What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

some time i don't know what to say about them they chose very wrong economic policy they can't run this country instead of asking our help they close the country on us whole government is a family club :angry:
Turkmenistan: Ashgabat Quietly Blocking Medical Pilgrims to Iran | EurasiaNet.org
i can Confirm this . in this side of border there is a lot of turkmen which stayed in better university and those poor sick turkmens come to us we see a lot of them for them it's very expensive and when they are retuning to their country if border guards find any kind of iranian Drug or medication they will take them away :hitwall: and about the houses in ashghabat a 4 bed apartment is about 1000 us dollar those building will use for iranians who live near border they will work in iran and sleep in turkmenistan since there is no receipt there and all gas water electric is free and it's not Islamist country and everything is cheap it's clear what will happens next :angry:

Last edited:
alright guys lets talk your silence is freezing to me what should a country like turkmenistan do for make better country the main income come from gas export other main export is the cotton . turkmenistan cotton is among the first 10th

some time i don't know what to say about them they chose very wrong economic policy they can't run this country instead of asking our help they close the country on us whole government is a family club :angry:
Turkmenistan: Ashgabat Quietly Blocking Medical Pilgrims to Iran | EurasiaNet.org
i can Confirm this . in this side of border there is a lot of turkmen which stayed in better university and those poor sick turkmens come to us we see a lot of them for them it's very expensive and when they are retuning to their country if border guards find any kind of iranian Drug or medication they will take them away :hitwall: and about the houses in ashghabat a 4 bed apartment is about 1000 us dollar those building will use for iranians who live near border they will work in iran and sleep in turkmenistan since there is no receipt there and all gas water electric is free and it's not Islamist country and everything is cheap it's clear what will happens next :angry:
I+feel+you+bro+_c348de8ec3c4bee27f1379f2061a9035.jpg

What the central asian countries need to do is get rid of their dictators simple as that, next all the Turkic countries must work to create a common Turkic language just like the arabs created Fus-ha arabic, we need to share natural, educational, and technological resources on a much larger scale, we need to make sure that we use islam to unify our beliefs on right and wrong, but also accept those who aren't muslim

Last edited:
alright guys lets talk your silence is freezing to me what should a country like turkmenistan do for make better country the main income come from gas export other main export is the cotton . turkmenistan cotton is among the first 10th

Get yourself a better gas route. Currently you're getting scammed by the Russians.

You got one of the highest gas resources in the world. Yet you live in poverty with such a low population.

I wonder that myself too.

@rmi5 @Irajgholi @telkon

Guys, i could never connect Turkic Nations to each other.

I mean Turkish, Azeris, Qajars fall into Oghuz Tribe.

24-oguz-boyu.gif

Now, i know Turkey's Turks originated from Kayı Tribe, sub-branch of the Bozok tribal federation. But i don't know the place of Azeris and Qajars.

Also I don't know, how we are connected to Kazakhs, Uygurs, Kırgız, etc....

finally, i found your original post! :)

here, i made scheme for you:

Adsız2.png

glottochronological research suggests that by 4000 BC Turkics were distinct ethnic unity. Then, by 600 BC they started to diverge. there are too many theories and uncertainties about formation of turkic peoples. and that would take pages and pages of explanation. but in short it can be said that modern turkic peoples are a mix of huns, dinlins, kypchaks, kyrgyzes and chidi peoples which took place during 3-10. centuries AD (for kazakhs and uzbeks that would be 14-15. century AD).

and on anatolian turks. kayı was just one of 24 oğuz tribes and members of ottoman dynasty came from this tribe. just as seljuk rulers came from oğuz kınık tribe. in modern turkey the most populous oğuz tribes are chepni (black sea region and aegean regon), avshar (almost everywhere :D), salur (mersin, adana, manisa) bayat (g.antep, kilis), varsak (not a tribe per se, but very populous. they're kind of confederation of various turkmen clans and tribes)

Azeris constitute of turkmen tribes like Şamlı/Şamlu, Kaçar, Tekeli, Dulkadirli, Afşar, Humuslu and some Syrian Alawit turkmen tribes. and of course they have some iranian, aboriginal caucasian, some kypchak and pechenek elements. Qajar is Kaçar tribe by the way :) oh, i forgot about akkoyunlu and karakoyunlu turkmen tribes.

View attachment 17282

glottochronological research suggests that by 4000 BC Turkics were distinct ethnic unity. Then, by 600 BC they started to diverge. there are too many theories and uncertainties about formation of turkic peoples. and that would take pages and pages of explanation. but in short it can be said that modern turkic peoples are a mix of huns, dinlins, kypchaks, kyrgyzes and chidi peoples which took place during 3-10. centuries AD (for kazakhs and uzbeks that would be 14-15. century AD).

and on anatolian turks. kayı was just one of 24 oğuz tribes and members of ottoman dynasty came from this tribe. just as seljuk rulers came from oğuz kınık tribe. in modern turkey the most populous oğuz tribes are chepni (black sea region and aegean regon), avshar (almost everywhere :D), salur (mersin, adana, manisa) bayat (g.antep, kilis), varsak (not a tribe per se, but very populous. they're kind of confederation of various turkmen clans and tribes)

Azeris constitute of turkmen tribes like Şamlı/Şamlu, Kaçar, Tekeli, Dulkadirli, Afşar, Humuslu and some Syrian Alawit turkmen tribes. and of course they have some iranian, aboriginal caucasian, some kypchak and pechenek elements. Qajar is Kaçar tribe by the way :) oh, i forgot about akkoyunlu and karakoyunlu turkmen tribes.
do you know any good turkic history books in english or turkish?

