What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

Turkish products need to ensure their equipment is correctly priced

Recent sales are showing they are getting as expensive as European systems

Even if they just breakeven and no more they need to get a foot hold in the markets

Turkey needs to add more financing from central banks and cover for purchases from military

Otherwise they will be sidelined by bigger European company’s who have huge pockets

Good products, good marketing and good finances

This is probably why we offer more ToT than our European competitors.

Turkish products need to ensure their equipment is correctly priced

Recent sales are showing they are getting as expensive as European systems

Even if they just breakeven and no more they need to get a foot hold in the markets

Turkey needs to add more financing from central banks and cover for purchases from military

Otherwise they will be sidelined by bigger European company’s who have huge pockets

Good products, good marketing and good finances

AFAIK it's actually quite the opposite. If you're referring to the 1.5 billion USD deal for 30 atak choppers that was broken down and it was determined that the unit price for each chopper was around 6-8m USD (if I remember correctly). The rest of the money was for TOT etc.

If you have other examples please do share.

DexuDlBX4AEsJrK.jpg:large

Two projects (Akinci and MIUS) in just 5 years... i don't think so.

Two projects (Akinci and MIUS) in just 5 years... i don't think so.

For Akinci I have no doubt it will be finished by then, easily. Baykar I predict will have a prototype in a little more than 3 years. MIUS on the other hand I don't think will be finished even in 5 years. If they make MIUS a variant of TF-X then it might be possible.

Maybe it’s my sense for perfection and esthetic, but why change the design of coammand deck of I-class? Why not use stealth command deck design of Milgem?

As far as I know, Turkish sailors found that the Milgem’s command deck front design is not a sailor friendly design

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom