What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

@ghara ghan

I found Magtymguly's poems in Youtube :D

Its "sound" is actually very familiar(check the comment :D), its just the choice of words and pronounce difference which is a natural result of geoghpraphical distance.
ofc it is :lol: same for me when i watching your tv series :cheers:

They used both, helmet was copied from Ottomans of course, which is also spreaded to all over Europe :) Although skins and wings are most likely not brought by Ottomans, at least I don't know anything about Turkish warriors from east wearing wings and leopard skins, they're most likely locally developed in Balkans(maybe at Ottoman period)
It still looks bad ***.:smokin:

By familiar I don't mean Modern Turkish, but local dialects :D as that comment below video says, you could say that guy in video might be from Kayseri :D

@Targon @ghara ghan
I think you need to compare their equipments, and training, ... with the level of threats that they may face in future. The fact is, Turkmenistan does not need to spend a lot of money for its army, if they don't have a bunch of substantial threats. I think their relation is good with all of their neighbors, except for Uzbekistan, and, I have highly doubts about any terrorism threats for them due to their homogenous, and tribal society. It would be almost impossible for every one to penetrate into their country, and do terrorist attacks.

@Targon @ghara ghan
I think you need to compare their equipments, and training, ... with the level of threats that they may face in future. The fact is, Turkmenistan does not need to spend a lot of money for its army, if they don't have a bunch of substantial threats. I think their relation is good with all of their neighbors, except for Uzbekistan, and, I have highly doubts about any terrorism threats for them due to their homogenous, and tribal society. It would be almost impossible for every one to penetrate into their country, and do terrorist attacks.
wrong bro uzbekistan and turkmenistan are almost ally they both are in Chinese side i can say if turkmenistan got in trouble uzbekistan will help them but yes turkmens have very successful foreign policy i can say turkmenistan don't have enemy but it wont remain as such forever so better spend some money on army since they have problem in caspian sea and terrorism/ drug smugglers need to put down

wrong bro uzbekistan and turkmenistan are almost ally they both are in Chinese side i can say if turkmenistan got in trouble uzbekistan will help them but yes turkmens have very successful foreign policy i can say turkmenistan don't have enemy but it wont remain as such forever so better spend some money on army since they have problem in caspian sea and terrorism/ drug smugglers need to put down
Actually, previously I read a news that trains are not traveling between Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, So, I thought that they may be some conflict or rivalry. I don't know, probably it has been just a temporary issue...

They used both, helmet was copied from Ottomans of course, which is also spreaded to all over Europe :) Although skins and wings are most likely not brought by Ottomans, at least I don't know anything about Turkish warriors from east wearing wings and leopard skins, they're most likely locally developed in Balkans(maybe at Ottoman period)

I remember from Muhteşem Yuzyıl, "Akıncılar" were wearing animal skins and wings. Also i read it from somwhere else at the time.

I don't watch but it must Delis they were trying to depict, Muhteşem Yüzyıl sucks hard at historical accuracy anyway.

Actually, previously I read a news that trains are not traveling between Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, So, I thought that they may be some conflict or rivalry. I don't know, probably it has been just a temporary issue...

yes in central asia there is no problem between the countries except Uzbekistan ans tajikistan which they are in cold war ! also i believe tajikistan's Dam has done some damaged to both uzbekistan and turkmenistan

A bit OT but: I'm participating in a program for incoming students (from foreign countries) where we assist them and make sure they are ok. I've been assigned an Uzbek girl. Lets all hope she's pretty.

yes in central asia there is no problem between the countries except Uzbekistan ans tajikistan which they are in cold war ! also i believe tajikistan's Dam has done some damaged to both uzbekistan and turkmenistan
Kyrgiz also dont like Uzbeks

I remember from Muhteşem Yuzyıl, "Akıncılar" were wearing animal skins and wings. Also i read it from somwhere else at the time.

Matthew of Edessa, Chronicles/ Urfali Mateo Vakayiname. He depicts turkmen akincilar as 'wearing animal fur, use bows and have long hairs. Even their horses are covered with animal fur. They make horrifying sound while charging.' Though I don't have any idea about muhtesem yuzyil, for I don't watch TV.

Back
Top Bottom