What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

plz post summary
Very basic summary : We're at 2billion USD export as TUSAS (Turkeys aircraft manufacturing firm) right now, but we've been pouring all our energy into creating prototypes and developing new projects.

We're at a crossroads and at the hard part of the journey. In a total of 10 years all of the projects that are currently ongoing will ne in the serial production phase and these numbers will fold exponentially. 10 to 11 billion USD in exports is what we're envisioning in 10 years (as TUSAS).

He says Gokbey has started serial production (TAI T625 general helicopter). He also said the T-FX (Turkish MMU fighter jet) will fly in 2025 and the first batch will be delivered in 2029. He mentioned getting personnel help from BAE for now. Also a single MMU will cost 100million USD's.

He compared the number of projects that are ongoing in TUSAS to the world leaders and said "because they've already completed this phase and have a wide gamut of products they are all in serial production mode while TUSAS is leading in number of projects by far, and when all these products mature the portfolios and capabilities (of products) will be comparable to the top leading firms in defence aircraft industry (to Boeing and LM etc.).

He also very briefly mentioned that Pakistan and said Turkey will be starting to get the 2billion USD after Turkey starts delivering the choppers to Pakistan which hasn't started yet.

plz post summary

He also compared TAI helicopter group with current Leonardo. Ongoing 6 helicopters are being developed by TAI. When they are completed, Turkey will be in same league or ahead of Leonardo in helicopter sector.

• T-129 Atak
  • T-629 Attack helicopter (6t)
  • Atak-2 Heavy class atack helicopter (10/12t)
  • T-625 Gökbey utility helicopter (6t)
  • T-70 utility helicopter (10t)
  • Heavy utility helicopter (10/12t)

Very basic summary : We're at 2billion USD export as TUSAS (Turkeys aircraft manufacturing firm) right now, but we've been pouring all our energy into creating prototypes and developing new projects.
I think he meant the 2 billion USD is the current turnover, not export numbers.
He says that the 2 billion USD export will be reached once the Pakistan deal commences (the Pakistan deal is a contract worth of 2 billion USD). Current TAI exports is 1 billion USD (if I understood correctly).

I think he meant the 2 billion USD is the current turnover, not export numbers.
He says that the 2 billion USD export will be reached once the Pakistan deal commences (the Pakistan deal is a contract worth of 2 billion USD). Current TAI exports is 1 billion USD (if I understood correctly).
But he said something like "we were at 1.3billion USD when I came, and in 1 year we doubled that to 2billion, so to add another zero isn't impossible in 10 years".

Then again, he might have been talking about turnover in that part too. Not sure.

with the changing dynamics there needs to be new fighter jets and more, greece piss poor nation has a pop of 10 million yet they have almost 200 fighter jets. TuAF has 300 with 49 of them f4 2020.

Smaller Air Force + really good educated Pilots with lot practice > bigger fleet + mediocre Pilots less practice.
Would you bet your money on a Falcon or Pigeon?

62115D5B-FB91-405B-898F-54A4EA31BA9A.jpeg

Americans are shooting themselves in the foot they are just giving reason 200 su-57 to be bought
On the other side i wonder from where greeks are going to find money for this stupid adventure eventually they will have those 24 F-35 and 84 F-16V this will only anger Turkey that will buy at least 200 su-57 and 35 su-35

Back
Top Bottom