What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

No thats different, most Turkic people indeed have some foreign genes because even if they not came to densely populated lands like Iran or Anatolia, steppes still had a indo-european population in ancient times, and they're surely consumed by Turkics coming from east.

In Uyghurs case, as far as I know their lands was a major center of indo-european speakers, thats why they have more foreign genes in them then lets say Kazakhs, Krygyz, who inhabits large steppes with historically no sedentary people.

In Krygyz claim, they say they were originally a indo-european people.

Here is a really famous actor who is a Lipka Tatar Charles Bronson.
Charles Bronson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bronson.jpg

@Targon

the topic is too broad. for example there are 11 books on jie people of 2. century AD alone.

Otto Maenchen-Helfen's book on huns is very good. and i think there are books by L. Gumilev which are translated into turkish. gumilev is my favourite. and also there's too much difference between western and russian turkology. first i read russian books, then i read westerners' books and the difference is astonishing. example: westerners say huns are mongols, russians say turkic. westerners say saka are iranian, russians say of mixed or turkic origin.

edit: there's book by faruk sümer named oğuzlar-türkmenler. it's also very good.

And I'm glad I speak it. Its a gateway to knowledge.

@telkon

I'm learning Russian but I will go nowhere with my laziness and only-study-before-exams tempo in practise, can you find me some visual sources that has relatively easy language and subtitles(subtitles can be Russian as well) like cartoons, visual stories, or anything so I can improve my sentence making and pronunciation.

@telkon

I'm learning Russian but I will go nowhere with my laziness and only-study-before-exams tempo in practise, can you find me some visual sources that has relatively easy language and subtitles(subtitles can be Russian as well) like cartoons, visual stories, or anything so I can improve my sentence making and pronunciation.

@telkon

You can try rosetta stone educational sofware. I studied latin and polish with it. Wasn't bad.

Does it just teaches beginners level ?

Found this

I have books and notes, I need such practices just for pronunciation and sentence making :) cool stories.

Last edited:
Does it just teaches beginners level ?

Found this

I have books and notes, I need such practices just for pronunciation and sentence making :) cool stories.

Well, it has varying levels for different languages. I can't tell you for sure about russian pack. You can speak to the microphone and it calculates how good your pronunciation is :) it gives you words and asks to make sentence. At least that was the case with latin and polish.
Sorry, logging from mobile so can't view youtube video.

@atatwolf I used berlits, pimsleur, assimil, teach yourself series. I must say pimsleur sucks and assimil rocks :D

Last edited:
@Targon
After you learn some russian google translate is good to use when you are wondering what a certain word is when you are thinking of a sentence. I use it alot with my arabic.

Last edited:
@atatwolf I used berlits, pimsleur, assimil, teach yourself series. I must say pimsleur sucks and assimil rocks :D
Really? I also want to learn Russian because most Turkic peoples speak Russian. I don't have time now but when I have I will try Assimil. If you are handy you can even find free pdf on the net.

Back
Top Bottom