What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Like bismarck said: Finding a balance. I would go for 100 additional JF-17 fully equipped with turkish electronics,weapon systems. They are cheap and if u buy them in masses they would be even cheaper till TF-X is ready and all other Jets.

Turkey needs Air Defense Systems , not Fighter Jets like JF-17
We are developing HURJET to carry 3 tons payload and We are developing AKINCI UCAV to carry laser guided Bombs
We have also armed HURKUS and ANKA UCAV

I would go for extra 48 of S400 launchers with 192 missiles for $2,5 bil instead of 100 JF-17s

Turkey needs Air Defense Systems , not Fighter Jets like JF-17
We are developing HURJET to carry 3 tons payload and We are developing AKINCI UCAV to carry laser guided Bombs
We have also armed HURKUS and ANKA UCAV

I would go for extra 48 of S400 launchers with 192 missiles for $2,5 bil instead of 100 JF-17s
48 SAM launchers dont need pilots, ground support, Maintanence, service, hangars, fuels:) But 48 F16s need at least 48 pilot :)

Like bismarck said: Finding a balance. I would go for 100 additional JF-17 fully equipped with turkish electronics,weapon systems. They are cheap and if u buy them in masses they would be even cheaper till TF-X is ready and all other Jets.

Jf-17 use Russian engine, it would bring huge chaos against Turkey as Western news will mention that Turkey will be depend on Russia for spare parts.
They even did it for S400 which is only for protection, imagine the otherwise..

Jf-17 use Russian engine, it would bring huge chaos against Turkey as Western news will mention that Turkey will be depend on Russia for spare parts.
They even did it for S400 which is only for protection, imagine the otherwise..

West is not an Ally anymore. They support pkk/ypg instead of Turkey.

If they give us. I am not against f-35 but we need an option for our air force.

What's stopping the leaders making an executive decision on another platform after the TF-X?

Take China as an example, despite not having a solid foundation on engineering/building national fighter jets, they have two separate projects in-line e.g. J-20 and J-31... Both having different characteristics and have separate mission aims.

What's stopping the leaders making an executive decision on another platform after the TF-X?

Take China as an example, despite not having a solid foundation on engineering/building national fighter jets, they have two separate projects in-line e.g. J-20 and J-31... Both having different characteristics and have separate mission aims.

I would rather focus on one Project and push other projects like Ucav, navy, milden and so on..
remember that you also have to order more from these jets so it makes sense to make it..

Hurkus-C armed with missiles.
DZ9nCTiWkAAQtWe.jpg:large

Can't wait to see this beauty in action...A Turkish Super Tucano that can give a close air support and can pound PKK rats hard for much cheaper than an F-16.

Money? Our capabilities etc. First we focus on tfx then we plan a second one when we get british tech
Not just money, do not get me wrong money is a major problem too. We do not have required knowhow. If we do it all our own, it might take so long that we will have 5th gen fighter while other nations have 6th gen.

Time is a bigger problem than money here.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom