What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

dda07f9d-371a-437f-ba08-ddd6c965a555.jpg
does anyone have info on that "Advanced UAV"

i hope with 30mm gun.
Your dreams are unlikely to come true:(
30x113mm caliber gun which belongs to Apache wouldnt be prefered by Turkey if you asked me.
This caliber is very rare, americans use even ammo from depleted uranium.Our army would adhere with 20mm.Germans Tigers even dont have autocannon.
İ expect from ATAK 2 more ammo capacity with more armour, electronics and radar .

SSM Helikopter Daire Baskani Huseyin Avsar’in 2017’de verdigi roportaja gore, Aselsan aviyonikleriyle donatilmis T-70 genel maksat helikopterinin ilk ucusunun Mart 2018’de yapilmasi gerekiyor. @SavunmaSanayii @TUSASTAI

Translated from Turkish by Microsoft
SSM Helicopter Apartment President Huseyin Avsar in 2017, gave Roportaja Gore, equipped with Aselsan avionics, the T-70 general purpose helicopter, the first tip must be made in March 2018. @SavunmaSanayii @TUSASTAI

DX2NrDKWAAACflI.jpg

DX2NrDTXkAAyOPQ.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that this heli looks like Skorsky S70 too much?

Is it produced under licence?

Your dreams are unlikely to come true:(
30x113mm caliber gun which belongs to Apache wouldnt be prefered by Turkey if you asked me.
This caliber is very rare, americans use even ammo from depleted uranium.Our army would adhere with 20mm.Germans Tigers even dont have autocannon.
İ expect from ATAK 2 more ammo capacity with more armour, electronics and radar .

i know they wont do such a change but i want it :) We all know ATAK cant do much damage against a good armor. But its good for pkk/isis, Mızrak and Cirit can do the hard work. But we need +1000 20mm ammo for sure.

erciyes-projesi-749x370.jpg

The second aircraft from ERCIYES modernization accepted.

The 2nd Aviation Serial Aircraft Acceptance was realized by the Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) under the C-130 Avionics Modernization (ERCIYES) Project, where avionics modernization of C-130 transport aircraft in the Air Forces Command inventory was realized.

On December 28, 2017, the 2nd Aircraft Acceptance was completed on the ERCIYES project covering Avionics Modernization of 13 C-130E and 6 C-130B transport aircraft in the Hv.K.K. stock inventory signed between the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries and TAI in December 2006.

All the Certification / Qualification test flights of the prototype stage were completed and the Certificate of Completion Type Certificate (STC) was obtained. This document is the first certification document given by national facilities.

C-130 Avionics Modernization Project; equiped with 4 MFDs and 2 CDUs, compatible with international navigation needs (GATM, RVSM, CAT-II) and equipped with a multi-purpose 2-task computers, ground task scheduling system with high operational efficiency and night vision compatible sign and lighting systems.

Source: http://defenceandtechnology.com/2018/03/16/erciyes-projesinde-2nci-ucak-da-tamam/

To be honest, I had always looked forward to F-35s joining the Turkish air force (THK) but with all the political problems that now exist between the U.S. and Turkey, it worries me to think that Turkey will be reliant on a plane that the U.S. might be able to disable with just a "flick of a switch".

*TurAF will take delivery of first two F-35A in 2018 summer.

https://m.sabah.com.tr/ekonomi/2017/10/31/f-35ler-2018de-turkiyede

Can't shake the feeling this has been done as a big fat middle finger to the greeks and armenians in the US who have been crying for months now because we are buying F-35s. :D

They will literally shit their pants when the first F35Bs take of from Anadolu.:D:D

lol they called the F-35 a 4th Gen fighter in the article. Man Turkish mainstream media is so bad.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom