What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

Guys i wanted to correct some misunderstanding.

It's called "bulletproof vest" not "steel vest" (Turkish English). There are no steel components in this vest.

What i wonder is if they include more layers can it withstand to larger calibers ?
Mate you answered the question yourself.

Mate you answered the question yourself.

Mate the thing is when i watched this video. I immediately thought that, they should make attack vests from this material and distribute to soldiers.

But then i remembered, soldiers don't face handguns but AK-47s...If the needed layer thickness is like 8-10 centimeters, then it would be useless. We need to know the penetration force of the handgun they used and the AK-47's force in order to make a comparison.

Mate the thing is when i watched this video. I immediately thought that, they should make attack vests from this material and distribute to soldiers.

But then i remembered, soldiers don't face handguns but AK-47s...If the needed layer thickness is like 8-10 centimeters, then it would be useless. We need to know the penetration force of the handgun they used and the AK-47's force in order to make a comparison.
Mate they shot from 1 meter distance,and 12 layers(example) would still weigh far less then 5kg(minimal weight of conventional vest).

Mate they shot from 1 meter distance,and 12 layers(example) would still weigh far less then 5kg(minimal weight of conventional vest).

Yeap that's what i'm saying. The weight won't be issue but you can't move around in the field, lie down etc.. with a 10cm thickness in front of you.

Yeap that's what i'm saying. The weight won't be issue but you can't move around in the field, lie down etc.. with a 10cm thickness in front of you.
Look at the footage again 8 layers not even 1 cm,20 layers would be 2,5 cm.
Measure again mate.

Look at the footage again 8 layers not even 1 cm,20 layers would be 2,5 cm.
Measure again mate.

Look 1:05 at the video. There it shows the overall thickness of the layers. It looks like around 1 cm... 1cm for a handgun.... i can't evaluate how much for a assault rifle....

@Zarvan can you evaluate ?

Look 1:05 at the video. There it shows the overall thickness of the layers. It looks like around 1 cm... 1cm for a handgun.... i can't evaluate how much for a assault rifle....

@Zarvan can you evaluate ?
cant be more then 2.5cm

Dont know mate..... literally i don't have enough knowledge to evaluate.

It's a problem of physics but i don't have the input or the formula....:undecided:
@500 could help out,he should have the knowledge?
Post 96 ,if you could check it out and tell us how many layers needed and how thick it would get to hold back a AK47 bullit?
Thanks.

It will be thinner then regular kevlar vests even after the layers are added.

@500 could help out,he should have the knowledge?
Post 96 ,if you could check it out and tell us how many layers needed and how thick it would get to hold back a AK47 bullit?
Thanks.
In order to gold an AK-47 bullet west needs a ceramic plate which weights 4-5 kg.

So simple shrapnel/pistol bullet west weights about 3 kg. West that protects front from AK - M16 bullets - 7-8 kg, west that protects front and back - 12-13 kg.

In order to gold an AK-47 bullet west needs a ceramic plate which weights 4-5 kg.

So simple shrapnel/pistol bullet west weights about 3 kg. West that protects front from AK - M16 bullets - 7-8 kg, west that protects front and back - 12-13 kg.

Not with new Technologies, such as Nurols Siper-G-P40 Level IV vest which weighs in at 2.45 kg.

Did you watch the video,post 96?

Hmm, than by that logic.

Normal vest 3kg for AK 8kg =>2.66......

@T-123456 seems like you are right mate.

A total thickness of the layers would be max, 3cm....and weight around 0.8kg.. inorder to protect from AK-Bullets. :)

Then this thing is fantastic :D

Back
Top Bottom