What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

After you learn some russian google translate is good to use when you are wondering what a certain word is when you are thinking of a sentence. I use it alot with my arabic.

Wrong person :D you should say that to Targon :)

Really? I also want to learn Russian because most Turkic peoples speak Russian. I don't have time now but when I have I will try Assimil. If you are handy you can even find free pdf on the net.

I have approx. 4000 pdf books on languages :D so that makes me über handy? :)

Last edited:
İs it hard to learn a complete new language properşwhen you're an adult?

İs it hard to learn a complete new language properşwhen you're an adult?
I guess many of us here are considered adult (mostly 20s, i assume) and learn languages. As long as you have the will, you can learn.

I'm curious. Who's learning what languages and how?
I'm studying Japanese and learn Korean and Uyghur in my free time via pdf, flashcards, talking with natives.

Is Russian difficult? I might give it a try.

Last edited:
I'm 25 and started Russian this year and Spanish 1 year ago, its upon you mate. No excuses ;)

Well İ am thinking about Russian or Chinese. These two are probably the most usefull now in Turkey.
And İ'm not just pursuing knowing the language, but also knowing the language correct.

I should expand my question.

Can an adult learn to speak a complete new language fluently.

@usernameless

Well İ am thinking about Russian or Chinese. These two are probably the most usefull now in Turkey.
And İ'm not just pursuing knowing the language, but also knowing the language correct.

@usernameless

I heard Chinese has become one of the most important languages in the business world, so it could come in handy.

@usernameless
I think i understand what you mean. It's completely possible for you to learn a language and survive with it, but grasping the 'soul' of a language is hard. You'll need lots of practical practise to sound natural, yet there will be many times you still will come off as unnatural to a native when you think you knew it all. Honestly i don't think a native would expect you to speak 100% like him/her anyway.

I think i understand what you mean. It's completely possible for you to learn a language and survive with it, but grasping the 'soul' of a language is hard. You'll need lots of practical practise to sound natural, yet there will be many times you still will come off as unnatural to a native when you think you knew it all. Honestly i don't think a native would expect you to speak 100% like him/her anyway.

Accent is not that much of a problem either. I am born and raised Dutch. However the accent as with most foreigners is still their. Even foreigners with a native Dutch like Surinamers and Antillianen can't speak proper Dutch.

Anyway,
First priority would be to work the edges of my Turkish and work my moderate German to a advanced level.
Than I can think about Chinese.

What I noticed in Turkey is that foreign languages are really valuable, including plain English. We are a nation with a illiteracy towards foreign languages. So the more languages you have, the more you get a head start in your carrier, whether as a employee or a businessman.

Thx for the info guys.

Accent is not that much of a problem either. I am born and raised Dutch. However the accent as with most foreigners is still their. Even foreigners with a native Dutch like Surinamers and Antillianen can't speak proper Dutch.

Anyway,
First priority would be to work the edges of my Turkish and work my moderate German to a advanced level.
Than I can think about Chinese.

What I noticed in Turkey is that foreign languages are really valuable, including plain English. We are a nation with a illiteracy towards foreign languages. So the more languages you have, the more you get a head start in your carrier, whether as a employee or a businessman.

Thx for the info guys.
Ja, zo'n accent heb ik ook, denk ik :)

So, you're serious about moving to Turkey when you have the chance?

Ja, zo'n accent heb ik ook, denk ik :)

So, you're serious about moving to Turkey when you have the chance?

Yep. This year probably.

I had a big holiday this year. I got my parents a retirement(emeklilik) in Turkey. So now that I know that they are economically secured, I as a young man can do anything that I want.

I love Turkey and I dislike the Netherlands. I feel well and at home when I'm in Turkey.

Yep. This year probably.

I had a big holiday this year. I got my parents a retirement(emeklilik) in Turkey. So now that I know that they are economically secured, I as a young man can do anything that I want.

I love Turkey and I dislike the Netherlands. I feel well and at home when I'm in Turkey.
I'm on the same boat with you. I too wish to leave the Netherlands and go to Turkey or Korea a few years later. Unfortunately, as the oldest of my siblings, my parents want to keep me close to them. Hope everything will work out well for you and your family.

I'm on the same boat with you. I too wish to leave the Netherlands and go to Turkey or Korea a few years later. Unfortunately, as the oldest of my siblings, my parents want to keep me close to them. Hope everything will work out well for you and your family.

Thx mate,

I can fully understand you. I'm also the oldest. It brings a lot of responsibilities. I feel obligated to ensure the future of my little brother and my parents. So up until now all my efforts regarding the emigration to Turkey was all for them.
I haven't lift even one finger for myself yet.

Cheers mate,

Im thinking about moving to Turkey to. Its just that I am not used to cities. Is there any money to be made outside of cities?

Back
Top Bottom