What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

First two F-35As will be delivered to TurAF in this summer, but will be sent to Turkey in 2019. Maybe we would see them in Turkey in first delivery ceremony before they went US to train our pilots.

how many hurkus plane do we have right now and how many will we have late 2018

The number of jet fighters should be increased and It seems that They are going to be increased in foreseeable future. The type of jet fighters are being diversified like following;

Air Superiority Fighters - 250+ TF-X
Ground Attack fighters - ~100 F-35A
Naval STOVL fighters- ~24 F-35B
Close Air Support light attack fighters - Hürjet (70 T-38 will be replaced. Addition to replacement, The number of Hürjets will be increased to meet light attack roles)
Unmanned jet fighter - MIUS

Yes we dooo immensely:)
But quantity or quality? it is the question.
Could we compare 10 f35 vs 50 f16?

Like bismarck said: Finding a balance. I would go for 100 additional JF-17 fully equipped with turkish electronics,weapon systems. They are cheap and if u buy them in masses they would be even cheaper till TF-X is ready and all other Jets.

Like bismarck said: Finding a balance. I would go for 100 additional JF-17 fully equipped with turkish electronics,weapon systems. They are cheap and if u buy them in masses they would be even cheaper till TF-X is ready and all other Jets.
HÜRKUŞ and Hürjet are coming, ANKA started serving even in Navy , we dont need imo.

İf we needed urgently some fighter jets, it would be just F16s.Chinese wrackages we dont need.

Price for JF-17
Block2= 28 million $ + Training
Block3= 32 million $ + Training

Why wasting Money, if you have F-16s?
And there are also better Aircrafts in this Price Class then JF-17!
F-16V...
F-15...
JAS 39 Gripen...

I agree - this would be a good compromise.

This will allow Turkey to test and refine all its electronics and weapon systems without foreign interference ( I assume Pakistan to be a brotherly nation that would do everything it can for Turkey).

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom