What's new

Turkish Armed Forces Multimedia Center

Tattoos are not an issue in military as long as they are not displayed openly. Getting a tattoo after you have joined causes no issue at all.

This is solely a PERSEC issue.

There is no point in wearing a balaclava then showing off tattoos on your arms that make it easy to follow you home to your family.

Please do not post pictures of soldiers with their tattoos visible just to be safe lads.

Bro, do you know if there are official persec rules for social media? Too many instagram/facebook profiles where everything is visible including geo-tagging :/. They really need to step up in that regard.

Bro, do you know if there are official persec rules for social media? Too many instagram/facebook profiles where everything is visible including geo-tagging :/. They really need to step up in that regard.
Unfortunately there are rules intact but social media is virtually impossible to curb.

I fear the day our guys fall into the same habits as US troops who dont have to worry about the Taliban following them home to their families. Our guys unfortunately dont live an entire continent away from the PKK, they infact live in the same cities.

During my regular service I spent 3 months training and then 12 months in a bodyguard unit. We were not even allowed a radio or TV our entire service. We never got weekends off like everybody else on the base and were not allowed to leave the base unless there was a medically good reason (good reason being surgery). OPSEC completely dominated everything. We were not allowed to talk to other units on the base. Even family visits, and phonecalls were unacceptable. I had to sit down and speak with the highest ranking officer on the entire base just to be granted a chance to go home to see my family, and I dare not say how high ranging he was.

If a bodyguard unit has to be that isolated can you imagine how important it should be that combat units do not use social media. But the lives of Generals matter more than combat soldiers, that is the issue.

At the time being, if a combat active soldier is discovered to be using social media he will be made delete it depending on his superior. Some might allow it some might not, even though the rules say it is not acceptable.

yLpXRM.jpg
0mpQND.jpg
8DLJ2r.jpg
gZYBZL.jpg
7M14gv.jpg

Unfortunately there are rules intact but social media is virtually impossible to curb.

Well, atleast it's good that there are general rules in place, just need to enforce it. But for example some of our guys that were KIA recently had facebook pages that sometimes were open, or they had written as job ''working at TSK'', stuff like that.

Look at the Russians that basically ended up invading Ukraine but didn't bother to look at social media and how open source analysts tracked everything down. Now imagine a country/intel unit trying to do the same instead of a bunch of guys with laptops and social media.

Right after that whole bashika training camp thing started Russians tracked down the instagram posts which showed conscripts with M60s, including inside the turret at gunner position.

A part of me also thinks it has to do with Turkish culture/youth embracing tech stuff so easily, just look at how many apps are being used in Turkey where people put up pictures etc. So with short term conscripts this becomes even worse. Sometimes when I google a random name of a karakol I end up with unofficial facebook pages, people with their pics/name in the open stating shit like ''safak X'' of ''gorev yerim'' etc. Instagram is even worse...

We simply can not afford to do so because of the increased fighting ''suikast'' type attacks targeting off-duty personnel with family etc will only increase in the future.

The only positive thing to note is that the media have finally catched up in this regard and are now pretty much blocking out all faces, same goes for some others, in the beginning of recent ops plenty of faces were still visible unfortunately.

But TSK also needs to step down themselves cause they publish pics of visits with faces in the open. Really need some young minds to wake everyone up or something.

But the lives of Generals matter more than combat soldiers, that is the issue.

As for this, biz insan hayatina gerekilen degeri vermiyoruz. Still haven't seen proper slat armor for example. Still semi-armored civil vehicles being used etc etc

Guys since Turkey has licence on Juan Carlos LHD (TCG Anadolu) Future LHD Project... Turkey can create more LHD's If they want to.. 3 LHD's would be great.. Having one in Mediterranean,Black sea and Indian Ocean since their is operating ships in Indian ocean

Guys since Turkey has licence on Juan Carlos LHD (TCG Anadolu) Future LHD Project... Turkey can create more LHD's If they want to.. 3 LHD's would be great.. Having one in Mediterranean,Black sea and Indian Ocean since their is operating ships in Indian ocean
There are rumors about the second one ''Trakya ''

Back
Top Bottom