Kaşgarlı Mahmud - divanı lügatit türk

View attachment 17282

Thx for the explanation. Now i understand it better. :)

the topic is too broad. for example there are 11 books on jie people of 2. century AD alone.

Otto Maenchen-Helfen's book on huns is very good. and i think there are books by L. Gumilev which are translated into turkish. gumilev is my favourite. and also there's too much difference between western and russian turkology. first i read russian books, then i read westerners' books and the difference is astonishing. example: westerners say huns are mongols, russians say turkic. westerners say saka are iranian, russians say of mixed or turkic origin.

edit: there's book by faruk sümer named oğuzlar-türkmenler. it's also very good.

Get yourself a better gas route. Currently you're getting scammed by the Russians.

You got one of the highest gas resources in the world. Yet you live in poverty with such a low population.
i know that

you right i know that if we make gas route to pakistan (even if we don't consider the security problem in afghanistan ) india will demand the same if we refuse this means we screwing with indians and if we give that . that means we are screwing with Chinese since gorgia is no longer with us we cat make route to EU even if we do that's means screwing with russians iranians and maybe Chinese turkey should help us to industrialized turkmenistan with cheap energy and labor force it is very good for us also you can help us in sea farming traditionally we turkmens make fishing ship and some fishing towers we called basagha in the sea turkmenistan shore is not so deep also turkmenistan should looked for banking and airline business carpet and horse export ..

it must be harar ( bigger çuval)

i heard hara used by elder lady. several years age we were helping our friend to move his house and his mother said "use that hara by the door to carry those". i looked it up in tdk sözlüğü and it says there are both hara and harar usage, meaning same büyük çuval.

Turkmenistan to Build Another Expensive Thing It Doesn't Need
February 7, 2014 - 11:38am, by Myles G. Smith

Turkmenistan appears poised to build the one white elephant it's overlooked during a 15-year building spree—a subway system under the streets of its deserted capital city.

President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov mooted the idea during a meeting with Ukrainian construction magnate Vladimir Petruk in Ashgabat this week. During the meeting, Berdymukhamedov reportedly asked Petruk to study the issue. "Due to the rapid growth of the capital city and increase in its population, the esteemed president drew attention to the need to build a metro," state television announced on February 4.

I can't help but take a bit of credit for the concept, which I used to suggest in jest to anyone who would listen when I lived in Ashgabat. In jest, because Ashgabat's low population, sprawl, earthquakes, and lack of traffic make a subway an imprudent investment.

Petruk apparently raised the idea back in 2005 with Berdymukhamedov's predecessor, Saparmurat Niyazov. The plans went nowhere that time, perhaps for good reason.

Estimates of Ashgabat's population generally hover between 700,000 and one million. During the Soviet era, one million was the minimum number required for Moscow’s planners to consider building a metro in a city.

While the Guinness Book of World Records says Ashgabat hosts the world's highest concentration of white marble-clad buildings, its concentration of actual residents is notoriously low, to the point where many districts feel empty. Large new apartment buildings are spaced far apart, with some units sitting empty years after completion. Massive parks, curious cultural objects – such as the world’s largest indoor ferris wheel – and vast emptiness separate residential districts in new parts of the city.

A subway system requires a high-population density to be efficient. Ashgabat's wide roads were designed to suit buses and personal cars. Yet traffic is rare except when the president's security team closes a road hours in advance of his motorcade, causing the odd traffic jam. Ashgabat’s buses are reasonably efficient and cheap, as are unlicensed taxis, thanks to highly subsidized fuel.

Ashgabat residents are also justifiably leery of spending time in newly constructed objects, thrown up lately with suspect standards. They would be forgiven for hesitating to travel under a city where mass graves for the 100,000-odd victims of the 1948 earthquake are still auspicious urban landmarks.

Kazakhstan poses a model for failure that Turkmenistan might heed. Almaty's metro, which opened in 2011, took over 20 years to build, doesn't connect enough neighborhoods to be useful yet, and loses riders to skepticism about construction standards. Despite Almaty’s notorious traffic and much higher density, metro ridership is still low.

Perhaps Ashgabat’s metro could become a link between numerous underused boondoggle projects: A new $2 billion airport will replace Ashgabat's sleepy existing terminal in 2016, and its $5 billionOlympic City, complete with monorail loop, is scheduled for completion in time to host the obscure Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games in 2017.

Of course, while we indulge in snickering at Turkmenistan’s many spendthrift decisions, profligate government waste is no joke for residents who cannot get decent medical care and whose children are conscripted to pick cotton.
:hitwall:

Our name Ahiska was even mentioned in the old Dede Korkut

Good old days where you could just strangle the incompetent leader and declare yourself leader :D

Good old days where you could just strangle the incompetent leader and declare yourself leader :D

@telkon

Some says Krygyz were originally Indo-European and some Chinese sources says they were red haired, what do you think ?

@telkon

Some says Krygyz were originally Indo-European and some Chinese sources says they were red haired, what do you think ?
They say that to all (There is no Turkic gene all Turkics were always a caucasoid+mongoloid mix for example Uyghurs look 40% caucasoid)

Back
Top Bottom