What's new

Turkish air force lacks air to air?

Hello all..
I have a question.
Turkish air force has a big combat fleet.
and after f35 is going to join TUAF it will be a huge combat fleet.
Some f4 will be replaced. and some not..
f4=for bombing and strikes.
f16=ground attacks
f35=ground attacks..

I think turkish air force lacks of air to air.
I mean none of these aircrafts has better air to air then f22.. or those old russian planes sukhoi migs and stuff..
Maybe im wrong..
Correct me please..

And is it possible for pakistan to get f35 through turkey?
Because if i remember turkey can sell f35 to other countries right?

hahahahahaahha

so funny it means that f16 is not for air to air

same with f35

u are placing the both in the same category the indian planes lie in
means the category of planes lacking the air to air capabilities

The lack of air to air in turkish air force.. is by i mean..
an aircraft that only made for air to air.
just an air superiotity fighter.
like f18 or such..
or maybe f22 or eurofighter typhoons..
i know f16 and f35 are beasts in air to air.
but the airplanes of the russians are better in air to air due to manoevrebility.
the weapons of the turks are the most advanced and the best.
Not made by turkey but still turkey owns them.
They can manu fracture it. and rocketsan developed best rockets and missiles for navy and attack helicopters.
but still..

and btw typhoons are offered to Turkey.
Turkey has no interests.
They want to get a couple squadrons after they received the f35's.
and maybe they will get it before f35 to fullfill the gap.

I dont think Turkey lacking by any means, but if u think air superiority element is missing then it will be overcome with the addition of F-35.

US would also replace F-15's with F-35 for air supperiority.
U wold only need weapons configurations to make its role :cheers:

I dont think Turkey lacking by any means, but if u think air superiority element is missing then it will be overcome with the addition of F-35.

you are right they have a good air force but let me correct you that f-35 is to replace f-16,f-18 and a-10 thunderbolt.f-15 is a air superiority fighter not medium combat aircraft or multi role aircraft

why we paid for block 52 then?? it would have been more better if we would had trusted europe then america to provide us typhoon rather then ameirca for block 52 and those are on certain conditions.. :azn:

Why not trust china more and buy J10 at price tag of just 40 million with spares and no conditionalities attached.

why we paid for block 52 then?? it would have been more better if we would had trusted europe then america to provide us typhoon rather then ameirca for block 52 and those are on certain conditions.. :azn:

well, the Typhoon cost about 110 mil$ ,compared to the cost of f16 blk 52 at 60 mil$
now u seriously cant ask zardari to Pay the additional 50 mil out of his pocket
the only european aircraft that Paf can afford is the Saab Gripen , however it contains a lot of american tech so u might as well buy an american jet as well
Secondly f16 are multirole fighters and can be used in air to air combat
if they were just ground attack then americans would not have purchased 2000 of them , since the total combat strength of US airforce is 3200 aircraft

weapons is no problem for turkey.
We are developing better missiles then americans itself offers us.

Because they have to, if they had the choice they would replace F15s only with F22, but with twice the costs that is simply not possible.

well, the Typhoon cost about 110 mil$ ,compared to the cost of f16 blk 52 at 60 mil$
now u seriously cant ask zardari to Pay the additional 50 mil out of his pocket

But not in these small numbers of 36 fighters, just take the order of Australia for F 18SH as a comparison. They normaly are quoted with a price between $50 and 60 million each, but in big numbers. Australia pays $191 millions each, because they ordered only 24 and even Saudi Arabia that bought 72 EFs, paid over $100 million each.

who said to you that F 16 is not good in air to air fight are you out of your mind friend the F 16 was the first jet who legendary created the wars of air to air combat

WTF ? We lack air to air. I suggest you understand the concept of squadron roles. Not so called fighter roles.

Since your banned i might as well break it down for the other people here so they can understand exactly how everything is broken down.
Before i list them out might i add all Turkish F-16s unlike other countries who operate F-16s are all multirole ready. Meaning they can be set up for any mission role but specialize in one.
217 F-16s are currently operational in the TuAF. Majority being block 40 and 50 with a lower number of block 30s. (all of these will be at block 50+ CCIP status soon) number of them already are. With a additional 30 50+ aircraft on order to be delivered next year by Turkish Aerospace Industries.

Konya AB
132 Filo "Dagger" F-16C/D block 40
Role-Trianing and Multirole.

