What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

Hey, uh would you support Turkish defense companies helping Jordan develop certain industries via TOT? There is already Aselsan ME but hopefully there could be Roketsan Me, Havelsan ME, BMC ME, Etc. @cabatli_53

I would support this but I have some doubt to let this come true.. if you know turks you also would know that we do not have a problem with that and would welcome you with open arms..

but this would mean jordan and turkey would have very deep ties and strategic relationship.. and thats why I dont think saudi arabia would be amused with that.. also israel with wich family saud is very chummy would also be very concerned.. there is no way jordan develops on its own (do what they want) a good defence industry more it must be under saud and israel american control and dependency to fleurish without tensions.. what happened to egypt wich was very good with turkey? what is with qatar? what happens in africa? you see saud and america do not want this for their long term plans..

dont you think US and Eu wich operates also from Jordan would be against this?

jordan would face many difficulties and struggle for their independence if it would be like you said.. but if jordan does what usaudrael wants than they could get a depended defence industry (prepoerations for an iran war, to build a coalition against turkey)

ME could have huge economical and technological benefits if they would work together but the problem is some states are puppet states and leaders are there because of foreign powers or just of egoistic leadership..

I would support this but I have some doubt to let this come true.. if you know turks you also would know that we do not have a problem with that and would welcome you with open arms..

but this would mean jordan and turkey would have very deep ties and strategic relationship.. and thats why I dont think saudi arabia would be amused with that.. also israel with wich family saud is very chummy would also be very concerned.. there is no way jordan develops on its own (do what they want) a good defence industry more it must be under saud and israel american control and dependency to fleurish without tensions.. what happened to egypt wich was very good with turkey? what is with qatar? what happens in africa? you see saud and america do not want this for their long term plans..

dont you think US and Eu wich operates also from Jordan would be against this?

jordan would face many difficulties and struggle for their independence if it would be like you said.. but if jordan does what usaudrael wants than they could get a depended defence industry (prepoerations for an iran war, to build a coalition against turkey)

ME could have huge economical and technological benefits if they would work together but the problem is some states are puppet states and leaders are there because of foreign powers or just of egoistic leadership..
I don't think they would be against it, Aselsan set up a company in Jordan but its more of an assembling plant than a manufacturing plant but no one said anything. Jordan isn't fully with Saudi Arabia recently because of MBS trying to push them away from Palestinians. Jordan doesn't actually want to fight Turkey trust me, Iran is something that threatens Jordan not you. Once Jordan achieves oil, and power independence than they have no need to rely on Saudi Arabia, or any other state in the ME.

Even if its starts out with small TOT there are already many facilities and dedicated engineers in Jordan at a defense company called KADDB which as I said before has the company Aselsan ME JV. No body objected to Aselsan ME being made, and I'm sure no one will object to more partnerships with Turkey as long as TOT isn't blatantly mentioned.

aselsanmiddleeast.com/

www.jordantimes.com/opinion/daoud-kuttab/turkey-and-jordan-alliance-needs-attention

Last edited:
I don't think they would be against it, Aselsan set up a company in Jordan but its more of an assembling plant than a manufacturing plant but no one said anything. Jordan isn't fully with Saudi Arabia recently because of MBS trying to push them away from Palestinians. Jordan doesn't actually want to fight Turkey trust me, Iran is something that threatens Jordan not you. Once Jordan achieves oil, and power independence than they have no need to rely on Saudi Arabia, or any other state in the ME.

Even if its starts out with small TOT there are already many facilities and dedicated engineers in Jordan at a defense company called KADDB which as I said before has the company Aselsan ME JV. No body objected to Aselsan ME being made, and I'm sure no one will object to more partnerships with Turkey as long as TOT isn't blatantly mentioned.

aselsanmiddleeast.com/

www.jordantimes.com/opinion/daoud-kuttab/turkey-and-jordan-alliance-needs-attention

you talked about tot and a defence industry that would put jordan and turkey together like germany and france.. so as I said it would be good to have this kind of partner in the region.. but I fear saudis /uae would put their noses in they destabilize any country that is with us or have good relationship you see this in africa and qatar

you talked about tot and a defence industry that would put jordan and turkey together like germany and france.. so as I said it would be good to have this kind of partner in the region.. but I fear saudis /uae would put their noses in they destabilize any country that is with us or have good relationship you see this in africa and qatar
Saudi and the UAE won't do anything because they can't do anything. Jordan will be come self reliant in gas/oil and usually stays neutral and doesn't lean towards one nation. Everybody in Jordan likes the king himself, and you can't turn loyal citizens into people who want to kill the king or make the nation bad in the snap of a finger. It doesn't necessarily have to be TOT but could be like JV between Turkey and Indonesia where they both put in work to develop the MMWT. Instead a JV between Jordan and Turkey could be done if the Jordanian armed forces of course need to replace something, or buy a new product.

Forgot to mention, TOT was given to the UAE by South Africa and yet their relationships aren't very close.

Last edited:
@Philip the Arab Bro please do not get me wrong but as far as I know US, KSA, EU, Israil arre not the big problem. In your country there are high number of UK operatives (those are generally arab, not british) which are active for a very long time. (This is a problem we had with americans) You need to get rid of them first.

@Philip the Arab Bro please do not get me wrong but as far as I know US, KSA, EU, Israil arre not the big problem. In your country there are high number of UK operatives (those are generally arab, not british) which are active for a very long time. (This is a problem we had with americans) You need to get rid of them first.
UK operatives... I can't say I've seen them but how would they impede this?

I wouldn't support, ToT for critical parts and game changing weapons.

The same reason why US or Russia doesn't share critical technology, not even with allies.
I'm not saying critical but you have to remember South Korea is sharing with Indonesia pretty critical tech on their fifth gen fighter.
I consider aircraft tech, some missile tech, and radar systems critical tech.
I just want Jordan to get Altay, TF-X manufacturing but not avionics, T-129 manufacturing capability and such. There are other places Jordan can go that offer pretty critical tech for TOT like South Africa, Ukraine.

For example South Africa gave Mokopa TOT to Saudi Arabia. Same could be done with Jordan if tech was too critical for Turkey.
upload_2019-5-11_13-31-50.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom