What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

IT's a mystery to me who doesn't know much of Turkey's history. Would like to know the reason though.

In short, those who stayed in east, at historically sparsely populated steppes, remained more Asiatic, while those wo went to west came to lands with dense sedentary population, those people are not cleansed, many are intermarried with newcomers, some assimilated in groups. Its not just Turks of Turkey btw, Uzbeks, Turkmens, Uyghurs, Tatars etc. also have significiant amount of foreign genes in them.

Also not everyone you see from Turkey are Turks, Anatolia was always multi ethnic and still so, but many actual ethnic Turks still have Asiatic features.

Mixed with European, Persian and Arabic ethnies.

Why do people of turkey like to stress more on their Turkish ancestry than their European, Arab or Persian ancestry ?

In short, those who stayed in east, at historically sparsely populated steppes, remained more Asiatic, while those wo went to west came to lands with dense sedentary population, those people are not cleansed, many are intermarried with newcomers, some assimilated in groups. Its not just Turks of Turkey btw, Uzbeks, Turkmens, Uyghurs, Tatars etc. also have significiant amount of foreign genes in them.

Also not everyone you see from Turkey are Turks, Anatolia was always multi ethnic and still so, but many actual ethnic Turks still have Asiatic features.

Hmmm... Can you post some pics of Asiatic/Central Asian looking people of Turkey ? Thanks

For some reason people of turkey look nothing like all the Turkic people on the entire first page.
Look at it this way,there are about 6 milion Turks living in Europe.
At least 10% are married to locals,the children are half,German,Dutch.French,Swedish etc...
We can be sure that where ever Turks came they married some locals.
I'm sure many from India married British.

Why do people of turkey like to stress more on their Turkish ancestry than their European, Arab or Persian ancestry ?
We are mixed but still a huge part of us is Turkic, beeing Turks is our identitiy, we cant say we are European or Persian or Arab only because we mixed with them.

Hmmm... Can you post some pics of Asiatic/Central Asian looking people of Turkey ? Thanks
There is not a factual way to describe this,maybe its the blood.
We Turks be it half or a quarter,we have this feeling of Turkishness.

Well, looking for them one by one would be a pain :D but some of my relatives has visible Asiatic features as well, its especially visible in my home region because its not much multi ethnic, vast majority is Turkish.

Just opened facebook and came across to this guy from my mother's town
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1374764_176039832598073_587893938_n.jpg

@Targon @T-123456 @xenon54 Okay got it guys Thanks. Would be great if I can get to see a good documentary on Turkey's history. Seems interesting. Thanks :-)

By the way, Central Asian(Uzbekistan) and Afghan Turks had a major impact on India's medieval history too
Who knows,maybe you have some Turkish blood to?

Personal suffixes in Oghuz tongues:

Turkish:-yor-

(Geliyor)

Azerbaijani:-(y)ır-, -(y)ir-, -(y)ur-, -(y)ür-

(Gəlir, alır, görür / oxuyur, başlayır, gözləyir)

Turkmen:-ýar-, -ýär-

(Gelýär, okaýar)

Last edited:
Personal suffixes in Oghuz tongues:

Turkish:-yor-

(Geliyor)

Azerbaijani:-(y)ır-, -(y)ir-, -(y)ur-, -(y)ür-

(Gəlir, alır, görür / oxuyur, başlayır, gözləyir)

Turkmen:-ýar-, -ýär-

(Gelýär, okaýar)
well im not language expert and i idk how to write in turkmen maybe speaking and writing is little different but i think it's better i add some example for you

yar yes it's right but today it's not common we use ya instead of yar and yo instead of yogh/yok/yoq/yog (what ever way it's written i can only speak turkmen ) so here my example
gel'ya gid'ya bashle'ya goze'ya al'ya ber'ya aghle'ya gul'ya ghulogh as'ya isleya ishle'ya oki'ya

your example (Gəlir, alır, görür / oxuyur, başlayır, gözləyir)
turkmen form geler alar gorer okiya/okiyor bashliya bekleya/durya

So just like Turkish, many people pronounce "Geliyo" instead of "Geliyor"

Does Turkmen have local dialects ? here sometimes difference between local dialects is close to difference between Turkish and Azeri :D

Here is how rurals speak in my home region.(but even in the same region there are minor differences)

Starts at 7:20

Edit: Do you guys have a word like "Samut" , its used a lot here, means something like deaf/mute I think, my mother keep telling me "Samut gibi durma" "Samutlaşma" since I'm a silent type and don't socialize much :D there is also "Keme" which they use for mouse.

Last edited:
@telkon

довелось ne demek ? ne sözlükte ne google translate te çıkıyor.

Back
Top Bottom