Akinci AB
141 Filo "Kurt (Wolf)" F-16C/D block 40
Role-Multirole, Air Defense(Dogfighting,BVR Air to air combat.)

142 Filo "Gazelle (Ceylan)" F-16C/D block 30
Multirole, Air Defense

143 Filo "Oncel" F-16C/D block 30
Role- Training

Merzifon AB
151 Filo "Bronze (Tunc)" F-16C/D block 50
Role- Multirole, SEAD(Surpression of Enemy Air Defenses) In other words they usually carry AGM-88 High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile (HARM) that take out SAM Radars/Sites. So their role is to go after sites that at the same time try to destroy them.

152 Filo "Raider (Akinci)" F-16C/D block 50
Multirole, SEAD

Bandirma AB
161 Filo "Bat (Yarasa)" F-16C/D block 40
Multirole, Attack(Destroy ground targets) Same role as the F-4 2020 terminators.
162 Filo "Harpoon (Zipkin)" F-16C/D block 40
Multirole, Attack

Diyarbakir AB
181 Filo "Panther (Pars)" F-16C/D block 40
Multirole, Attack

182 Filo "Hawk (Atmaca)" F-16C/D block 40
Multirole, Air Defence

Balikesir AB
191 Filo "Cobra (Kobra)" F-16C/D block 50
Multirole, SEAD

192 Filo "Tiger (Kaplan)" F-16C/D block 50
Multirole, Air Defence

We also have F-5s in a Low defence role incase we need more aircraft. And the RF-4s for recon. F-4 2020 terminators for attack.

F-35s will most likely be Multirole attack and Multirole SEAD. Air to air is possible too since they would take out most 4th gen aircraft with ease.

Sooner or later TUAF need a real Air Superiority Fighter, F-35 is a one engined Multirole Fighter. F-35 can perform SEAD, precision Strikes, BVR and Dogfigting, but JSF lacks on the Capabillity to reach Supercruise, TVC to perform Air Superiority Missions. After 2023/25 I hope TUAF induct a 5th Generation Fighter which is capable to perform Air Superiority Missions and I hope also that Turkey particapate with international Partners in the Development and have full Acces to the Source Codes.

Sooner or later TUAF need a real Air Superiority Fighter, F-35 is a one engined Multirole Fighter. F-35 can perform SEAD, precision Strikes, BVR and Dogfigting, but JSF lacks on the Capabillity to reach Supercruise, TVC to perform Air Superiority Missions. After 2023/25 I hope TUAF induct a 5th Generation Fighter which is capable to perform Air Superiority Missions and I hope also that Turkey particapate with international Partners in the Development and have full Acces to the Source Codes.

I don't think they will give us Source Codes. UK got lucky under the bush administration and got them. U.S. refused to give them to Israel and i don't think they will give them to Turkey. LM is regulated hard by the U.S. government they have very little say in the matter. I see the Eurofighter in the future. As a replacement to the remaining F-16 fleet after the induction of the F-35s. F-5s and F-4s will go first then the F-16s will start to retire. The CCIP is just a stop gap and nothing more till we make the switch over to 4.5/5 gen aircraft.

@Jigs

I don't mean that the US give us the Source Codes for F-35. After F-35 is full delivered to TUAF the remaining F-16 Fleet must be replaced by 5th Generation Fighter Aircraft Eurofighter or Korean KF-X, Turkey have the choice to join one of both Programms. When Turkey particapate in one of these Projects it is likely possible Turkey get full Access to the Source Codes. As far I know Alenia offered Turkey by joining EF-2000 development a 5th Partner full Access to the Source Codes.

dont know abt turkey but pakistan seriously need 4++ fighter to maintain balance of power .what europe has to offer us in this regard ??:azn:
Terribly sorry for the late reply.

This kind of fighter for Pakistan you mean? Typhoon? Well, a lot of people say it costs twice as much as an F-16, but its a hell of a lot better than an F-16, way more than twice and in every way. Basically you get what you pay for, put politely, a Typhoon would eat any type of F-16 there is with ease.

If Pakistan wants the Typhoon, maybe they could have them, but I have a gut feeling that if India chooses Typhoon, I'm not sure Europe would want to sell Pakistan it too, if Pakistan were interested. They're not really into selling two countries an asset like the Americans are, especially since Pakistan/India relations aren't the friendliest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom