85hp) and Pd-170’s fuel consumption is %11 better in same altitude.
-TEI PD-170 on 40000ft altitude performs (~85-90hp) better than what German equivalent performing in 30,000ft.
-PD-170 is 5kg heavier than equivalent.

TEI PD-170 in trials

-20,000ft: generating 170hp ( German motor generates the power of 155hp until the level of 11,000ft)
-30,000ft: generating 130hp ( German motor generates the power ~85hp) and Pd-170’s fuel consumption is %11 better in same altitude.
-TEI PD-170 on 40000ft altitude performs (~85-90hp) better than what German equivalent performing in 30,000ft.
-PD-170 is 5kg heavier than equivalent.

PD-210 is on its way too bro :-)

PD-210 is on its way too bro :-)
Ok. You can increase power changing turbo boost and other parameters. For example a Bmw 1.8 engine sounds like 1800 cc but in reality its the standart 1997 cc engine.
Now , the main point is higher ceiling means less temperatures ( lubrication) and combustion ( freeze risk of fuel e.g.). It is not a magicions work but needs experience. Today components are available which almost need no lubrication.( -70 degress C).
Fuel can be heated. This are some points must be taken in consideration.

SSM increased the power requirements of this project bro. It was about 750-800hp at the beggining but the project is kicked off with a requirement of about 905hp engine and transmission. BMC has been working on this engine for a while
I realy tend to try compare Turkish development with Japanese Industrialisation JUMPS in the 19.th/20 th. Century. From Samurais to an industry state.

Last edited:
SSM increased the power requirements of this project bro. It was about 750-800hp at the beggining but the project is kicked off with a requirement of about 905hp engine and transmission. BMC has been working on this engine for a while

905hp should match up with T-155 excellently ;-)

For which mission ? i think it is not suitable concept for Turkish army but 8x8 would be good choise for ME operations.
It can take some of the old M48s place. Not in so big number of course but they can be very useful in counter terror operations. Add ADS to it and its perfect. No need to risk Altay on that matter.

It can take some of the old M48s place. Not in so big number of course but they can be very useful in counter terror operations. Add ADS to it and its perfect. No need to risk Altay on that matter.

Not enough fast like weeled vehicles and lesser protection compare to Altay.

Tracked Tanks has to be got high protection because it is easy to detect and they are slow. But weeled tanks faster, silent and hard to detect them, thats why i say we should select 8x8 for irregular warfare or terror operations. Especally for desert conditions at ME.

Look at tracked system how is slow and make dust

But weeled vehicles faster and low dust is gives you many advantages

Not enough fast like weeled vehicles and lesser protection compare to Altay.

Tracked Tanks has to be got high protection because it is easy to detect and they are slow. But weeled tanks faster, silent and hard to detect them, thats why i say we should select 8x8 for irregular warfare or terror operations. Especally for desert conditions at ME.

Look at tracked system how is slow and make dust

But weeled vehicles faster and low dust is gives you many advantages
MT but not alone. They are maneuverable and can make 360o turns while they hold still for example while in urban warfare. The 8x8 is to long to be that maneuverable. The level of protection is high and if ADS is integrated + laser warning and counter measures it can be beast. Together with the 105mm cannon and lets say SARP Dual with main 40mm and secondary 7.62 its nice to have. Its like big IFV. You remember the big role M48s played in the urban operations 2015/2016.

MT but not alone. They are maneuverable and can make 360o turns while they hold still for example while in urban warfare. The 8x8 is to long to be that maneuverable. The level of protection is high and if ADS is integrated + laser warning and counter measures it can be beast. Together with the 105mm cannon and lets say SARP Dual with main 40mm and secondary 7.62 its nice to have. Its like big IFV. You remember the big role M48s played in the urban operations 2015/2016.

It Sounds good but army has to test both platforms as i know M60 make some problems at Syrian operations, thats why i suggesting 8x8.

Back
Top Bottom