What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

There is no "90 day delay" but "90 day delivery ban". Means, they will not deliver any F35 in next 90 days (they weren't going to anyway). The law has more value for showing the intention rather than stopping/slowing actual delivery.

Dude
When I say I'm not going to give you your candy for 90 days is the same as saying I will only give you your candy after 90 days

No need for too much philosophy

Dude
When I say I'm not going to give you your candy for 90 days is the same as saying I will only give you your candy after 90 days

No need for too much philosophy
Yes, but the candy was not going to arrive for 2 years anyways, so that makes no difference.

5EA53A81-EFEF-46A4-B3C7-B97125CDF708.jpeg

The prototype F-16C Block 30 aircraft modernised under the ÖZGÜR Programme and equipped with three coloured multi-functional displays and an indigenous mission computer running an Aselsan-developed national operational flight programme had conducted nine test flights as of 27 December 2016. The software running on the mission computer is installed in blocks dealing with different task capabilities (air-to-air, air-to-surface, etc.), which means not all mission computer functions are yet available. The existing flight control computer has not been changed and is therefore being used as part of the current project on an ‘as is’ basis.

In December 2016 (month 54), the 52-month programme schedule was extended to 80 months. After an extended period of silence, a prototype F-16C Block 30 modified under the ÖZGÜR programme conducted a test flight over Ankara on 23 July 2018. Sources have indicated to MONCh that important achievements have been made in the programme during the last two years and that steps are currently being taken to initiate the serial modernisation phase of the programme.

An informative article about Turk Defence Industry of Aviation with respect to:
  • TF-X: National Combat Aircraft ,

• HürJet New Generation Advanced Jet Trainer & Light Attack Aircraft,

• HÜRKUS-A/B/C Basic Trainer & Light Attack Aircraft,

• ÖZGÜR Programme
Turkish Defence & Aerospace Industry News Roundup
The aerospace sector is the largest contributor to Turkish defence exports. Military aerospace exports in 2017 totalled U$393 million, compared with $542 million in the civil sector – a reflection of the expansion of overall trade with the EU and NAFTA. Turkey mainly exports aircraft parts such as A400M and F-35 LIGHTNING II components to EU countries and the US under industrial participation and/or offset commitments.

For the full text: https://www.monch.com/mpg/news/air/4032-turkish-defence-aerospace-industry-news-roundup.html

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom